Still looking for easy install DASH CAM after 2 yrs

dashcam1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am back on this site after over 2 years and still have NO dash cam in my Camry.

In 2015 after several advises and suggestions and my own research, I bought the
G1W. Can't remember what version but I bought the latest version at the time.

The problem is I have been UNABLE to install this in my camry. Why? Because it requires the cell phone charger to hook up and I can't hide the long cord behind my drawer and wherever they need to go. I asked a local handyman if he could do it and he says he has no idea how to hide the cord and where to hide the cord.

TODAY, I saw this infomercial on trueTV about hdmirrorcam.com.
It looks like it is very easy install with no cord to dangle, to have to hide or to insert in to the cellphone charger slot. it operates on rechargeble battery up to 16 hrs straight and installation is very easy with just putting it on your windshield mirror & priced at $50.

Anyone know about this? If only thing I need to install this and to get it to record is just put it on my existing windshield mirror , I may go for this. Is there any other wireless HD dash cam I can look in to?
Please advice.

Thanks

Last edited:
still needs a power cable run, that aside though, don't waste your money, it's a rubbish product, you have a better camera already

still needs a power cable run, that aside though, don't waste your money, it's a rubbish product, you have a better camera already
says it operates on rechargeable battery and records for 16 hrs and then recharge it again and no cell phone cord required! I saw the infomercial video. You just put it over your existing windshield mirror and that's it. No wires, cords to dangle or to hide.

If you still think it is crap,

what do you suggest? I am looking for decent and budget price easy install dash cam that doesn't require me to go around to find a car machenic shop or some car dealer where they install dash cams and get wasted money installing it.
believe me, i drove around for many hrs in my state at car repair shop, car machanic shops, car music shops and all of them said they don't install dash cams. If they did wonder how much they would charge.

Thanks

says it operates on rechargeable battery and records for 16 hrs and then recharge it again and no cell phone cord required! I saw the infomercial video. YOu just put it over your existing windshield mirror and that's it. No wires, cords to dangle or to hide.

If you still think it is crap,

what do you suggest? I am looking for decent and budget price easy install dash cam that doesn't require me to go around to find a car machenic shop or some car dealer where they install dash cams and get wasted money installing it. believe me, i drove around for 2 hrs at car repair shop, car machanic shops, car music shops and all of them said they don't install dash cams. If they did wonder how much they would charge.

Thanks

says it operates on rechargeable battery and records for 16 hrs and then recharge it again and no cell phone cord required! I saw the infomercial video. YOu just put it over your existing windshield mirror and that's it. No wires, cords to dangle or to hide.

they were talking about how much recording would fit on a memory card, not how long the battery would last, the battery would be good for 10 minutes or so at best

it's very simple to tuck the cables away, the camera you already have is fine

they were talking about how much recording would fit on a memory card, not how long the battery would last, the battery would be good for 10 minutes or so at best

"it's very simple to tuck the cables away," That sentence you said is NOT easy for me. I tried it myself, asked a local handy man who couldn't do it either and the various car machanic shops, car stereo installation places wouldn't do it saying they don't do this and there will be damages if they try to hide or tuck the long cables to get to cell phone charging port. I now don't even know where my GW dash cam is. I found it but the sticker is missing. I am stuck with this machine for over 2 yrs unable to figure out how to install this thing with LONG CABLE so difficult to hide.

Sell your Camry and buy a car in which you can easily install any dashcam.(Joke off course

"it's very simple to tuck the cables away," That sentence you said is NOT easy for me. I tried it myself, asked a local handy man who couldn't do it either and the various car machanic shops, car stereo installation places wouldn't do it saying they don't do this and there will be damages if they try to hide or tuck the long cables to get to cell phone charging port.
Sell your Camry and buy a car in which you can easily install any dashcam.(Joke off course
wish i can afford a new car and that too with built in dash cam.
In future , i am thinking of purchasing a hyundai santafe for us if we can afford at that time but right know we have a 39K mileage old 2007 Camry and has been working completely fine .
I just need a dash cam to protect me and my family but the cables and wires have been headache.

