Does anyone sell the 0806 Parking Guard mount?

cl53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the main reasons I chose this camera over the 0805 and other brand was due to the parking mount. I have had my 2nd gen 0806 since early Feb and I have been very happy with it but all I need now is the parking guard. I'm a very avid dash cam user since 0801 and I have written many guides (mainly to do with hardwiring these to Honda's) that have thousands of views. Anyway I digress, does anybody know where I can buy it?

I am happy to purchase it from overseas if that is a must?

Thanks

Have you tried turning on the Parking Guard without the mount?
I will try it tomorrow. Am I right in assuming that the camera will only record if the G-Sensor is activated?

I will try it tomorrow. Am I right in assuming that the camera will only record if the G-Sensor is activated?
Yes, and then it will record for 10 seconds which may be better than nothing. Although if you trigger it closing the door then you need to wait until it has stopped recording before turning on the ignition or it will turn off again when the 10 seconds are up!

According to JooVuu's posting on another thread:-

Updated news about 0806.
Mini 0806 will not have parking guard feature or bracket.
But parking guard will be the standard function for later Mini 0807
Parking guard usage is: when there is any person touch or crash the car,dash camera starts to record for several minutes. Mini 0806 menu has the description of parking guard feature,but actually there is no such function.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mini 0806 will not have parking guard feature or bracket."

That's pretty f@#$^d up, given it was promised from the outset as a feature with only the required mount to be released at a later date.

I have stated previously that I really like the 0806, its compact form and arrangement however I am not at all impressed with the promised features in the advertising that vary from impractical to non existence.
Some of these features were what helped me decide to buy in the first place.
The parking guard mount / feature was one of the prime reasons for me buying.

.... could do with a status update from @Rayman.Chan ....

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure how this bracket was meant to work, it seemed at odds with what the hardware was capable of supporting to begin with

I fully agree with gth
And am thoroughly disappointed as Parking Guard & Motion Detection were the 2 primary features that convinced me to go with the 0806.
What a breach of confidence by the manufacturer.
AND BTW
Try asking a question & seeking advice about the issue at the website
Don't hold your breath waiting for a relevant reply however
But all is fixed now
The latest update (May 12 2015) disables the feature I wanted the most.

What would really be excellent is new firmware that allows the user to have a choice of Motion Detect or Parking Guard coming on automatically when ignition power is cut; and instantly returning to full DVR function when ignition power is restored

Hi guys.
we made a lot of debug & tests after built a parking guard mount sample, but the resut is frustrated the function is not stable. we can't modify the bottom level codes of Ambarella SDK so we are waiting Ambarella guys to work this out.
Disable this function is temporarily

Thanks for the clarification Raymond - removing the option from the menu makes sense if it is causing instability. How responsive are the Amba' folks? Is there any point in talking about a timeframe?

I'm also curious: did Joovuu misrepresent/ misunderstand the removal of the feature, or is it back on the Fix Bug list because of user feedback?

Hi guys.
we made a lot of debug & tests after built a parking guard mount sample, but the resut is frustrated the function is not stable. we can't modify the bottom level codes of Ambarella SDK so we are waiting Ambarella guys to work this out.
Disable this function is temporarily
HELLO RAYMAN
Thanks for the reply.
I have a Mini0806 and here is what I want it to do
- Record every minute of my driving
-When parked Record in Moton Detect, or Parking guard (without running off the car battery)
- Switch seamlessly between parked and driving

Can this be done with the 0806?
And if so how?

Note, I do not want the car battery to power the Cam when ignition is off?
I can provide an external 60000MA 5v battery supply

Looking forward to your helpful reply

Edward
-

Oh OK, thanks
Then how would do this "with seams" please?
By this I mean what steps need to be taken to go from
Parked with ignition off recording via Motion Detector trigger ( or Parking guard)​
TO
Recording while driving ?
Thanks
Edward

You would have to manually go through the menu settings each time you stop and start to configure it

You would have to manually go through the menu settings each time you stop and start to configure it
Thanks again
Will any of the Mini models perform seamlessly as I described?
Record every minute of my driving
-When parked Record in Motion Detect, or Parking guard (without running off the car battery)
- Switch seamlessly between parked and driving

Aha!
The camera is mounted high on the windshield and forward of the rear view mirror
This for shade from the sun, stealth, and angle of view reasons.
To work my way through the menu is a nasty, crooked reach at best.
The other choice would be removing the camera from the mount.
(Another convoluted movement)
Neither proposition is user friendly.
Would there happen to be a remote way of going thru the menu settings?
Hardwired would be fine
Perhaps via a wired remote screen( or some other device)?

Back