Does anyone sell the 0806 Parking Guard mount?

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys :p
Not sure if there is a customer service department exist at all...

Is that just for the crime of not talking while he is busy on the next project?

Hello Nigel

Replies below

The mini 0806 still produces some of the best dashcam footage available at a reasonable price.
Agreed!!
The 0806 provides high quality dashcam footage.
Day & night
No question about that; and for that reason mine is still mounted in my windshield.
This despite the fact that it does not (was neveri ntended to?) support all the functions as advertised/marketed

Or for the crime of not achieving perfection in the mini 0806?

Perfection, no
Updates & corrections when things don' t work,YES

If a company & its representatives cannot develop new products and provide responsive customer support simultaneously they are either in over their head or deliberately giving the customer short shrift.
I believe it to be the latter.
But no matter which
If you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time then sit down, shut up, and swallow the gum

Can you think of another company with Customer Support as non-responsive as this, that is still competitive, or even alive in the marketplace?
Same question regarding ethics please

So if we don't send a lynch mob. then we at least need to put a tail on them, and stay informed about every product they (Rayman & associates) touch.
This way when the new product(s) arrive we can read the marketing blurb as if it could be a blatant misrepresentation
And hold off on purchase (on the wholesale & retail level) and other support (investment)until all the facts are in place & a functional customer service network is apparent.

Believe this please!
This has nothing to do with the buck and a quarter spent on the camera
It has everything to do with business ethics & integrity.
Repeat offenders are repeat offenders because they commit the same crime again, and again.
And with their " there's a sucker born every minute" business model fortunes stand to be made.
That is truly inducement to continue the malfeasance.
It is our responsibility as individuals and a community to put an end to such behavior

Please understand I do not begrudge you (or any other retailers)any 0806 inventory you may have in stock.
You purchased these in good faith with your hard earned cash (credit whatever) and the money is already in The Rayman Cheng Gang's coffers.
As agreed above, these are fine camera's for the price despite the efforts of the RMCG to misrepresent their features and provide no customer support
This is about the manufacturer, not the device
There is no reason for you and others not to legitimately make your margin.

How to deal with future production from The Rayman Chang Gang however is problematic.
Specifically, how to keep a camera as fine as the 0806 available without lining the pockets of it's unethical, dishonest manufacturer.
Does anyone else other than the RMC Gang make them?

Thoughts

Edward

Last edited:
Please understand I do not begrudge you (or any other retailers)any 0806 inventory you may have in stock.
You purchased these in good faith with your hard earned cash (credit whatever) and the money is already in The Rayman Cheng Gang's coffers.
As agreed above, these are fine camera's for the price despite the efforts of the RMCG to misrepresent their features and provide no customer support
If it is about the manufacturer then why do you keep naming just one of their employees? Maybe someone else is responsible for marketing and someone else again for after sales support.

You would get a little more support if you made it about the company instead of individuals.

And as for my stock of 0806s, I have never bought a single 0806! I don't sell dashcams of any sort thus don't have any stock. I do have a single 0806 in the front my car which has worked very well since October last year and produces very nice video, haven't even had to format the memory card yet this year, I have no intention of selling it.

Hello Nigel

Thanks for correcting me on your status as a user vs retailer

Accept my apology please if you were feeling unduly put upon

Also realize however there are no bones to pick with retailers.
I believe my post makes it clear that IMO retailers too were duped by the misrepresentation of the 0806 Dash Cam
I lso have little ,if any, doubt that for the mostpart they sold it in good faith
(See Joklin's post today about this in the current thread)

If it is about the manufacturer then why do you keep naming just one of their employees?

