Panorama2 died

dashy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well today was the last day it seems for my panorama2, lost power, no flashing lights, etc.
I've had it for more than 1.5 years, working nearly all day for 5/7 days a week.

My Panorama2 died too, symptoms as you have. I removed RTC battery, but Panorama not work. Does anyone know what else to check?

Last edited:
Good evening. I Panorama has been working for three years with no problems. Total MS621FE changed the battery and cable. Flex need 30 pin 0.5 pitch. I bought a 40-pin and cut to 30. Change the line can it be a reason. I often make out and it burst, clearly invisible. On brokenness loop, too, was dead. I changed the trail and he revived. Try. Wish you luck. (Поменяйте шлейф - 30 пин 0,5 шаг.)

Last edited:
I am over 2 years on my Panoramas with the original Transcend cards. They still work but it seems that the capacitors are failing and my last file at shutdown is usually corrupted. I can live with it for now. Considering replacing the caps. Has this been done around here? I am going to look...great cameras though.

I am over 2 years on my Panoramas with the original Transcend cards. They still work but it seems that the capacitors are failing and my last file at shutdown is usually corrupted. I can live with it for now. Considering replacing the caps. Has this been done around here? I am going to look...great cameras though.

Supercaps can be de-soldered and replaced for the new one if you know basic soldering techniques.

You can buy them from eBay.

X2 Supercaps.JPG

Do anybody have a schematic diagram- power circuit?

Last edited:
Thanks! Are there two? Is that link to the correct one for panorama IIs?

Panorama 2 uses same supercaps. You need only one set ( 2pcs taped together ).

Ah, my cameras are like new again! No more corrupt last file. Thanks again for the info and link!

The other day I pulled the power cable from my device while power was still supplied. When I plugged it back in the camera no longer worked. It turns on and the Panorama screen shows then it all goes blank. Is this what is called "bricked"? And, will the above procedure fix it? Its been a great camera and I hate to trash it.

Eject both memory cards and try to power on again, see what is shows.

did that and tried another card, no effect

I am afraid then its bricked. Unplug rear camera as well just in case to check this variation. And check if both fuses (ACC and BAT connections) are OK.

all fuses are ok, it appears that the camera is now trash????

Try to update the firmware. Maybe the process starts before the full boot. With firmware the only file on the card, hold menu then hit and release power button then let go of menu after a few seconds. Just maybe it can start the update. Worth a shot.

Newbie here - pardon the resurrection of an old thread. My Panorama IIS, bought Aug 2014 from the RoadCam store on Newegg, appears to be doing the dirt nap. I’d really like to see if it can be fixed. It may be a museum piece now, but it did what I needed it to do when it was working. Have been scouring the related DashCamTalk forums with no real success and a lot of the embedded links that might have led to good info, including firmware, are dead/broken/404 (no surprise). It can’t keep accurate time worth a damn like so many others reported but ultimately I don’t care about that.

Essentially, it gives no indication that it is getting or using power. Unable to get it to display any lights and the screen remains totally blank. All buttons do nothing. I checked the fuse in the OEM cig lighter cable that came with the camera, it appears fine. I opened the case, capacitors appear to have no swelling and no leakage.

I saw in another thread about “moving” the MS621FE “watch” battery (I presume this is CMOS) and then moving it back, which fixed that poster’s problem. I lifted mine a short distance from the PCB and then pushed it back down. Had no effect. I can’t replace it as I have no soldering capability to remove the old one or put in a new one. Willing to take it to a phone repair shop to do that, and/or replace caps, no problem. Would appreciate links to where I can buy exact battery/caps if that’s something to try.

Am still using the same Transcend 32GB Class 10 45MB/sec SDHC card (chosen to avoid SanDisk) that I’ve been using since Day One. I copied some of the more recent video files onto my desktop; they play fine.

I have never tried to update firmware and presume trying that now would be fruitless since it has “no power” (likely wouldn’t read from the SD card). There’s another post in this thread that was a suggestion to “remove both memory cards”; mine only accepts one. It has never been hard-wired. I don’t have a GPS kit.

Any suggestions appreciated !!

Resized_20230928_101917.jpeg

On the + side, the new stuff just blow a old camera like that out of the water, even if it have just been baby steps in the past 10 years, then things have moved on significantly

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
No1up II / S 20
No1up II / S 14
K II / S 37
Tommy II / S 1155
Back