Need advice about SD card

Chechako

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everybody,

Could you please advise whether Samsung Pro+ 64GB 95MB SDXC card would be OK for JooVuu X camera?

Thank you!

It should be fine.

Most important is to buy from reputable local seller with good feedback history to avoid getting fake.

I think @kevster has been using a 64GB Samsung in his X without any card problems.

If you haven't yet bought a card and would like an alternate option, I can confirm that 32GB Transcend Premium 300x has been working fine in my X for 3-4 months.
I haven't encountered many card/cam incompatibilities, but I am careful where I buy my memory cards.

Thanks! That's exactly the same reason I an seeking advice. I am not a technical person.

Could you advise how many hours of recording I can get with the Samsung 64 at 1920x1080P 60FPS resolution?

Initially I was considering a 128GB card but it looks like the performance of 64GB cards is far superior. The Samsung reads at speed of 90. Is it a factor when choosing a card for a dash cam?

should be fine,
i only buy from a brick and mortor store like walmart to be sure i don't get a fake or refurbished card. because there are a LOT of fake cards and refurbished cards being sold as brand name and new not only on ebay but amazon to

Thanks! That's exactly the same reason I an seeking advice. I am not a technical person.

Could you advise how many hours of recording I can get with the Samsung 64 at 1920x1080P 60FPS resolution?

Initially I was considering a 128GB card but it looks like the performance of 64GB cards is far superior. The Samsung reads at speed of 90. Is it a factor when choosing a card for a dash cam?

I think the price of 128GB cards is a bit high and the best balance between size and price is 32GB-64GB. If you're removing a card from any cam and it flies out of the spring-loaded slot, never to be seen again (it happens occasionally) 128GB is a lot of money to lose!

As for amount of recording time: I haven't used the 1080p 60fps setting enough to be able to comment on file size because I mostly use my X on 2560 x 1080p and I expect about three hours from 32GB or six hours from 64GB.
The X recording 2560 x 1080p uses 1.5 x more memory space than an average cam on 1920 x 1080p.

Thanks! Apparently it is enough time for whatever you need. Initially I was going to use as a dash cam only but now I want to use for other purposes too.

I am going to buy it from Bestbuy. It should be fine. I do not think they carry refurbished or sell them without proper warning.

I'm sure the Samsung EVO 64GB class 10 and 32GB Class 6 cards I bought from Amazon were dodgy. I bought 25 in total and they all had constant issues in the dashcams despite tests showing the correct read and write speeds. Not necessarily fake but perhaps made under licence to a lesser standard. It shouldn't but unfortunately it has put me off Samsung cards even from bricks and mortar shops.

Bought a PNY card from PC World and it's been perfect. But as I need 128GB Micro SD it's hard to find locally but MyMemory has been recommended so I've tried them and cards should arrive soon.

I'm sure the Samsung EVO 64GB class 10 and 32GB Class 6 cards I bought from Amazon were dodgy. I bought 25 in total and they all had constant issues in the dashcams despite tests showing the correct read and write speeds. Not necessarily fake but perhaps made under licence to a lesser standard. It shouldn't but unfortunately it has put me off Samsung cards even from bricks and mortar shops.

Bought a PNY card from PC World and it's been perfect. But as I need 128GB Micro SD it's hard to find locally but MyMemory has been recommended so I've tried them and cards should arrive soon.
Been using these in a pair of SG9665GC's (V1 and V2) for a couple weeks now with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W77C1W4

I haven't seen that specification published anywhere - but PNY has a 'lifetime' warranty with no exclusions for dash cam use. :)

https://www.pny.com/File Library/Support/PNY Products/Warranties/Flash Memory Cards/Micro-SD-Warranty-Class10.pdf

can't even buy them here as no agent but I tested PNY previously as we know the Taiwan distributor and was really impressed with the cards, not sure what controller chipset they use but they were noticeably faster to open and access from the PC

I haven't seen that specification published anywhere - but PNY has a 'lifetime' warranty with no exclusions for dash cam use. :)

https://www.pny.com/File Library/Support/PNY Products/Warranties/Flash Memory Cards/Micro-SD-Warranty-Class10.pdf

yeah I think 'lifetime' needs to be highlighted, note that they define lifetime as the sales lifetime of that product

(Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product).

yeah I think 'lifetime' needs to be highlighted, note that they define lifetime as the sales lifetime of that product

(Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product).
Agree - which is why I 'quoted' it.

But since I can get 19 hours of video before it starts looping it should last a loooong time. Even if it's only good for 500 write cycles (the low end of various numbers I've seen bandied about) that's 395 days of 24/7 recording. More than adequate for my needs.

that's a good deal for that card, I agree that even the lifespan it should offer is more than acceptable at that price point, that's very good value based on current pricing

Agree - which is why I 'quoted' it.

But since I can get 19 hours of video before it starts looping it should last a loooong time. Even if it's only good for 500 write cycles (the low end of various numbers I've seen bandied about) that's 395 days of 24/7 recording. More than adequate for my needs.

I do support your idea. If for 35$ ( 128gb ) I will get 1y from it, - I would be happy with this purchase ( if only we would had such a fairy-tell prices here in crazy expensive EU )

animals-fly-flying-insects-bugs-pests-ggm080112_low.jpg

Last time I bought a fridge from Currys they said they only expect them to last about 3-5 years. Couldn't believe it! My parents old TV was the same age as me 15 years ago!

Back