How about a non-stealth dash cam?

CTSVOWNER

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here in the States so many cars have a EZ Pass attached to the windsheild. They are so common that they are overlooked. If someone built a dashcam into the EZ Pass housing it would be overlooked and could be placed in plain view.

Of course you would need to be able to adjust the lens angle due to so many different windshield angles. And just a small power wire.

What are others opinions on this idea?

Dave

Here ya go
image.jpg image.jpg

Yep, plenty of room for a camera

Here's one that may inspire you
image.jpg

Those do not get stolen? Just asking cause I do not know. Do they have some way of deactivating one or something that makes a stolen one useless?

wow, those things are giant, ours aren't much bigger than a matchbox

Everything is bigger in America. ROFL.

My toll pass is the new one that is 1/2 the size of a matchbox and works nation wide.

Those do not get stolen? Just asking cause I do not know. Do they have some way of deactivating one or something that makes a stolen one useless?

We have one for each car and it wouldn't pay to swap them as they can also take video to check.

I got a ticket for not paying through the toll and could prove that it wasn't my vehicle. In fact it wasn't my plate they had misread the Q on his plate as the O on mine.

Yes if its stolen you can ring and they deactivate it.

Our EzPass isn't that big, it's really flat, around the thickness of an iPhone 5S (naked) and a little less than the width of a credit card.

Only needs the outward appearance of the pass to be effective, that said though if you made it look like an EzPass then how would it look when you also need a real EzPass on the window

^^ I guess what you'd want is a camera that fits over or around the smallest version of the ez-pass and makes it look like you've got an older bulkier version from the outside?

Somewhat off topic, but I'm surprised people don't paint/ plastidip ez passes black. I personally don't have one because I see no benefit in it and don't want it on my window, but if I were to it would be painted black immediately. I can't stand the giant white boxes everywhere on windows, especially when people mount them crocked too. They should really just be black in the first place.

Somewhat off topic, but I'm surprised people don't paint/ plastidip ez passes black. I personally don't have one because I see no benefit in it and don't want it on my window, but if I were to it would be painted black immediately. I can't stand the giant white boxes everywhere on windows, especially when people mount them crocked too. They should really just be black in the first place.

Maybe they come in white to keep them cooler in the sun?

Maybe they come in white to keep them cooler in the sun?
Ahhh. That's probably it. I'd still make mine black if I had one, but that makes sense, since their only goal is ensuring the device lasts as long as possible.

Ahhh. That's probably it. I'd still make mine black if I had one, but that makes sense, since their only goal is ensuring the device lasts as long as possible.

If I lived in a place that required using toll booths often I probably wouldn't want a big ugly white box on my windshield either. There is another very good reason I wouldn't want one. Many people are completely unaware that E-ZPass RFID transponders are being used in many places as surveillance tools to track individual vehicles locations and movements in places where there are no toll booths. The E-ZPass transponders are often coupled with police use of license plate readers connected to databases. This is yet another unfortunate example of the encroaching surveillance society we are increasingly living in.

See: "You Are Being Tracked"
See also: E-ZPasses Get Read All Over New York (Not Just At Toll Booths)

Back