GitUp Git2- Compatible Accessories-Firmware-Apps-Editing Software-etc

I took some footage at a beach at sunset the weekend. I think the footage looks great, and no visible vignetting that I can detect. I'll post a screen grab later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is screen grab, I think the colors are pretty decent and there is no vignetting that I can see. This is with a cheap uv filter from eBay.
c383c7fdf584c6803b6363763407fcea.png

I have this case. You can view the pics and url of aliexpress in message number 65 in this topic

BTW... I actually haven't even used this skeleton housing yet, but received it months ago. The only thing I've done is put my git2 inside it a few times to test the latch mechanism. A couple weeks ago, I was going to use it, but noticed the front button just popped off! I can't seem to find the pin or whatever it is that holds this button in place. What a piece of crap! On the hunt for a better skeleton housing now :mad:

I'd use the included frame mount, but the connection seems a bit flimsy. I'm assuming those fancy aluminum skeleton housings are much heavier? I may bite the bullet and just buy an official Gopro skeleton housing, but my inner cheapskate keeps getting in the way, lol.

Here is a review I just completed for an action camera dog harness. The on board footage was with my git2 and the external footage was with my Fuji xp70.

BTW... I actually haven't even used this skeleton housing yet, but received it months ago. The only thing I've done is put my git2 inside it a few times to test the latch mechanism. A couple weeks ago, I was going to use it, but noticed the front button just popped off! I can't seem to find the pin or whatever it is that holds this button in place. What a piece of crap! On the hunt for a better skeleton housing now :mad:

I'd use the included frame mount, but the connection seems a bit flimsy. I'm assuming those fancy aluminum skeleton housings are much heavier? I may bite the bullet and just buy an official Gopro skeleton housing, but my inner cheapskate keeps getting in the way, lol.
As we know, most of cheap skeleton housing quality is not good, that's why we didn't sell it.

Last edited:
My latest product review is not your typical selfie stick,this thing is awesome. The git2 is on the monopod and was used to film my example footage. I hope you enjoy.

So I figured out a way today to repurpose an old Nintendo Wii steering wheel accessory. What I made was a 2 handed stabilizer grip mount. It can be adapted to work with any small camera or cell phone for smooth video. The Waterproof housing on my Git2 is the Sublime ware blackout housing available on Amazon.
6ea27f7c4ee4c91f7abd9e687293c1b0.jpg
2bfe29f5e55297aef05996b45ea524c5.jpg
bd3abc0b9922b6eaf7d4362d24b5eec4.jpg
cb7cc6a5b7c3c9372da09ef7ca741995.jpg
b2c21eb8ccd6fe52ad4f56613187b55c.jpg

So I figured out a way today to repurpose an old Nintendo Wii steering wheel accessory. What I made was a 2 handed stabilizer grip mount. It can be adapted to work with any small camera or cell phone for smooth video.
Zhiyun Rider-M looks better :)

So I figured out a way today to repurpose an old Nintendo Wii steering wheel accessory. What I made was a 2 handed stabilizer grip mount. It can be adapted to work with any small camera or cell phone for smooth video. The Waterproof housing on my Git2 is the Sublime ware blackout housing available on Amazon.
6ea27f7c4ee4c91f7abd9e687293c1b0.jpg
2bfe29f5e55297aef05996b45ea524c5.jpg
bd3abc0b9922b6eaf7d4362d24b5eec4.jpg
cb7cc6a5b7c3c9372da09ef7ca741995.jpg
b2c21eb8ccd6fe52ad4f56613187b55c.jpg

Used this same setup to do some shooting for another product review
(the blackout case).
c4d9ea6360635f15e08ee8e79e103721.jpg

Used this same setup to do some shooting for another product review
(the blackout case).
Bottle with camera mount! Hmm, no need to buy special floating bobber for swimming with camera!
Thanks for idea!
p.s. Wheel is also interesting. Are you have samples with it?

Bottle with camera mount! Hmm, no need to buy special floating bobber for swimming with camera!
Thanks for idea!

The bottle idea came from one I saw for sale, I made ones with smaller soda bottles for in the water. This particular one I use as a sort of tripod because with water inside it's heavy and stable.
I will have a video review of the blackout case soon, we used the wheel to shoot some footage for that, it worked well.

IMG_0274.JPG
Thanks for idea!

This setup is better for in the water as a bobber hand grip.

Last edited:
Any news on the official app yet?
Not yet but it's interesting how normal users from Facebook react on every post on gitup fb official page. 90 procent asking same question again and again like you. More or less everybody is satisfied with cam and fw but app problem remain after more of half year. Who knows maybe Christmas is new deadline :) for official gitup app. In my opinion nothing before gitup3 release and when they released gitup3 maybe app will not be compatible with gitup2. Hope that I'm wrong and telling lies ;)

Last edited:
Git2 gets a shout out in my latest product review video.

My next product review video is a blackout Waterproof housing testing with my Git2. I got a little more creative with this one, check out my 3 camera clip at the end during Waterproof testing. My Nintendo Wii steering wheel grip mount doubles as a floater and makes an appearance towards the end.

Last edited:
Got this from Gearbest for a couple of dollars, for some reason it shipped from the Czech Republic and took 2 months to arrive.
This is one that I would not recommend for the Git2. There are some little teeth in the one side as you can see in the pic, those fit in a groove on the Hero cams. I removed the teeth with a box knife and now the frame does not hold the Git2 very securely. You can push it from the front and the Git will slide about 2/3 of the way out the back.
It's cheap, but I wouldn't waste my money.
71f342f23b27a159534d361fd0cd563f.jpg
e7106914e3ba1699dad36973b8e6b74f.jpg
528687872718b75f72a2241cefd5e701.jpg
6ee55e3b9fce8537c51d8ab5d93c237a.jpg

Back