"it's very simple to tuck the cables away," That sentence you said is NOT easy for me. I tried it myself, asked a local handy man who couldn't do it either and the various car machanic shops, car stereo installation places wouldn't do it saying they don't do this and there will be damages if they try to hide or tuck the long cables to get to cell phone charging port. .

appreciate you may not be the DIY type yourself but you must be asking the wrong people for help, for a car stereo installer it would take them 10 minutes at most to run and hide the cable in the majority of cars

no camera runs for any length of time on internal batteries, a Mobius can do close to 2 hours and that would pretty much be the longest run time you'll find, better dashcams don't even have batteries, most that do will give 5 or 10 minutes of run time at best

I think jokiin have a point,I couldnt hide wires myself,maybe,but it is not a such a big deal for some who knows his ways about wires,car stereos,electronics.Try some of advices people like jokiin give you,they knows this things and they help many people in this forum.

wish i can afford a new car and that too with built in dash cam.
In future , i am thinking of purchasing a hyundai santafe for us if we can afford at that time but right know we have a 39K mileage old 2007 Camry and has been working completely fine .
I just need a dash cam to protect me and my family but the cables and wires have been headache.

Have a look in "Youtube" re, "dashcam installation". There's quite a lot of post there to give you some idea what's involved in hard wiring a dashcam to your car. May not have one specifically for a 2007 Camry but idea is very similar to most cars. Good luck.

appreciate you may not be the DIY type yourself but you must be asking the wrong people for help, for a car stereo installer it would take them 10 minutes at most to run and hide the cable in the majority of cars

no camera runs for any length of time on internal batteries, a Mobius can do close to 2 hours and that would pretty much be the longest run time you'll find, better dashcams don't even have batteries, most that do will give 5 or 10 minutes of run time at best
Is there a a dashcam that doesn't require wires to go to the cell phone plug in cord? In otherwise words, " a wireless windshield HD dash cam"? Please tell me where I can buy one.
I thought I found one
https://www.hdmirrorcam.com/ says needs no wires to tuck or hide, easy install without wires and runs on rechargable battery which will record for 16 hrs before you need to charge the battery. It is priced at $50 and doesn't require wires to dangle, having to look for pro's help in hiding the long wires, etc.
Please confirm to me this is as easy as the video says and needs no wires to bring to cellphone charging port.

Last edited:
Such mirror dash camera is very popular in China, mainly distributor by retail store, but I don't like it.

... says needs no wires to tuck or hide, easy install without wires and runs on rechargable battery which will record for 16 hrs before you need to charge the battery....
As @jokiin said, the video does not say that.

Also, what the video DID say is it starts recording when you start the car and stops recording when you turn off the car. In order to do that it HAS to be wired to the car in some manner in order to know when to start or stop recording. Do not believe everything you see in an ad, what they don't say is as important (or more important) than what they do say.

As @jokiin said, the video does not say that.

Also, what the video DID say is it starts recording when you start the car and stops recording when you turn off the car. In order to do that it HAS to be wired to the car in some manner in order to know when to start or stop recording. Do not believe everything you see in an ad, what they don't say is as important (or more important) than what they do say.
I listen to to the video and it says it runs on Rechargeble battery and full battery can record 16 hrs. I think the wire or the charger to go to cellphone charging port is just an option if I don't want wireless recording on battery. I will call to make sure and ask them if this truly is a wireless car dash cam that records on battery. If not, I guess I have to continue to find some place, someone to install the GW I bought 2 yrs ago and hide the long wire for me. I am in Chicago and if any of you are from here, pls let me know, I can come to you for this help.

You have better chances to search and find someone to connect the dashcam you already have and hide wires then this dashcam from this tv advertisinig is gonna last for 16 hours without connecting to any power source in your car.I wouldnt take this dashcam from this clip,even if they gonna give me for free.

Where are you OP? I'm hiring a professional to install my dash cam. Look on Yelp for someone who can do it. Just bite the bullet and spend the money to have someone install it for you (a real car pro, not just a "handyman"). I couldn't imagine holding onto an item for 2 years without actually using it.

Back