- Jun 11, 2015
- Reaction score
- Dash Cam
- Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Wide screen 2560 x 1080
Seems to be OK, but you are missing the point of "mini 08xx" being so many "manufacturers" and even the better makers are such hit and miss for build quality....Quality is fine on mine? I do find reading plates of cars passing in the opposite direction is usually not possible due to speed but generally everything looks very good?
But only if they lift their game in Production ( QC ) ...12 months of development and being held back while it was being sorted, I'd say that's a good thing
Um Yeah !QC processes are something that evolve over time, who you work for often has the most influence on how much you improve
1) It can't be 2560 x 1080. It must be 2356 x 1296.
Wide screen 2560 x 1080
RE 1)1) It can't be 2560 x 1080. It must be 2356 x 1296.
2) You may ask the retailer to exchange your 0826. The quality of your is worse than normal. Thank to you. I will check every product before I sell to my customer. But I think nothing is perfect, maybe you just got badluck: one in thousan. We will have to consider the ratio of faulty products in 0826.
3) Confirm: The audio in 0826 is weaker than in 0805 and 0806.
- Do not use microSD 64Gb. It'll be fine if you simple use 32Gb ones.Well, here's a little update on my situation regarding the Mini 08xx series and it looks like there could be quite a lot of QC issues. I currently have the following, all with the latest firmware and I've tested all my micro SD cards with a Kingston USB 3 Card Reader and they are all genuine and return the expected speeds. Only the CRV camera is about a year old, the rest were all purchased in December 2015.
1. Mini 0805 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card in my 2008 CRV. When it powers off to protect the battery it often won't start recording when it powers back up. You usually have to press record manually to get it going again.
2. Mini 0826 hardwired through a Power Magic Pro using add-a-circuits and a Samsung 64GB Class 10 card in my 2015 BMW. It never switches off, probably because of the large capacity AGM car battery and never has a card read problem, however, it has locked up twice and I've had to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to perform a reset. I used to have it powered via the second cigarette adapter socket under the glove box and I would sometimes have issues with it reading the card when powering up.
3. Five Mini 0826 and Five Mini 0805 installed in HGV trucks using the Nextbase Hardwire kit into fuses which only provide power when the trucks are started up. Having constant problems with many of them not reading the cards either on startup or simply stopping recording in the middle of a journey. Tried both types of micro SD cards.
4. Two Mini 0805 cameras not even installed. I used the supplied USB cable into my computer to setup them up first and one wouldn't even power up at all and the other just showed a white screen which slowly fades to black. I plugged the latter one in via the supplied cigarette adapter cable and it started smoking.
The most reliable one seems to be the one in my 330, then there are one or two in the HGV's which seem to be ok but the rest are completely unreliable and with a dashcam that makes them 100% redundant. I'm in diagloue with the seller (same retailer for all except the CRV one) and the first response was the cards being fake - but they are all tested and fine. Not really getting much else from them to be honest other than a bit of denial that they could be faulty - but I know myself that the Mini 08xx series have a history of not liking micro SD cards.
My next step is to switch all the fuses to ones which are constantly powered. The HGV batteries are big so I shouldn't need a battery protect. Hopefully this will eliminate the startup card reading problems. It's a real shame because for the money the quality and features of these cameras are great, especially having speed stamps, driver no. stamps etc.
I just bought an ION dashcam (not the wireless one) and I have to say that although it's a little bigger it feels so much more solid and well built. The case, buttons, screen - everything! Zero problems using any of the micro-SD cards so again this rules out the cards being the problem. I don't need to worry about it being bigger as it's for HGVs and it's also a sticky mount which I prefer over suction cups. The only down side is that it doesn't seem to have a driver's stamp or speed stamp, but no big deal really.
I think my days with the Mini 08xx are coming to an end, they just aren't reliable enough which is an absolute critical feature of a dash cam!
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|S||Mini 0826 Does not charge the battery.||Mini 0826||8|
|Quality of Video 0826/0805||Mini 0826||8|
|E||Mini 0826 won't keep time||Mini 0826||16|
|Opening the Mini 0826 ( I damaged mine working out how to do it ) So here is the right way||Mini 0826||12|
|J||My 0826 did not like SanDisk card||Mini 0826||2|