Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Thank you for this usefull thread.
sometimes i get 21mbps 24mbps.. and sometimes 35mbps on same resolution, what could be the problem?
i have the Firmware Base : 1.2.13

I don't understand which is the problem, I've done the same procedure as older firmware...

It sure a micro sd class problem, it doesn't write that fast as firmware want to...

Hello guys, I've made this custom firmware based on the original 1.2.13 firmware for Z22L.
I've followed this guide

I've modified the bitrate as per excel file that you can download on the video comments.
1080p50 35/25/20 Mbps
1080p25 25/20/15 Mbps
and so on...

It works great on my Yi.
Try it at your own risk

You can download the firmware here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19721458/YI/a7firmware_Z22L_only.bin

It's quite funny cause in second line of first post in that thread he advice to use an high-speed card... But just to understand do you have bitrate issue with firmware in this thread?
i suppose he recommends high speed card because in high quality bitrate goes to 40Mps but i use it in normal quality so just 35Mbps for me, anyway my micro sd card supports even the 40Mps with his firmware but can't keep it stable with yours.

i suppose he recommends high speed card because in high quality bitrate goes to 40Mps but i use it in normal quality so just 35Mbps for me, anyway my micro sd card supports even the 40Mps with his firmware but can't keep it stable with yours.
I'll check it out, I suppose it's something about last firmware cause before no one say anything about this issue..

I installed the custom firmware from page 1 of the thread, and after recording 4 consecutive clips, the subsequent files are corrupt and unreadable. The clips also get worse in bit-rate each time. This is in 2k mode, with a fast sandisk 64gb card. it's a shame, as this renders the camera unusable for me - one of the things I film are demolitions, and I have to be out of the exclusion zone at least an hour before detonation.

I installed the custom firmware from page 1 of the thread, and after recording 4 consecutive clips, the subsequent files are corrupt and unreadable. The clips also get worse in bit-rate each time. This is in 2k mode, with a fast sandisk 64gb card. it's a shame, as this renders the camera unusable for me - one of the things I film are demolitions, and I have to be out of the exclusion zone at least an hour before detonation.

try this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/very-modified-firmware.12830/
for me is the more stable firmware (base version 1.0.12)

why should the firmware not good?
Many people have downloaded it and no problems, its only changed the bitrate in the table. You can do it by yourself reading the accordingly threads here in forum and the video a few post earlier.
Never had a problem myself on my selfmade firmwares.
Firsttime exclude faults by your own:
test the original if all is working fine.
Installation of FW was correct?
The download was correct?
What scripts do you use?
Your Micro SD is quick enough......?
Going back to 1.0.12 loosing many opportunities of camera and app.

I would like a script for 1600 x 1200 60fps fm 1.2.13 bitrate 35M sn Z221 if anyone has it.

Last edited:
It appears I've answered my own question! This works on mine. Mine has 1.2.13 custom 35Mbps on it.
#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C
#set video resolution to 1600x1200 60fps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C

Video looks great.

why should the firmware not good?
Many people have downloaded it and no problems, its only changed the bitrate in the table. You can do it by yourself reading the accordingly threads here in forum and the video a few post earlier.
Thank you...

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly, man. I would prefer just about 25 mbs rather than 35 because of space, but I can see the difference in quality.

It appears I've answered my own question! This works on mine. Mine has 1.2.13 custom 35Mbps on it.
#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C2092 0x420C
#set video resolution to 1600x1200 60fps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C

Video looks great.
I want to do it 2k 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps 35mbps for 1.2.13 , but in resolution tables there are more than 1 adresses for each resolution. So which one should I choose can you help me?

I want to do it 2k 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps 35mbps for 1.2.13 , but in resolution tables there are more than 1 adresses for each resolution. So which one should I choose can you help me?
...take the first one :)

Firmware in first post already have this customization...

Is it possible to set a bitrate higher than 35Mbps? Is 50Mbps possible?

Back