Don't ! Buy a 0826

Wide screen 2560 x 1080

Thank you turning that woeful radio track off. ;)

Hehehehe , thats what you get when you drive with the windows open ....
+ Who does not like the Leningrad Cowboys (?)
Cant all be Rap_Crap .... :)
Perhaps some classical music (?)

Some music to Melow_out_2

FHD @ 45FPS + Static Audio ...

FHD @ 45FPS + Static Audio ...
Can't read license plate of any oncoming vehicle on mini but clearly readable in Ausdom.
Looks like your mini has some OOF issue on the right corner.

mini0826vsAusdom.jpg

not just his... just have a look at the numbers of disgruntled users of all o8xx cams...
Seems to me, that no one manufacturer ever taken control of quality in design and production, so the outcome is as is- as good few samples as many (majority) absolute duds for one or the other reason.
each 08xx is Schroedingers cat :D

Just waiting for some one to show everyone how to disassemble the 0826 ...
Not tempted just yet ...
I do like the GPS though , not as much lag as some other cams ...
Though the out of focus thing Bites , but I would be prepared to DIY , if I could do so without killing the cam ...

Quality is fine on mine? I do find reading plates of cars passing in the opposite direction is usually not possible due to speed but generally everything looks very good?

0826 Image Example.jpg

Quality is fine on mine? I do find reading plates of cars passing in the opposite direction is usually not possible due to speed but generally everything looks very good?
Seems to be OK, but you are missing the point of "mini 08xx" being so many "manufacturers" and even the better makers are such hit and miss for build quality....
Sensible consumer should agree with OP and look at alternatives ;)
my $0.02ct

At issue here is not whether the 0826 Can be good , its a QC ( Quality Control ) issue ..
The mini series has been plagued with issues for a long time , and the newer cams were supposedly a fresh start .. But apparently not !
If the manufacturer (s) are not prepared to improve QC , then its going to be more of a lottery , than anything else ..
And in a lottery , some people win , and a lot of people lose ...
And most people dont belong to forums , or provide product feedback for other people .
So maybe 6 months or a year from now we may have the big picture for the 0826 ...
And what about the 0807 (?)

And Im still waiting on a pictorial guide to disassemble the 0826 , id like to avoid killing mine , but I would like to correct the focus issue ..

I would like to see all cams made so that re-focusing could be bush league ...

12 months of development and being held back while it was being sorted, I'd say that's a good thing

But only if they lift their game in Production ( QC ) ...
Its no good developing something if the production line lacks QC , because then issues will be built into it , rather than designed into it ..
And for the consumer ( whats the difference ) , designed to give problems or built to give problems .. A problem is a problem ... And if it affects the product and its reputation , its bad ju-ju !

QC processes are something that evolve over time, who you work for often has the most influence on how much you improve

QC processes are something that evolve over time, who you work for often has the most influence on how much you improve
Um Yeah !
I have worked in places where they actively resisted QC improvements , and actually threatened to fire me if I did not cease and desist my attempts to improve QC ... ( Car Manufacturer )
Same with OH&S , some people are just crazy ( But we already knew that - hence we have cams in our cars ) .

The thing is , is the company actively per-suing QC improvement , or simply wishing that problems would go away (?)
It is easy to blame things on an earlier version of a product , but when latter versions show up exhibiting the exact same issue (s) . One has to look a little closer to home .
One has to start wondering what is going on , and how is it that similar / or the same issue (s) crops up over so many versions of a product .

The simple and undeniable fact that bad cams get out the door , tells me ( in anyway ) . That the final test to make sure the cam is ok , is either seriously flawed , or quite possibly non existent .
Im not asking for 100% , that's not possible , but I do have to wonder what is in place if anything to weed out faulty product (?) Especially when the same problems re-occur over so many generations .
1+1 = 2 Not 3 or 4 or 5 .... I think the Mini series could be brilliant , but it wont happen while they ship out faulty product .
And having to possibly buy 2 or 3 Cams to get a good one (?) Hmmmmm . ( Really )
My 0805 had a Flaky GPS ( it worked , it didn't work , it froze , it un froze , it was all over the place ) Video quality was nice though ..
The 0826 is my second , so far the GPS is OK , but I have ( ?? ) Poor video quality ( Out of focus ? ) + PAL NTSC issue ( PAL quality is on par with MJPEG )
So for me that's 100% Faulty Mini series cams so far .. ( Seriously , that's the rep this manufacturer is seeking ? )

So if Im being critical , perhaps a little unkind , it's only because they have worked hard to earn it !

Wide screen 2560 x 1080
1) It can't be 2560 x 1080. It must be 2356 x 1296.
2) You may ask the retailer to exchange your 0826. The quality of your is worse than normal. Thank to you. I will check every product before I sell to my customer. But I think nothing is perfect, maybe you just got badluck: one in thousan. We will have to consider the ratio of faulty products in 0826.
3) Confirm: The audio in 0826 is weaker than in 0805 and 0806.

1) It can't be 2560 x 1080. It must be 2356 x 1296.
2) You may ask the retailer to exchange your 0826. The quality of your is worse than normal. Thank to you. I will check every product before I sell to my customer. But I think nothing is perfect, maybe you just got badluck: one in thousan. We will have to consider the ratio of faulty products in 0826.
3) Confirm: The audio in 0826 is weaker than in 0805 and 0806.

RE 1)

286slyb.jpg

Well, here's a little update on my situation regarding the Mini 08xx series and it looks like there could be quite a lot of QC issues. I currently have the following, all with the latest firmware and I've tested all my micro SD cards with a Kingston USB 3 Card Reader and they are all genuine and return the expected speeds. Only the CRV camera is about a year old, the rest were all purchased in December 2015.

