Extra Power Cable?

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Does anyone know where i can order just an extra power cable with the car lead on it for the TF2? I just got my second car back, and i would like to keep a cable in each vehicle so that i can keep the cable hidden in both and not have to move it back and forth.

Would any USB Mini B to car lead work? I'm not to concerned about auto start when the ignition comes on because i always check it before i pull out of being parked up, but i defiantly do not want to damage my camera.

You could email vicovation and ask them... they reply really quickly and are very helpful...

Would any USB Mini B to car lead work? I'm not to concerned about auto start when the ignition comes on because i always check it before i pull out of being parked up, but i defiantly do not want to damage my camera.

The specs for the VicoTF2 call for 5v @ 1 amp so any USB mini cable and charger should work. I'm using a dual usb charger with mini B from eBay plugged into the cigarette lighter socket, one socket for the dashcam the second, higher 2 amp one for the cell phone running GPS. I also ordered 3 metre long USB cables from eBay to route and hide the wire. So I'm not using the power supply that came with the camera at all. On one car the cigarette lighter socket is switched with the ignition, on the other, the socket is powered all the time and I remember to pull out the charger when stopped. The VicoTF2 looks like a nice camera, nice specs.

The specs for the VicoTF2 call for 5v @ 1 amp so any USB mini cable and charger should work. I'm using a dual usb charger with mini B from eBay plugged into the cigarette lighter socket.
My phone takes a USB Mini B so i have a few cables laying around. I don't get in to just about any car without a camera at one point my Vico was getting bounced around about 6 cars between myself and different family members on a decent basis and i wanted to leave the original cable hidden in what i drive most myself because i leave it in all night in case something happens to my car.
Thanks JazJon and fieldofview

The VicoTF2 looks like a nice camera, nice specs.
I love my Vico. Gets a little warm, but not hot even when i leave it in all day with the windows up video looks great day and night. I can flip the image and install it on top of my T-Top if i want while i am parked. I might jump to the WF1 in the future I like the idea of being able to log in from my phone and see what the camera sees at night if i hear something out by my car, but waiting to see how updates come along and what other users here think first. Looking forward to all your thoughts on it JazJon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Themistocles472 TF2+ 4
L TF2+ 3
Back