oem fit mercdes stealth alibaba

pimpmyc250

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

has anybody tried one of the new OEM fit cameras, just seen them on alibaba , but nowhere else !

The specs seem reasonable with a NT96655 chipset, im interested in purchasing one in black, for a mercedes w204 , c class mercedes benz, as it sits under the rainsensor, so will be very stealthy and hard wired into the ODB plug, or i can tap, a feed in the overhead console. i see some of the manufacturers also make them for mb, audi, bmw , landrover, cadillac, porsche etc but never seen them for sale in the UK

is there somewhere i can purchase a single unit as the Min order quality is five or ten units? i have checked banggood, deal extreme etc but nothing listedor does a manufacturer have representation on this forum

the link is here ( hope i havent broken any forum rules by posting)
http://key-module.en.alibaba.com/pr...DVR_170_wide_angle_with_OBD2_power_cable.html

any ideas as to how to get one, would be shipping to the United Kingdom

thanks

D

the plastics are public tooling (any factory can buy them) and then there's a few different PCB options for them from a couple of different suppliers, they mostly sell in the Chinese domestic market at this stage

I have looked at a similar model in my Subaru. A Universal one that connects to the battery and not OBD II
Uniway SV06. Seems to be near the same spec. (SVo6 mentions NT96658/Sony Cmos) I have mine rigged to a Cig lead for testing and it loose the date and time because it is not wired into my car. The bitrate is about 13MB

EDIT Amazon UK has some of the Uniway ones here

Last edited:
I have looked at a similar model in my Subaru. A Universal one that connects to the battery and not OBD II
Uniway SV06. Seems to be near the same spec. (SVo6 mentions NT96658/Sony Cmos) I have mine rigged to a Cig lead for testing and it loose the date and time because it is not wired into my car. The bitrate is about 13MB

that's one of the generic platforms for these, we're doing a higher spec version for these now but probably about two months before they'll be ready

we're doing a higher spec version for these now but probably about two months before they'll be ready
Always upping the bar. Universal or on a car model basis?

Always upping the bar. Universal or on a car model basis?

well the PCB (regardless of chipset) is modular, the size, connectors etc are actually the same design requirements for all of these so we actually only need to make one version of the hardware and it fits all the available housings

well the PCB (regardless of chipset) is modular, the size, connectors etc are actually the same design requirements for all of these so we actually only need to make one version of the hardware and it fits all the available housings
I never thought about that, but it makes sense. I guess it would not be very cost effective if they were all vastly different in anything other then the casing.

I never thought about that, but it makes sense. I guess it would not be very cost effective if they were all vastly different in anything other then the casing.

yeah it was very clever of whoever it was that invested the time and effort to do these initially, kudos to them, the internals in them currently aren't high spec but it will allow us to do a high spec version a lot more cost effectively than would have otherwise been possible

now thats sounds interesting as i have both a mercedes w204 and a volvo xc60 to place cams in, im happy to wait a couple of months :)

I'll post in our section when they get close, we'll be looking for some testers that have suitable vehicles when the time comes

sounds cool! if you need a tester with a new skoda car (should have same housing as VW cars), I'll be definitely interested.. as a hw/sw engineer I should not have problems wiring it or giving you a feedback :)

I tested the 96655/IMX322 version, was still a bit buggy when I checked it, not sure if it has been improved since, they don't use a great lens either

thx for info. I'll be waiting for your version then :)

really hard to find reviews on those cameras as they lack a proper name.

^How about now?

This reminds of me of a period in my childhood when I was probably 7 or 8 and I used to ask my dad "what time is it?" He'd say "10:04". Thirty seconds later I'd ask "how about now". By 10:15 I'd probably asked 20 times. Fortunately I was hung up in this "phase" for only a couple weeks, as I'm told.

Btw, I'm not picking on you. Your question just reminded of that period in my life.

Back