1. Mini 0805 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card in my 2008 CRV. When it powers off to protect the battery it often won't start recording when it powers back up. You usually have to press record manually to get it going again.

2. Mini 0826 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 64GB Class 10 card in my 2015 BMW. It never switches off, probably because of the large capacity AGM car battery and never has a card read problem, however, it has locked up twice and I've had to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to perform a reset. I used to have it powered via the second cigarette adapter socket under the glove box and I would sometimes have issues with it reading the card when powering up.

3. Five Mini 0826 and Five Mini 0805 installed in HGV trucks using the Nextbase Hardwire kit into fuses which only provide power when the trucks are started up. Having constant problems with many of them not reading the cards either on startup or simply stopping recording in the middle of a journey. Tried both types of micro SD cards.

4. Two Mini 0805 cameras not even installed. I used the supplied USB cable into my computer to setup them up first and one wouldn't even power up at all and the other just showed a white screen which slowly fades to black. I plugged the latter one in via the supplied cigarette adapter cable and it started smoking.

The most reliable one seems to be the one in my 330, then there are one or two in the HGV's which seem to be ok but the rest are completely unreliable and with a dashcam that makes them 100% redundant. I'm in diagloue with the seller (same retailer for all except the CRV one) and the first response was the cards being fake - but they are all tested and fine. Not really getting much else from them to be honest other than a bit of denial that they could be faulty - but I know myself that the Mini 08xx series have a history of not liking micro SD cards.

My next step is to switch all the fuses to ones which are constantly powered. The HGV batteries are big so I shouldn't need a battery protect. Hopefully this will eliminate the startup card reading problems. It's a real shame because for the money the quality and features of these cameras are great, especially having speed stamps, driver no. stamps etc.

I just bought an ION dashcam (not the wireless one) and I have to say that although it's a little bigger it feels so much more solid and well built. The case, buttons, screen - everything! Zero problems using any of the micro-SD cards so again this rules out the cards being the problem. I don't need to worry about it being bigger as it's for HGVs and it's also a sticky mount which I prefer over suction cups. The only down side is that it doesn't seem to have a driver's stamp or speed stamp, but no big deal really.

I think my days with the Mini 08xx are coming to an end, they just aren't reliable enough which is an absolute critical feature of a dash cam!

Well, here's a little update on my situation regarding the Mini 08xx series and it looks like there could be quite a lot of QC issues. I currently have the following, all with the latest firmware and I've tested all my micro SD cards with a Kingston USB 3 Card Reader and they are all genuine and return the expected speeds. Only the CRV camera is about a year old, the rest were all purchased in December 2015.

1. Mini 0805 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card in my 2008 CRV. When it powers off to protect the battery it often won't start recording when it powers back up. You usually have to press record manually to get it going again.

2. Mini 0826 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 64GB Class 10 card in my 2015 BMW. It never switches off, probably because of the large capacity AGM car battery and never has a card read problem, however, it has locked up twice and I've had to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to perform a reset. I used to have it powered via the second cigarette adapter socket under the glove box and I would sometimes have issues with it reading the card when powering up.

3. Five Mini 0826 and Five Mini 0805 installed in HGV trucks using the Nextbase Hardwire kit into fuses which only provide power when the trucks are started up. Having constant problems with many of them not reading the cards either on startup or simply stopping recording in the middle of a journey. Tried both types of micro SD cards.

4. Two Mini 0805 cameras not even installed. I used the supplied USB cable into my computer to setup them up first and one wouldn't even power up at all and the other just showed a white screen which slowly fades to black. I plugged the latter one in via the supplied cigarette adapter cable and it started smoking.

The most reliable one seems to be the one in my 330, then there are one or two in the HGV's which seem to be ok but the rest are completely unreliable and with a dashcam that makes them 100% redundant. I'm in diagloue with the seller (same retailer for all except the CRV one) and the first response was the cards being fake - but they are all tested and fine. Not really getting much else from them to be honest other than a bit of denial that they could be faulty - but I know myself that the Mini 08xx series have a history of not liking micro SD cards.

My next step is to switch all the fuses to ones which are constantly powered. The HGV batteries are big so I shouldn't need a battery protect. Hopefully this will eliminate the startup card reading problems. It's a real shame because for the money the quality and features of these cameras are great, especially having speed stamps, driver no. stamps etc.

I just bought an ION dashcam (not the wireless one) and I have to say that although it's a little bigger it feels so much more solid and well built. The case, buttons, screen - everything! Zero problems using any of the micro-SD cards so again this rules out the cards being the problem. I don't need to worry about it being bigger as it's for HGVs and it's also a sticky mount which I prefer over suction cups. The only down side is that it doesn't seem to have a driver's stamp or speed stamp, but no big deal really.

I think my days with the Mini 08xx are coming to an end, they just aren't reliable enough which is an absolute critical feature of a dash cam!
- Do not use microSD 64Gb. It'll be fine if you simple use 32Gb ones.
- in 3) and 4): I think you are not the driver who drive these trucks. Have you ever think about these drivers don't want to install the dashcam on the truck which they drive ? So they simple turned it off or they tried to turn them to brick. And when you looked back, it seem like: the dashcam didn't work well.

That's strange ! because when I upload 2560x 1080p vid into youtube, I only recieved vid 1080p, never have 1440p. :)

???????????????????????????

If you edit and output to 1080 , what do you expect ...
You have to edit and save to 1440 ... ( Video editing )

Back