Gearbest.com Dome Z7 dashcam review and comparison against G1WH.

It will. Just swap the balls

Coupons codes GBZ7 or DOMEZ7 are expired
It's only $44.76 anyways.
Coupon code G2015 gives you this discount but you have to add something to make it over $50, maybe a microsd card:
Over $50.00, save $5.00,Over $80.00, save $9.00,Over $100.00, save $12.00,Over $200.00, save $25.00,Over $300.00, save $39.00,Over $400.00, save $55.00

It's working fine in my car so far so great value.

Sunny daft question but are you the same Sunny that works for Gearbest?

That'll be amazing to be in two places at the same time.
Would be great invention of all time. Like in 'Star Wars' beam me up to China for work and then beam back to Denver to work here would be amazing.

In short, no. Sunny is my forum nick name and I think Gearbest's Sunny is also a nick name though but for different persons.
Maybe brother from another mother and father. :D

I was wondering as well.. but was sure they weren't the same person ;)

That'll be amazing to be in two places at the same time.
Would be great invention of all time. Like in 'Star Wars' beam me up to China for work and then beam back to Denver to work here would be amazing.

In short, no. Sunny is my forum nick name and I think Gearbest's Sunny is also a nick name though but for different persons.
Maybe brother from another mother and father. :D

Hey, as it happens, China and Denver are 12 hours apart (time zones). talk about 24-hour service! :D You must be exhausted!!

Hey, as it happens, China and Denver are 12 hours apart (time zones). talk about 24-hour service! :D You must be exhausted!!
Yes, I need a vacation. ;)

One more night video sample from 03/15/2015:

I can't find firmware updates for Z7 like G1Wh otherwise it'll be worthwhile to test.

Sunny in your opinion the Z7 its still the best small&cheap dash cam?

One question when you press the save on the Z7 the camera ends the file at the moment, and start a new one, or the saved file have the same length as all the other ones.

(i use this function a lot on dailyroads for android and it saves a lot of time on compilation of the bad drivers)

The saved file will have same size as others.
What I do, is after pressed the "save" button, I stop recording and starts again.
By doing this, I know when I watch the file later on the PC where is the "saved" point, and the important action is always at the end of the saved file.
Very useful when I let the saved file many days into the dashcam, and then I forgot why I have saved some files ;)

Sunny in your opinion the Z7 its still the best small&cheap dash cam?

One question when you press the save on the Z7 the camera ends the file at the moment, and start a new one, or the saved file have the same length as all the other ones.

(i use this function a lot on dailyroads for android and it saves a lot of time on compilation of the bad drivers)
In that price range and small size for a 1080p, Z7 is probably the best.
If you can up the price little bit, G90 is for $61 at gearbest and much better quality:
Oh, I never press save/event button.
1st, I don't want to look or even think about pressing dashcam when I'm driving. It's taking your attention off the road.
2nd, I don't want the file to end right there as I may need more follow up video and need to join.
3rd, it's partially behind the rearview mirror so not easy.
4th, I have enough space on the card to go back a week.

Last edited:
Back