Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Is battery life shorter when recording at 35Mbps (keeping all other options the same as before)? Would I get at least 1 hour 10 minutes with 1080p 30fps?

Is battery life shorter when recording at 35Mbps (keeping all other options the same as before)? Would I get at least 1 hour 10 minutes with 1080p 30fps?

Theoretically it should be shorter because more data is transfered per second but i dont heard that anybody here found that battery life is dramatically shorter.
So you can be first to test and find it out :)

Yes it is possible in two ways:

- firmware mod - follow the video in first post
- autoexec script - https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec.ash/tree/master/bitrate/1.2.13

thanks. actually I was more interested as to whether it is at all possible to go beyond 35Mbit, because I could find nowhere somebody having done a firmware for 50Mbit...maybe even CBR rather than VBR... (any limitation on the camera? heating problems?)

one more things: in the autoexec scripts, for 1.2.13 on https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec.ash/tree/master/bitrate/1.2.13 I found that there are settings for resolution 2560*1440 at 29.97fps is it possible to set it to 23.976 FPS?

Last edited:
As far as i know 2560x1440 is still 2K and its possible to turn the camera into this resolution.

Possibly with this code:
Code:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x00

As far as i know 2560x1440 is still 2K and its possible to turn the camera into this resolution.

Possibly with this code:
Code:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x00
...sorry but xiaomi not starting with this line!
what do i need for 2560x1440 50mbits on 23L 1.2.13?
I have set bitrate for that resolution with: writew 0xC05C1E52 0x4248
and resolution with your line: writeb 0xC06CC426 0x00
but it is not starting correctly it beeps and blinks all time.
Without your resolution line xiaomi starts correct but with no reaction on bitrate line because the resolution is not set.
Want to test the best video quality setting for xiaomi!

Last edited:
thus far I found that with the highest original resolution as in the latest firmware (2K even if not 2560x1440) if I use 50Mbit I end up having problem (one file, of few seconds, created with bitrate around 70Mbit!!! and then back to files of 30Mbit....). However, with 40Mbit everything run smoothly as with the original 35Mbps posted on the first post. I wonder why....but that is still ok.....

Hope that the next official release of the firmware from Xiaomi will include 2560x1440 as official resolution (@xiaomi: are you monitoring the forum and listening?? ;-) )

thus far I found that with the highest original resolution as in the latest firmware (2K even if not 2560x1440) if I use 50Mbit I end up having problem (one file, of few seconds, created with bitrate around 70Mbit!!! and then back to files of 30Mbit....). However, with 40Mbit everything run smoothly as with the original 35Mbps posted on the first post. I wonder why....but that is still ok.....

Hope that the next official release of the firmware from Xiaomi will include 2560x1440 as official resolution (@xiaomi: are you monitoring the forum and listening?? ;-) )
Can you give me your code for that resolution and bitrate because mine is not working. The camera starts not correctly, maybe a problem with other lines in script. Will test it if i has the sane problem like you. It could be the microsd and i have a very quick one.
Sorry now i see you only testing with 2,3k not 2,5k. I want to test with highest possible resolution and bitrate.
Thanx

How can I set resolution to something not present in the Android app?
For example, I need 720p @ 30fps

Thanks

thanks. actually I was more interested as to whether it is at all possible to go beyond 35Mbit, because I could find nowhere somebody having done a firmware for 50Mbit...maybe even CBR rather than VBR... (any limitation on the camera? heating problems?)

one more things: in the autoexec scripts, for 1.2.13 on https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec.ash/tree/master/bitrate/1.2.13 I found that there are settings for resolution 2560*1440 at 29.97fps is it possible to set it to 23.976 FPS?
In first pages of this thread there was cpurage that push till 50mbps and over the bitrate but after get back to 35 cause seems that higher is more unstable...

I too had inconsistent bitrate and strange file splitting with this firmware on 30fps, so i made one myself(1.2.13 22L - 23L), and now it works great!

1080 and 720, all with 35, 30, 25Mbps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6kdJzQz0nzpY1RJSFFGWGdiSFE/view?usp=sharing

Class of micro sd?

Thanks

I think the app will add the resolution to your options if it is discovered on the camera

Is there a way to get higher resolution (2k or higher) on 22L?

2k from 1.2.12 firmware is already available..

I'm on 1.2.13 but my max res is 1980x1024 (or something like that), using the firmware used in this post, might an SD issue? I have a class 4 right now

Thanks
720x480 30fps 30mbits:

Code:
writew 0xC05C2242 0x41F0
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x15

I too had inconsistent bitrate and strange file splitting with this firmware on 30fps, so i made one myself(1.2.13 22L - 23L), and now it works great!

1080 and 720, all with 35, 30, 25Mbps

Still testing out my cam, keep to see outer bitrates and what heat they kick out.

Just to be sure, S.Fine would be 35Mb, Fine would be 30Mb and Normal would be 25Mb? (up from 18 max on the official?)

I installed the custom firmware on my Z23L and it works great. The only thing that goes wrong, is when I connect the camera to my PC and try to copy my video's and pictures to my Pc. It starts copying and after a few seconds I get an out of memory error and the Z23L freezes. I have to do a battery pull to get it to operate again. So now I have to take out the micro SD card to get the pictures transported to my pc. Are others having simular problems?

Back