GitUp Git2- Compatible Accessories-Firmware-Apps-Editing Software-etc

chip

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it might be nice to have a separate thread for compatible accessories for the Gitup Git2. Can keep the post up to date with items that have been tested and known to work with the Git2.

Battery
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $3.61
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $15.99
1100mAh Rechargeable Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charge - $15.99 ***I own this pack with 3 batteries and they seem to hold a good charge.

Blog News
Gitup blog News

Cases
SHINEDA® GridCase - for GoPro 3 - $15.99
Large Carry Travel Storage Shockproof Protective Bag Case f GoPro HERO 2 3 3+ 4 -$10.99

Chargers

Original SJCAM CD-DX06 Battery Charger - $4.14

Firmware Updates
Gitup2 Firmware

Gitup App/control
Android -Finalcam, Fusion Next,FN Cam
IOS - Finalcam, Fusion Next,

RF Wrist Remote Control - $29.90

Kits
LifeLimit HD Camera's Outdoor Sports Kit - $29.99 *** I own this and have used a few of the parts.

Lenses
Gitup 90 degree fov

Memory Cards(Transcend, Samsung class 10 micr SD card, 32GB or 64GB card)
Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Card
32gb Samsung Evo Class 10 U1
Samsung EVO+ 128GB 80MB/s microSDXC Memory Card

Microphone
1.9M Mini USB Microphone - $5.66
External microphone for Git1/Git2 - $19.90
BOYA BY-LM20 Lavalier Microphone - $22.75

Mounts
Suction Cup / Bike Mount
Stainless Steel Tether Lanyard

Online Stores
aliexpress
amazon
banggood
Gearbest

Reviews
Youtube Videos
Techtronics900
Pevly

Video Editing Software
GoPro Studio
Windows Movie Maker
MP4Cam2AVI
MKVToolNix
free way to defish videos (and photos) from Git2
Openshot
Avidemux
solveigmm

Video Playback Software
VLC Media Player
MPC-HC

How to Videos
Getting Started Guide for GoPro Studio.

Last edited:
Banggood sells it too if I'm not mistaken.

I have used a generic waterproof case meant for a gopro 3 on my git1. Fit is perfect and all 3 buttons also work. I only had to peel and re-stick the foam on the inside of the back door so it didn't cover the screen. Should also fit git2 since it uses the same outer chassis and buttons.

There are two apps for Android and ios that work with git1 and 2. FinalCam is the one gitup recommends till their app comes out. Another is fusion next. Search the forum here for it.

@chip, nice post, thank you very much.

If you're in the UK I've just picked up two batteries (sj4000 type) and dual charger works with original battery, (hadn't Noticed they were 1100mAh)
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013QPPOYC/

Anyone recommend a case with space for some batteries/accessories

Anyone recommend a case with space for some batteries/accessories

I"m using this case. I don't use the precut foam insert, but instead i use the padded velcro dividers. i love the elastic loops and pockets for storing cables/batteries/clips.

my only complaint about it is that when it arrived, it smelled like cigarette smoke inside. that went away after a week or so though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00QC354U0

If you use the SJ 1100mAh battery in the git2, does that mean it can last longer than the standard gitup ones? I'm very surprised SJ batteries work!

I thought it might be nice to have a separate thread for compatible accessories for the Gitup Git2. Can keep the post up to date with items that have been tested and known to work with the Git2.

Battery
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $3.61
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $15.99
1100mAh Rechargeable Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charge - $15.99

The dual battery charger I got with my git2 has "sj4000" in its model name. This isn't the one I got but it looks identical. It has mini USB on one side and micro USB on the other, so it works with whatever cable you already have.
2PCS-SJ-4000-SJ4000-Battery-3-7V-900mAh-Lithium-rechargeable-battery-With-Dual-Charger-For-SJCAM.jpg_640x640.jpg

Maybe he just meant the charger is compatible, but not the actual 1100mAh batteries?
Charger is OK, but not sure the real capacity, I ever saw some battery even declared as 16000mAh, but also can only last 90min in 1080P 60fps mode.

Charger is OK, but not sure the real capacity, I ever saw some battery even declared as 16000mAh, but also can only last 90min in 1080P 60fps mode.
Xcsource batteries get mixed reviews on Amazon. I would like to have longer run time on the git2, but it sounds risky. Too bad there's not an extended battery accessory! [emoji16]

Xcsource batteries get mixed reviews on Amazon. I would like to have longer run time on the git2, but it sounds risky. Too bad there's not an extended battery accessory! [emoji16]
USB power bank? Not as convenient of course but it's possible. Rules out using a waterproof case of course but if that's not a problem, then your options are unlimited.

I read something that said GitUp batteries were only 730mah? Are they being mis-labelled?

I read something that said GitUp batteries were only 730mah? Are they being mis-labelled?
I have replied you in the new thread.

Hey guys i got the pro package from gearbest today. was just wondering is the skeleton back comes with the kit and if not, where can i get it from? thanks

Hey guys i got the pro package from gearbest today. was just wondering is the skeleton back comes with the kit and if not, where can i get it from? thanks
Which skeleton back case you mention?

AHDKH-301_main4.jpg

this one with the holes in the back

No but you can use a skeleton case for a gopro 3/4 just fine. You just have to peel, cut, then reapply the foam on the inside of the back door so it doesn't cover the screen.

Thanks for this list of accessory really appreciated! I bought some items from this list. Was useful!

Back