XYC: Xiaomi Yi Configurator

We need someone who makes an app for that. I think it wouldn't be that hard :)

I have followed the exact instructions from the post from Alex.
I see 31.9 MbRAW files but none of the edition or converters can recongnize it.
They report unsupported or corrupted format.

I also tried using the Raw2DNG app on MAC.
Below is the output from it

raw2dng converter GUI for OsX
Beta ver.0.13

YDXJ0434 File Supported
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

Generating ProResHQ 4444 with FPS:
*.dng: No such file or directory
ffmpeg version 1.2.1-tessus Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on May 9 2013 21:58:14 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.1.00)
configuration: --prefix=/Users/tessus/data/ext/ffmpeg/sw --as=yasm --extra-version=tessus --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-postproc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libspeex --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libxavs --enable-version3 --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvpx --enable-libgsm --enable-libopus --enable-fontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libass --enable-filters --enable-runtime-cpudetect
libavutil 52. 18.100 / 52. 18.100
libavcodec 54. 92.100 / 54. 92.100
libavformat 54. 63.104 / 54. 63.104
libavdevice 54. 3.103 / 54. 3.103
libavfilter 3. 42.103 / 3. 42.103
libswscale 2. 2.100 / 2. 2.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 2.100 / 52. 2.100
[image2pipe demuxer @ 0x10280fa00] Could not parse framerate: .
pipe:0: Invalid argument
Done

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions as a new yi user. I've successfully installed the alex-version of the script and changed settings through telnet om my phone, including higher bitrate of video.

What happens if I change resolution settings in the Yi app, will the bitrate still remain if I change back to 1080/60 at 35 mbit which is my setting in xyc?

By the way, any recommended NR and sharpness setting? :)

Thank's for developing this!

I have a couple of questions as a new yi user. I've successfully installed the alex-version of the script and changed settings through telnet om my phone, including higher bitrate of video.

What happens if I change resolution settings in the Yi app, will the bitrate still remain if I change back to 1080/60 at 35 mbit which is my setting in xyc?

By the way, any recommended NR and sharpness setting? :)

Thank's for developing this!

like an answer to this as well

My question would be, that i see you added yi movie, which is a set of res+bitrate+nr and sharpness tweak, so if we activate yi movie mode we are not advised to adjust those settings from the script?

My question would be, that i see you added yi movie, which is a set of res+bitrate+nr and sharpness tweak, so if we activate yi movie mode we are not advised to adjust those settings from the script?
please, i would like to get an answer to this as well,

I can´t open the script... I write /tmp/fuse_d/xyc.sh and always get " line 4: sintax error : unexpected newline".

With the old version of ml72 had no problem....

I can´t open the script... I write /tmp/fuse_d/xyc.sh and always get " line 4: sintax error : unexpected newline".

With the old version of ml72 had no problem....

Guess that you downloaded from GitHub by Save As...
Download by ZIP button on the right, syntax error here means xyc.sh file is wrong, if it continues open your xyc.sh file that you upload to camera with notepad and compare with one from GitHub ZIP version

I'm a huge fan of HDR time lapse. It would be great to have three exposures, then the delay.

Guess that you downloaded from GitHub by Save As...
Download by ZIP button on the right, syntax error here means xyc.sh file is wrong, if it continues open your xyc.sh file that you upload to camera with notepad and compare with one from GitHub ZIP version

THANKS it worked.

But I can´t find the option to create/run timelapse that was present in old configurator... it has been deleted?

Hi @AlexZ,
I'm having issue on reboot, every time i reboot from the telnet/ssh the cam just hangup and wont continue rebooting.
I need to remove the battery and restart the cam, though all setting is save.

Thanks,
tobi

I haven't gotten my Yi yet, please let me know, can I custom set the timelapse interval to really long settings? like 1 snap every 300s ?

Just went through the link, but it's not conclusive.

Another question. On option "run once only" ... n = multi. Does that mean it will keep on going continuously? (that is my goal, very long timelapse that takes months to finish)

Last edited:
i lile your app. can you add the superview feature please?
#Superview Stretch
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
writel 0xC05C2D7C 0x04380780

First of all thank you for the contributions to this configurator. I've managed to load it to my 22L 1.2.13 firmware. When I use the HDR effect setting, I noticed that after I set the HDR setting, saved & back then restarted the Yi camera, the camera went back on and straightaway took all six photos without me pressing on shutter button. After it finished took the photos, I tried to manually take photos again by pressing shutter button on camera, only one dark photo was taken that was at the fastest shutter speed. Is this normal and how it supposed to work? Or I've missed something in the configurations. Please advice. Thank you!

i cant even get connected with telnet client on either android or ios device, maybe som screeenshots on filenames and exactly how to connect would be a good idea?

Ok, got everything working finaly.

Regarding hdr capture, how do I trigger it after i set everything up in the configurator?

Im having a problem when activating 4GB files, the script generated is there but files keep cutting at around 200mb with some seconds lost in between. Also in the first video generated the bitrate is what I've configured (ex. 35mbps) but in the rest of the files generated that bitrate is lost. What could be wrong? I've already used 4gb files using scripts before xyc so I don't think my card is the problem

Back