SJCAM SJ5000x Sony IMX078 Limited Edition Project Tentatively Scrapped?

Yes, i know but that was before when was still relatively new here. We all learn.

it's pointless to say anything is problem free, never happens, even more so when it has just been released, no matter how hard you try you can't possibly find all the issues before end users get the product and start using them

it's pointless to say anything is problem free, never happens, even more so when it has just been released, no matter how hard you try you can't possibly find all the issues before end users get the product and start using them
Indeed. Lesson learned. Cheers

well, leaving complaints and references to the quality control of its products, I think here you can order some improvements to the mayorria of casoso, nor hear us, but hey, there are.
first :
I would like a firware that includes occion to modify the fisheye effect (many new cameras and bring it and are cheaper) for the 5000+, the M10 + and of course, for all that allows the chip .
second :
occiones to use the white balance and video exposure (at least to me the only 5000+ for me works photo exposure mode ...... do not know if I will continue with the Chinese ...)
third:
please check the products and control the quality of completion and functioning before sending anywhere, then many hassles and long lost.
They are ideas that I think would come .... very very well.
Cheers

The SJ5000x Elite v1.1 is now shipping out normally.

Submit your order now as supplies are extremely limited.

Hello, can someone post any 12Mpix still photos taken by this model? I wonder how good it is in practice.

Hello, can someone post any 12Mpix still photos taken by this model? I wonder how good it is in practice.

I think we should be seeing raw still photos soon.

Sj5000x elite v1.2.1 firmware coming out…. not a bunch of added functionality but it should solve several pressing issues. Stay tuned to our blog as we will be uploading firmware download link and changelog soon.

Thanks!

i just received mine, updated to the latest firmware, took a preliminary video, and it looked terrible. i don't know if it was the lighting or what but my smartphone could for sure take a clearer video. there was not a still frame that looked clear with it... i don't understand. maybe i should try the 1080p instead of the 2k. im gonna get an m10+ as well, see how that was. i was actually pretty happy with my sj4000+

@kyoo the M10+ is the same camera like the 4000+, same hardware and almost same firmware. The 5000X limited was also built on the same hardware platform but it had a larger screen and it lack's firmware support as it's already discontinued.

@kyoo the M10+ is the same camera like the 4000+, same hardware and almost same firmware. The 5000X limited was also built on the same hardware platform but it had a larger screen and it lack's firmware support as it's already discontinued.
are you sure about that? my latest firmware update (v1.2.5) was from middle of last month.

^ my video looks like the one on the left... everything is blurry, unfocused, capturing no detail at all... it's just plain terrible... any ideas anyone?

are you sure about that? my latest firmware update (v1.2.5) was from middle of last month.

^ my video looks like the one on the left... everything is blurry, unfocused, capturing no detail at all... it's just plain terrible... any ideas anyone?
Latest version for the 5000 Limited was 1.3 published on 10.10.2015. On SJCAMHD.com at the 5000 series firmware section there are only the following models: 5000 Basic, 5000 WiFi, 5000+ and the 5000X Elite, there is no Limited anymore. It would be very easy to do a major update to the 5000X limited by SJCam as the firmware is almost identical with the M10+ and the 4000+, it needs some tweaking for the LCD driver.

ok sorry - I'm posting in th wrong forum - I have the sj5000x elite

Latest version for the 5000 Limited was 1.3 published on 10.10.2015. On SJCAMHD.com at the 5000 series firmware section there are only the following models: 5000 Basic, 5000 WiFi, 5000+ and the 5000X Elite, there is no Limited anymore. It would be very easy to do a major update to the 5000X limited by SJCam as the firmware is almost identical with the M10+ and the 4000+, it needs some tweaking for the LCD driver.
There is a new SJCAM SJ5000x v1.3 firmware: The new SJ5000x v1.3 firmware adds a ton of new features. Check out change log here: http://goo.gl/uoRmOj

There is a new SJCAM SJ5000x v1.3 firmware: The new SJ5000x v1.3 firmware adds a ton of new features. Check out change log here: http://goo.gl/uoRmOj

I just downloaded it. I hope to test it out today on my vlog. One thing I can say off the bat for the high bitrate function, I'd prefer numbers instead of just "high, medium or low" or at least some indication of what the bitrate are. I'm going to do high bitrate, with HDR. Might even do it on the main channel.

-Nate

I just downloaded it. I hope to test it out today on my vlog. One thing I can say off the bat for the high bitrate function, I'd prefer numbers instead of just "high, medium or low" or at least some indication of what the bitrate are. I'm going to do high bitrate, with HDR. Might even do it on the main channel.

-Nate
Well noted. We will have to figure out what these bitrates are and see if we can add it. the bitrates would change for different resolutions is probably why it was done in levels. As always, Looking forward to your footage :)

Back