Datakam Player for Mac

Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 2016 edition Supercapacitor Sony Exmor IMX322 WDR CMOS Sensor

others use the same program with our camera so I'm guessing it's a Mac thing, I'm not familiar enough with Mac to be able to offer any hints on that though, maybe one of the Mac users here will be able to offer some advice

I'm using Datakam Player 2.4 on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.6 and it's working fine. Not sure why it wouldn't be working on someone's Mac, but it's probably not the program that's the cause of the problem.

Yeah, the GC should work fine with Datakam Player on the Mac.

I could only think of it being some type of permissions issue or another program clashing perhaps, I really don't know enough about the Mac OS to be able to offer any ideas of what to look at but know there are users out there that have it working fine

I could only think of it being some type of permissions issue or another program clashing perhaps, I really don't know enough about the Mac OS to be able to offer any ideas of what to look at but know there are users out there that have it working fine

El Capitan doesn't really have repairable permissions in quite the same way that older versions of OSX had but it's possible and might be worth a try. In El Capitan permissions are verified and repaired through the command line though. http://osxdaily.com/2015/11/04/verify-repair-permissions-mac-os-x/

Last edited:
I just upgraded to Sierra (10.12), and Datakam Player shows the videos fine. GPS doesn't work, but it never has.

Greetings. Is the source code for Registrator or DataKam available anywhere? We'd like to make a few improvements and would be willing to share the modified code back to everyone. A couple of ideas that we think would be helpful (to us anyway!) would be to provide a way to capture the GPS coordinates of a frame to the clipboard so that it can be pasted into another software such as a database. Also, we'd like to have a 2x fast-forward. We find 4x is a bit too fast when you are collecting data.

@jokiin I think you wrote somewhere that is some version of RV which have a bigger size, maybe @Mike_From_Maine can look at it?

enjoy,
Mtz

@jokiin I think you wrote somewhere that is some version of RV which have a bigger size, maybe @Mike_From_Maine can look at it?

enjoy,
Mtz

there's a development build, it's still locked down but whether it gives any further clues or not is hard to say (I'm no programmer) but Vadim was pretty good at keeping people out of his code

Very unfortunate that he was killed in an accident. He was obviously a very talented programmer.

Our issue is that we need to collect the location of various features we see in the videos. When we review it, we stop it when we see a feature of interest. for example a sign. We then enter the information about the sign into a database along with the coordinates. For now we have to read the coordinates off the video and re-enter them into the database which can be subject to error. It is certain that he is reading the GPS data since he displays the coordinates in the hint on the progress bar when you hover over it, but we found no way to capture those coords onto the clipboard. Does anyone know of a program that does do this? Also, it would be nice to be able to have two viewers synched up so that we can view the forward looking camera and the rearward looking camera at the same time, showing the same location.

Уважаемый автор подскажите в чем может быть проблема, файлы видео отображаются нормально а вот расположение на карте ни как не работает. Регистратор inspector-samum.

Уважаемый автор подскажите в чем может быть проблема, файлы видео отображаются нормально а вот расположение на карте ни как не работает. Регистратор inspector-samum.

what model camera do you have?

Will there be an update to extract data from the GoPro Hero 5 Black at some stage? Or is there an alternative to extract and export the GPS data to a GPX format?

Back