Should I get one?

Theweekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

As above.. It will be my first dash came and I like the mini series as I want it to be small and discrete. It looks so much better than the 0803 but the problems people are expiercing are putting me off

Maybe just wait a bit until you see more feedback from the latest batch of cameras and see how it fares

If looking from a Chinese seller they're on holidays anyway so nothing much will happen before the end of the month regardless

Hi

As above.. It will be my first dash came and I like the mini series as I want it to be small and discrete. It looks so much better than the 0803 but the problems people are expiercing are putting me off
It is much better than the 0803, I have both.

It has also proved reliable so far, the problems people have been having with the first production batch are unfortunate and were not present in the previous prototypes, but I'm sure they will be fixed and probably already have been with the second batch. Just make sure you buy it from somewhere easy to send it back (EU based) just in case there are also unexpected problems with the second batch.

Im from the UK. Where would be the best place to order when I do? I guess I shall wait but dont want to wait to long

@JooVuu if they have stock of the second batch, might be best to contact them through here and check, they've suffered some server issues this week and not sure if they're back to normal just yet

Regardless where you buy from, make sure it's not 1st batch.

Hi

I suggest waiting as well, I just got mine and it's definitely not a plug and play camera yet. Better to let the more experienced users have our fun and hash out the bugs. It's a nice camera, it just needs a little time.

While you're waiting and researching, check out the A118 and the Mobius for good, discreet options and keep reading the 0806 threads.

Focus is done manually on any batch, so it could be an issue anyway

Focus problem is common but poor gps is probably the biggest issue
My Batch 2 GPS is flawless so far. It acquires lock in 2 mins or less so far.

Absolutely, no make or model is immune from human error unfortunately
True but the hope is they will pay extra attention since manufacturer is now aware of the issue so less chance.

True but the hope is they will pay extra attention since manufacturer is now aware of the issue so less chance.

human error is one thing, they made a mistake in the way they were setting the focus which I'm sure they've since addressed

My Batch 2 GPS is flawless so far. It acquires lock in 2 mins or less so far.
Looking through my recorded video, I can't find an example of my 0806 taking even 1 minute for a cold start, but it is sitting on an 0803 mount.

I suggest waiting as well, I just got mine and it's definitely not a plug and play camera yet.
Huh? What difficulties are you having with "plugging and playing" there? The camera is fine, I've mounted a few weeks ago and forgot it's even there. It's very compact that's what mattered for me, although I do wish the picture would be slightly better and, unfortunately, that will not improve with any batch.

Rayman in another thread said that GPS issue is fixed in the hardware of the housing, so... I guess we should get housing replacement since it's under warranty, no?

Just need better image quality, everything else is secondary. Currently, it's just average.
Huh? Are you reading the same threads I am? There have been improvements made to fix a handful of issues that many are having. Ignore the rest of those people, mine is great, still means maybe he should wait until it's 100%, especially for a beginners first cam. These teething problems are normal for any new camera and are being fixed. My advice, in general, especially for beginners is to wait for the bugs to be worked out for the smoothest first time experience.

No doubt, this is a nice camera with great potential.

Last edited:
Looking through my recorded video, I can't find an example of my 0806 taking even 1 minute for a cold start, but it is sitting on an 0803 mount.
I'm in this camp as well.

I really like my 0806. It is my current camera of choice. I love how small it is. and they way it looks. I love the 15 second screen off time.

you guys have the pre release version though yeah? seems it's the first batch of 500 where they changed something

you guys have the pre release version though yeah? seems it's the first batch of 500 where they changed something
Yeah I have a beta version on an 0803 mount.

Back