GitUp Git2- Compatible Accessories-Firmware-Apps-Editing Software-etc

it's really hard to buy genuine memory in China, majority is fake
I have appreciated your various info about compact memory!
Don't world-wide memory manufacturers build their products in China?

Has anyone found a lens protector for the Git2? It looks like you can get push fit clear lens protectors for Gopro 3 and 4 but I'm not sure if these will fit on the Git2. I just want a clear filter that will protect the camera lens when it's not in the waterproof case.
The Hero lens O.D. is the same as Git 2. I just bought an adapter sold as for Gopro Hero 3+4, in black aluminum with a 58 mm UV filter and a cap. If need be I will did up the reference!(EBay)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have appreciated your various info about compact memory!
Don't world-wide memory manufacturers build their products in China?

most have factories in Taiwan, buying genuine memory in China is not easy, we used to supply the cameras with cards directly but it became too hard to get consistent supply of real memory so we leave it out and pack it locally now

most have factories in Taiwan, buying genuine memory in China is not easy, we used to supply the cameras with cards directly but it became too hard to get consistent supply of real memory so we leave it out and pack it locally now
Good customer relations action!

Jokiin has said that there are Chinese suppliers who will place any manufacturer's label on a micro SD card so buying from a reputable seller is necessary.

I found a trust worthy seller of Kingston on Aliexpress. If someone wants the store name just pm me.
About the LD-brand, i bought them aswell from Aliexpress. Official LD store. DONT buy that crap..
The kingston memory cards have been running in cars running 3 shift almost 24/7 without any problem!

I just uploaded this review of this action camera accessory set with a very nice carrying case. The bulk of the video was shot with my Git2, you can really tell the difference from my Fuji point and shoot that I used for the intro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 3M adhesive mount with suction mount is available for sale, nice for using GitUp as dashcam.
I have one of them :)

The adhesive mount is perfect for dashcam use if you don't need a suction cup. It's about as compact and vibration resistant as is possible for a ball joint with horizontally and vertical angle adjustment and on my car leaves just enough room for a 52mm CPL. Also has a proper locking ring so that it never works loose.

Suction cup is nicely made too - has held my Git1 for several months. Much prefer an adhesive mount though, gives less vibration but can only be used in 1 car.

Hi all,
I'm looking for a "underwater dome" . Does anyone have a suggestion? The ones for gopro are suitable for our git2?
Thank you.

I read that some were having trouble finding replacement lens caps, so I decided to make one. Here's how I did it with things I had at home....

I read that some were having trouble finding replacement lens caps, so I decided to make one. Here's how I did it with things I had at home....

After making this video I decided to modify the cap to make it look better and neater and it now has a very snug and secure fit. Check out the photos. It's just gorilla tape wrapped around and then cut at the top and folded over.
30500d7564ecf78c4219870460218d1c.jpg
2541855a8f43358662fc40383f7f3191.jpg
a0dae4e1d311350c86195f084637eba1.jpg
15f19ee454862518ae23992eee9d3108.jpg

Looks nice but I wouldn't want duct tape or gaffer's tape anywhere near my optics. In the Texas heat the glue will ooze out and probably get on the lens... And that's a mess I don't want to try cleaning. I'll stick with just the hot glue and cloth if I ever lose my oem lens caps

That's a good point that I didn't consider. I will definitely keep an eye on that. It's very hot here in California, but I probably wouldn't use this cap outside. I do have a xiaomi yi push on filter/lens cap that I need to make fit somehow.

Looks nice but I wouldn't want duct tape or gaffer's tape anywhere near my optics. In the Texas heat the glue will ooze out and probably get on the lens... And that's a mess I don't want to try cleaning. I'll stick with just the hot glue and cloth if I ever lose my oem lens caps

Gave some more thought to your point and decided to go another safer way until the weather cools off at least. I have a bunch of Xiaomi Yi accessories for a cam that I got scammed on eBay and will never receive. I have a 47mm UV filter with lens cap. I decided to wrap the git2 lens barrel with Teflon plumbers tape which has no adhesive and it gave me a very snug fit, and it looks good too.
Tested for vignetting and it works with no issue. You can shoot directly at the sun and it's not totally blown out.
51aada00f4ee3e9f07309627e093686d.jpg
d7d96791bbdc304d331b3d504d98f546.jpg
c1770eada8a3d55ce02415a95e2b8445.jpg

Last edited:
0% Vignetting??

If so, nice diameter to start with.
After closer inspection I can't say 0% I think the top of the frame may be a little soft. I am not an expert nor am I so picky as to let it bother me. Check out 2 frame grabs. 1080p 30, wide fov all default settings with gyro on....

Attachments

• uv fil1.PNG
    uv fil1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • uv fil2.PNG
    uv fil2.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 28
Thanks for the samples ;)

I believe that to test this, the frame shoud be filled with just one clear color to notice the vignetting more easily. And of course, avoid entirely the sun on the frame.

Have you seen any image degradation usign the filter? (detail)

I am a total noob to all this, so I will do further testing. I plan to take some real world footage in places outside of my driveway.lol I will reply back with hopefully some better test images in a few days. Thanks

Hello guys !

I am pretty new in action cameras... I bought git2 and I am very satisfied with ! Got it for mabe 3 weeks and have a few gigs of videos. Now I would like to make some short movies in video editor. Which software you can recommend me to strat with ? I need programm for begginer (never edit video ever) and also with good future support.

One more question... Its good to set the cammera settings before I will shoot video, or I can leave all auto and make changes in editor after ?

Many thanks !

Can anyone speak to the quality of the official Gitup accessories and mounts? I just ordered a Git2 partly thanks to this forum and am looking to pick up head strap, chest harness, floating handle and some others. How do the official ones compare to GoPro's or the cheap generic ones? Any recommendations are welcome.

Last edited:
I'm not much into editing, but i always recommend Premiere Pro because it can also be used as basic editor. The other one is Sony Vegas.

You can record in Auto and if the results aren't good for you, you can set the options manually prior to recording, but you probably will need some ND filters to avoid overexposure, because not every shutter speed is available yet.

@omegamoto Ok thanks for tips, I think Premiere Elements will be better ? Because ist one time puschare, instead of monthly fee for Premiere Pro... also I will take a look on Vegas and Corel studio.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the official Gitup accessories and mounts? I just ordered a Git2 partly thanks to this forum and am looking to pick up head strap, chest harness, floating handle and some others. How do the official one compare to GoPro's or the cheap generic ones? Any recommendations are welcome.

@JustinH Hello, I ordered from aliexpress GoPro accessories, they are compatible with GitUp. I have Chest strap, Head strap, Monopod, floating handle and others.. all for a bunch of $ and quality is good. Hardened plasitc, like original GoPro... Dont worry and order from China.

Thanks for the samples ;)

I believe that to test this, the frame shoud be filled with just one clear color to notice the vignetting more easily. And of course, avoid entirely the sun on the frame.

Have you seen any image degradation usign the filter? (detail)

I took some footage at a beach at sunset the weekend. I think the footage looks great, and no visible vignetting that I can detect. I'll post a screen grab later.

Back