This is very interesting: my G1W-H formatted a card in exFAT!

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
In the beginning of October, when I used my G1W-H to film some footage for this thread, I used the 64GB Transcend card that I had been using in the SG9665XS, which was formatted with FAT32. I didn't want to use the 128GB Transcend because I wasn't sure if the G1W-H's firmware supported such a large card. In fact, I wasn't sure if it even supported the 64GB card! I formatted it again in the G1W-H before using it, did the recording and put it aside, as I was now using the 128GB in the XS.
Today I needed to use the 64GB card again and what's my surprise when I saw the card's file system was exFAT! I left everything in the card after the video shooting (folders and files), as you can see in the screen grab below. You can check the folder structure and the date, in case you're thinking I'm making this up. :D

G1W-H exFAT.png

I only did two under 1 min recordings but it makes you wonder if the camera would work normally and record without any problems on a daily basis with a 64GB card formatted with exFAT.

from what I have seen the cameras that are using Novatek chipset that don't have the ability to format large cards FAT32 that still use exFAT have had issues with recycling, may or may not work but how reliably it could recycle would be something to try

I would but I don't use the G1W-H anymore. :oops:

Back