Who want to review this 2.7" Car DVR

5 reviews from cameras you gave out on your Amazon page already, wouldn't it just be saying the same thing over and over?

No, just need Verified Purchase review. ALL 5 reviews come from the customer ordered in amazon.co.uk.

Nearly. Only for $1 to review it according amazon' rules. I hope reviewers can write more professional testing, and post video/pictures on blog website, forums or other social website. If would, coupon code will be sent.

Nearly. Only for $1 to review it according amazon' rules. I hope reviewers can write more professional testing, and post video/pictures on blog website, forums or other social website. If would, coupon code will be sent.

so you are looking for someone that will do a few hours work to get a free camera because it helps you sell cameras?

Reported as spam.

so you are looking for someone that will do a few hours work to get a free camera because it helps you sell cameras?

Would you expect them to give away cameras in a manner that doesn't help them sell cameras?
:)

(Go to the corner of walk, and don't walk. Look under a big rock on the NE corner. You'll find an unmarked cardboard box, with no identifying markings. Inside this box is a dash cam, with no identifying markings, or any way to determine maker, brand, or source. Please review this cam. Don't attempt to locate, or contact me.)

I'm more worried about the run around to get the 'verified purchase'.

If they even do a few hours work would be surprising

even some of the basic reviews here people spend hours doing them, think about what's happening,

'here's a free camera tell us what you think'

person gets free camera, takes a bunch of photos, supplies some video writes about the features gives feedback etc, if they're lucky they knock that over in a few hours

this then gets turned into marketing material that the supplier of a free camera couldn't possibly put together themselves, it helps drive sales and makes the seller plenty of profit along the way, the free product doesn't come anywhere near the cost of the time spent and the seller laughs all the way to the bank getting all this marketing material for virtually nothing, next time some do gooder complains about work conditions on an Apple assembly line just remember you don't need to be on a production line to get exploited

what value do you put on that free product now?

Would you expect them to give away cameras in a manner that doesn't help them sell cameras?

they've given out 5 free camera already and still haven't found the 'right' reviewer, what does that say?

this is the same as all these Chinese sellers on Amazon, eBay etc, build up a bunch of questionable reviews and feedback just to peddle sub standard goods to people that just look at ratings and think something is good because someone random review says so, we don't normally see these things until after the fact, all of a sudden products that are top sellers on Amazon that nobody has ever heard of before, a few months later the real reviews start coming and it's a different picture, this time you're seeing it at the beginning of the process, here's a new product and it's getting pimped not just for reviews, but better reviews and the double whammy of 'oh yeah we charge them a dollar and that makes it a verified revue on Amazon' give me a break

Amazon are supposedly trying to do something about these John Doe reviews but you can see the sellers know how to work the system anyway

Sorry if I'm having a bit of a vent but some people really get played with this stuff, whether they realise it or not I don't know but it becomes a big part of the problem

The way I read it is they are trying to get a 'ringer' review that will be labeled 'verified purchase', even though the purchaser only paid $1.

I am intrigued with the suction cup mount. So versatile, and unique!

"Included with the camera is an intelligent in-car suction cup "

Wow, at last, somebody to talk to on my long trips.

"The device arrived complete with a suction cup to fix it to the windscreen which was (unusually) connected to a ball and socket joint"

I hope that is patented!!!!!

Do you have interest in reviewing this product?
If you would like an honest review feel free to get a hold of me.
I'm always up for taking a look at things.
It also seems to have the standard T-Style mount so I can turn an intelligent in-car suction cup into a good old 3M dual lock hacky do.
I see the Amazon page does not list processor, CMOS, or bitrate information. Always something you want to add.

I don't mind the work put in too much. If I can get information about a camera out, and I am sure some of my reviews have not helped sell cameras. (Garmin for one based off of the one I looked I would never use a Garmin camera in my car again, and I would advise others to stay away as well)

Last edited:
Believe me, on average, it's half day work.
It works type of reviews will take few minutes but that's not a review.
If it's a decent review, you have to do this at least:
Take video, photos of the product.
Edit, comment, point features etc... upload, post links. This one step takes few hours right there and it's just a start.

