Mini0807 Main Features

Don't think the ODB2 is used for data, just power for the Park Monitor/Guard, either way unless it has a really low draw don't leave parked for long.

Yes it is. I can read check engine codes, tranny temps, fuel trims, speed, rpms, fuel/air ratios, oil temps, o2 sensor readings, and a hundred other readings off my OBD2 port.

Don't think the ODB2 is used for data, just power for the Park Monitor/Guard, either way unless it has a really low draw don't leave parked for long.
mini 0807 OBD2 cable just used for power supply only. No other functionality available on that cable.

Ok, I thought you meant the port itself.

mini 0807 OBD2 cable just used for power supply only. No other functionality available on that cable.

Hi Chris, OBD2 cable not only used for power supply, but also support for Parking Guard function. without this OBD2 cable, Parking Guard function can't be used. :)

I'm assuming that if I don't want to use the OBD2 cable, I'm able to get a hardwire kit to hardwire this camera? Should be the same sort of hardwire kit as any of the other Mini 080x cameras?

Also, apart from lack of Wifi and the addition of the OBD2 cable, the specs of this camera look pretty much identical to the Mini 0903. Are there any other big differences that I've missed? Is there a comparison between these 2 cameras anywhere? I'm tossing up between these 2 at the moment...

I'm assuming that if I don't want to use the OBD2 cable, I'm able to get a hardwire kit to hardwire this camera? Should be the same sort of hardwire kit as any of the other Mini 080x cameras?

Also, apart from lack of Wifi and the addition of the OBD2 cable, the specs of this camera look pretty much identical to the Mini 0903. Are there any other big differences that I've missed? Is there a comparison between these 2 cameras anywhere? I'm tossing up between these 2 at the moment...

Hi Fook, Yes, user can use hardwire kit for Mini0807, but Mini0807 will not have parking guard function without OBD2 cable.
Mini0807 use Ambarella A7LA50 and Sony sensor, more information you can check joy's description in the first page of this topic.

Hi Bella, thanks for the reply. I believe the 0903 also uses a Sony sensor, although processor is different (Novatec). No idea which processor is supposed to be better..?

With the OBD2 cable, if all it is used for is power, what is the difference if using a hardwire kit if I can get a power plug to suit? I've noticed that normal power uses the mini USB and the OBD2 cable uses a small 1.5mm plug or something? Does the OBD2 have things like low voltage cut off etc?

Also, in one other recent thread someone mentioned that the 0807 has ongoing GPS issues, is this fixed yet?

Thanks!

This was a post from April 30:

Hi to all, I am a new member to this forum.
On the 30th April I purchased a mini 0807 from eBay and was expecting delivery any day soon. I was informed today after it was marked to have already been shipped that the mini 0807 still has problems with it's GPS. Please can jokiin confirm if this is so and if so will there be a long delay or should I askfor a refund?​

This was a post from April 30:

Hi to all, I am a new member to this forum.
On the 30th April I purchased a mini 0807 from eBay and was expecting delivery any day soon. I was informed today after it was marked to have already been shipped that the mini 0807 still has problems with it's GPS. Please can jokiin confirm if this is so and if so will there be a long delay or should I askfor a refund?​
Only your seller can tell you when your 0807 is likely to actually arrive.

However the 0807's are now production ready and will be shipping from the factory within days.

Hi Chris, that post wasn't by me, I have not ordered anything yet. The reason I quoted it was about the apparent ongoing GPS issues with the 0807?

Hi Chris, that post wasn't by me, I have not ordered anything yet. The reason I quoted it was about the apparent ongoing GPS issues with the 0807?
oh.sorry..makes more sense now...new 0807's should be in users hands shortly so hopefully we''ll all get more feedback on if the reported issues have been resolved.

if someone ordered April 30th it wouldn't have been a production version, if you want to buy one you'd do better to spend the bit extra it costs and buy locally from @Chris Hunt to make sure you actually get a production version and not a pre release sample that some of these China sellers have, you'll also get real warranty support by buying locally, you may even help keep someone in a job

oh.sorry..makes more sense now...new 0807's should be in users hands shortly so hopefully we''ll all get more feedback on if the reported issues have been resolved.

Cool stuff, I look forward to hearing an update on this :)

if someone ordered April 30th it wouldn't have been a production version, if you want to buy one you'd do better to spend the bit extra it costs and buy locally from @Chris Hunt to make sure you actually get a production version and not a pre release sample that some of these China sellers have, you'll also get real warranty support by buying locally, you may even help keep someone in a job

Yup will definitely look at all my options when buying. Buying locally will certainly be my preference for all the reasons you listed. Still considering either the Street Guardian, the Mini 0807 or the Mini NanoQ...

Hi Bella, thanks for the reply. I believe the 0903 also uses a Sony sensor, although processor is different (Novatec). No idea which processor is supposed to be better..?

With the OBD2 cable, if all it is used for is power, what is the difference if using a hardwire kit if I can get a power plug to suit? I've noticed that normal power uses the mini USB and the OBD2 cable uses a small 1.5mm plug or something? Does the OBD2 have things like low voltage cut off etc?

Also, in one other recent thread someone mentioned that the 0807 has ongoing GPS issues, is this fixed yet?

Thanks!

Hi Fook, the OBD2 cable of Mini0807 have low voltage cut off function, Mini0807 not has ongoing GPS issue now.

Does anybody have an idea how long will the mini0807 will be released to the general public...........ie are the issues sorted out yet?

Dozens of 0807 on Ebay. The biggest question is are they early samples or just released?

Back