I do admire you for jumping to the individual's defense btw
Regarding singling out Rayman Chang as the target however, to me that is understandable and legitimate when
  • -that person sets himself up as (or is assigned the role of ) the product representative.
  • the product rep (& therefor the company) are totally unresponsive to the needs of its clients
  • there is little or no information available regarding identifying the manufacturer or providing a means of making contact (other than thru the representative)
You would get a little more support if you made it about the company instead of individuals.
Agreed!!
Please note 2 things
  • My latest post, the one are replying to, has indeed begun to mention the manufacturer and for lack of a better term refers to it as The Rayman Cheng Gang (RMCG) I have copied my post below & changed the text color (not the content) to red in all such instances to facilitate review If you read it again you will notice that Rayman's name is certainly used, but always in association with the manufacturer. and never singled out as the sole culprit. A welcome change from past practice I admit
  • as soon as it can be verified that MEGTech is the manufacturer represented by Rayman then I will refer to them as opposed to using the current label of RMCG. o far we have one source identifying MEGTech
In the meantime I would still like to learn if anyone else is manufacturing the 0806 and who they are.

Thanks
Edward

HERE IS THE TEXT WITH COLOR CHANGE AS NEEDED
-
Agreed!!
The 0806 provides high quality dashcam footage.
Day & night
No question about that; and for that reason mine is still mounted in my windshield.
This despite the fact that it does not (was neveri ntended to?) support all the functions as advertised/marketed

Or for the crime of not achieving perfection in the mini 0806?

Perfection, no
Updates & corrections when things don' t work,YES

If a company & its representatives cannot develop new products and provide responsive customer support simultaneously they are either in over their head or deliberately giving the customer short shrift.
I believe it to be the latter.
But no matter which
If you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time then sit down, shut up, and swallow the gum

Can you think of another company with Customer Support as non-responsive as this, that is still competitive, or even alive in the marketplace?
Same question regarding ethics please

So if we don't send a lynch mob. then we at least need to put a tail on them, and stay informed about every product they (Rayman & associates) touch.
This way when the new product(s) arrive we can read the marketing blurb as if it could be a blatant misrepresentation
And hold off on purchase (on the wholesale & retail level) and other support (investment)until all the facts are in place & a functional customer service network is apparent.

Believe this please!
This has nothing to do with the buck and a quarter spent on the camera
It has everything to do with business ethics & integrity.
Repeat offenders are repeat offenders because they commit the same crime again, and again.
And with their " there's a sucker born every minute" business model fortunes stand to be made.
That is truly inducement to continue the malfeasance.
It is our responsibility as individuals and a community to put an end to such behavior

How to deal with future production from The Rayman Chang Gang however is problematic.
Specifically, how to keep a camera as fine as the 0806 available without lining the pockets of it's unethical, dishonest manufacturer.
Does anyone else other than the RMC Gang make them?

Thoughts

Edward

Thanks for the link Nigel
No question about it, you are truly well versed in the world of dash cams.
Other things too I expect.

Not my area of expertise but what I see is a manufacturer named Sky High Electronices
Of their many products the link you have provide leads to their
Mini 0806-4
Which is listed as having the following features
  • Chipset: Ambarella A7LA50 OV4689
  • Sensor resolution: 5 megapixels
  • Video parameters: 2,560*1,080P (30fps) 2,304*1,296P (30fps) 1,920*1,080 (45fps) HDR
  • Image boost: HDR
  • Lens: 135 degrees F2.0
  • LCD screen: 1.5"
  • Storage capacity: 256GB
  • Power socket: micro USB
  • GPS route logger: Supported
  • Video out: HDMI AV
  • D-sensor protecting: supported
  • Motion detection: supported
  • Parking guard: constant
  • Up-side-down mounting: supported
  • CPL: supported
  • Other functions: LDWS, FCWS
  • Battery: Li-polymer 3.7V/200mAh
I must admit not knowing what the D-Sensor protection is.
However it has all the features that buyers were mis- led to believe the 0806 would.have i
If all the functions listed are indeed enabled and working properly this would then be a manufacturer that wholesalers & direct buy retailers might consider doing business with.
Their minimum order is a lot of 100, 0806-4. enabling small businesses to work with them it seems
A big part of the yea yea or nay I imagine would be dependent upon further research by the prospective customer , references provided by the manufacturer, and a deep dive into their customer & product support history

I'd also be very interested to learn from our wholesale, retail and other members what their experience with this company is, or has been.
And which retailers are currently handling their products (including of course the 0806-4)

If all panned out this could be a fine /opportunity for those wanting a fully functional 0806-4 and vendors hoping to compete for their business

We can devote future posts to the other side of the coin if it is turns out that Skyhigh Electronics has followed the profitable lead and is also misrepresenting the product

That's what I make of it, and I think that is how I'd approach things if I wanted to enter as an investor in this market niche as well
It's not for me however.