Then comes the real thing.
Explain features, settings, mounting options etc...
Compare physically with other dashcams.
Compare videos with others. Again editing videos, watching and listening to make sure there's no audio that you don't want to have like phone calls etc... takes few more hours.
Taking screen shots from interesting points in the videos, explaining them...
Driving around at different times for day vs night etc...
Following up on the thread/review when someone comments or asks questions...
For specific cameras with features like wi-fi, waterproof etc... need to set up to test them.
And the list goes on...

It's fun to start when it's your 1st camera or if you plan on posting one line review otherwise takes a lots of time.
I have reviewed many as it's kinda hobby and few were complete waste of time as the products were of poor quality and so unusable that I can't even give them to friends while few are really nice that I keep in car even when I have multiple dashcams.

Maybe better than asking "who wants free for review" is to setup a giveaway at social sites or contact amazon vine reviewers and don't force to write glowing reviews even if it's bad as others will buy it and if it turns out to be not what the reviews say, you'll have issues dealing with returns as well as they can complain amazon for fake reviews.

Dang this post took more than half hour on my phone and it's not even a review. ;)

Buyers nowadays only buy products with good reviews so new seller/product needs to do what needs to be done to sell products, whether by giving free or coupons or even pay to have reviews.
That's the reality.

Last edited:
The way I read it is they are trying to get a 'ringer' review that will be labeled 'verified purchase', even though the purchaser only paid $1.

I am intrigued with the suction cup mount. So versatile, and unique!

"Included with the camera is an intelligent in-car suction cup "

Wow, at last, somebody to talk to on my long trips.

"The device arrived complete with a suction cup to fix it to the windscreen which was (unusually) connected to a ball and socket joint"

I hope that is patented!!!!!

I guess some reviews make you wonder what product is that for. ;)

my biggest complaint about amazon reviews are when they lump completely unrelated products together to game the star system. "oh look, there's 5000 reviews on this dashcam and it's 4.5 stars average, so i don't really need to read all 5000 reviews"... nevermind that 4950 of those reviews are for Haribo Sugar-free gummy bears. it completely defeats the purpose of having reviews at all when they're allowed to group them like that.

my biggest complaint about amazon reviews are when they lump completely unrelated products together to game the star system. "oh look, there's 5000 reviews on this dashcam and it's 4.5 stars average, so i don't really need to read all 5000 reviews"... nevermind that 4950 of those reviews are for Haribo Sugar-free gummy bears. it completely defeats the purpose of having reviews at all when they're allowed to group them like that.
Hmm... haven't noticed that yet but I don't read all the reviews.

Hmm... haven't noticed that yet but I don't read all the reviews.
i notice it a lot in computer equipment - particularly network gear like routers, APs, switches and even keystone/wall jacks. but have seen it with dashcams too. the way you can tell is there's a small blue line of text above each review that says the review is for such and such product. Just went looking, but couldn't find one to link to as an example. Probably because the reviews were so scattered that i didn't buy those products and kept looking instead. to me, it's just a lame way to artificially inflate the reviews for a product, to make it look like lots have been sold and reviewed, and very frustrating when you want detailed info on a specific product. like i want info on the router model a123, not router model b456 - they don't have similar options so functionality will of course differ too. it would be like if someone lumped the reviews for the G1W under the Mini0806 listing. yes, they're both dashcams, but that's where the similarity ends.

have you noticed the other trick where they list dashcams in the minidisc player category, a bunch of glowing 'reviews' and all of a sudden it's the number one seller in the category but people don't take note of what the actual category is just that it's a top seller, minidisc being a dead category is easy to appear up the top

i actually had some MD equipment... it was like a CD inside a floppy disk "case", only smaller. and the sliding flap locked shut.

once again sony came out with great tech (a'la BetaMax) and lost out to the competition. then again, sony should have seen the writing on the wall - the MD itself used MP3 compression. of course, nobody could have predicted how cheap flash memory would get, nor how well services like itunes would do.

Last edited:
Back