I'm just a consumer interested in keeping product representation and marketing on the up & up

Edward

Last edited:
Their description says parking guard - constant, standard Ambarella function, this is not related to the parking guard mount even though the terminology used is similar

Their description says parking guard - constant, standard Ambarella function, this is not related to the parking guard mount even though the terminology used is similar
Joklin, Joklin, Joklin
I know you are one of the good guys.
The best good guy in fact
Certainly in my experience reading your posts, taking part in a few with you. and coming to appreciate your knowledge and attention to detail.

Essentially you have just said that the translation of the Dash Cam Lingo ( akin to Legalese) above is "no parking guard" on Sky High Electronics 0806-4

However for the non techno wizard (basic consumer or retailer) those words convey that Parking Gard is a Standard Function" and there is no way for the unenlightened to know any better.

Do you not find that disconcerting?

What am I missing here that seems to makes this acceptable?

Edward

Parking guard is a recent term coined by your mate Rayman which has seemed to have stuck on these for some reason, to be honest I kept an open mind but I could never comprehend how he intended for this magic bracket to actually work, to me it was never feasible to begin with given the format and connections to the camera currently available, I could never see it happening on that hardware, gave the benefit of the doubt though in case there was something going on, some new solution that somehow was not shared with everyone else in the industry

Anyway, to the term parking guard which has seemed to have stuck on this model they've added the word constant to the description, constant, in other words on, no magic on off function, just on, just like what's currently possible in all the Ambarella based product, previously it only ever got described as parking mode rather than parking guard, semantics though, same thing

I'm not making any judgment calls but Chinglish descriptions often don't represent what products actually do

Parking guard is a recent term coined by your mate Rayman which has seemed to have stuck on these for some reason, to be honest I kept an open mind but I could never comprehend how he intended for this magic bracket to actually work, to me it was never feasible to begin with given the format and connections to the camera currently available, I could never see it happening on that hardware, gave the benefit of the doubt though in case there was something going on, some new solution that somehow was not shared with everyone else in the industry

Anyway, to the term parking guard which has seemed to have stuck on this model they've added the word constant to the description, constant, in other words on, no magic on off function, just on, just like what's currently possible in all the Ambarella based product, previously it only ever got described as parking mode rather than parking guard, semantics though, same thing

I'm not making any judgment calls but Chinglish descriptions often don't represent what products actually do

Thanks Joklin
Always a reasoned and rational reply from you

But tell me!!
How did you find us out??
Yes Rayman & I go way back
(Ta shir wode lao pungyou!)
In fact all of my negative references to him & MegTECH are part of our public relations conspiracy.
After all, there is NO publicity that is bad publicity

Now, I wonder why Nigel posted the link to Skyhigh Electronics

ok batman, riddle me this, if MEGtech have all this manufacturing and engineering capability why would they host an end user hacked firmware on their product website, it's only increased bitrate, a very simple change for any firmware engineer, why not have an official firmware ;)

ok batman, riddle me this, if MEGtech have all this manufacturing and engineering capability why would they host an end user hacked firmware on their product website, it's only increased bitrate, a very simple change for any firmware engineer, why not have an official firmware ;)

What doesn't MEgTECH have?
Find the answer in red

perception and reality are a lot different

Always!!
and with that dear listeners we conclude today's techno-zen programming.

Please stay tuned for our next episode
Call -ins always welcome!!!

Good night Chet

It is not hosted on their website, they have simply copied a post from this forum onto their website, the download is in the original location!

If it was "only increased bitrate" then it would have little value and things with little value do not get copied.

Back