Is there anything we can do to the setting to reduce distortion?
Alternatively will using a image/videeo editing software help?

As jokiin says it's better to do it with editing software, here is one of my early tests:
It was done with Magix video editor, although vertical is ok, the horizontal distortion is still visible.

Sj5000 elite dont know where it differ from the SJ5000+
It's like this:

SJ5000+
Panasonic MN34120 16MP Sensor
Ambarella A7LS75 chipset
One of the first cheap action cams to support 1080p@60fps, later it got a 2K upgrade

SJ5000WiFi:
Panasonic MN34110PA 14MP Sensor
Novatek 96655 Chipset
Max: 1080p@30fps

SJ5000 Elite:
Sony IMX078 12 MP Sensor
Novatek 96660 Chipset
Max: 4K interpolated @24fps

SJ M10+
OV4689 4MP Sensor
Novatek 96660 Chipset
Max: 2K@30fps

SJ M20
Sony IMX2016 16 MP Sensor
Novatek 96660 Chipset
Max 4K interpolated @ 24fps

SJ6 Legend
Panasonic MN34120 16MP Sensor
Novatek 96660 Chipset
Max 4K interpolated @ 24fps

I have picked up the Sj6 at the post office and it went strait into my car windscreen for the drive home, the footage seem okay on the top of it with the stock firmware ( updated that when i got home )
I cant say the camera captured any plates, but the weather here is also as bleak it can be in the daytime without things falling from the sky.
I will be going to the jungle tomorrow for some indoor footage under fake sunshine conditions.
image-big.jpg

Have not been at my friends house to borrow selfie pole, he is sick again with flu like stuff for the second time in a month, so i stay well clear.

Its been 3 decades since i had the flu, if i get anything during those epidemics i might get a little runny nose and sore throat, but fever and lying in bed is decades ago.

There is no sun here before next Saturday and Sunday if i am lucky.

I have picked up the Sj6 at the post office and it went strait into my car windscreen for the drive home, the footage seem okay on the top of it with the stock firmware ( updated that when i got home )
I cant say the camera captured any plates, but the weather here is also as bleak it can be in the daytime without things falling from the sky.
I will be going to the jungle tomorrow for some indoor footage under fake sunshine conditions.
image-big.jpg

Have not been at my friends house to borrow selfie pole, he is sick again with flu like stuff for the second time in a month, so i stay well clear.

Its been 3 decades since i had the flu, if i get anything during those epidemics i might get a little runny nose and sore throat, but fever and lying in bed is decades ago.

There is no sun here before next Saturday and Sunday if i am lucky.

Glad to hear it arrived to you safely finally! We are just returning back to the factory so it is just in time :)

Nice pic btw....

Thx its not my picture just one i found online.

Sadly i did not make it there on Saturday, seem like what ever i make of plans these days are ruined by something.
But i have fate and will try again Monday or Tuesday when i have to go to the post office nearby to pick up my new phone.

Thx its not my picture just one i found online.

Sadly i did not make it there on Saturday, seem like what ever i make of plans these days are ruined by something.
But i have fate and will try again Monday or Tuesday when i have to go to the post office nearby to pick up my new phone.
We will be updating firmware next week so please let us know your firmware suggestions / issues :)

We now have a SJ6 google doc for bug reports and feature request. We may also start a private forum here for discussion as well. Please pm me if interested.

A SJ6 thread in the private forum would be good.

A SJ6 thread in the private forum would be good.
Saw you opened the thread. will share google docs features request/report form there. Firmware guy is waiting for requests :)

My unboxing, using the camera, the wifi app, pairing the remote and loads of test clips, motorbiking, mountain biking etc.

My unboxing, using the camera, the wifi app, pairing the remote and loads of test clips, motorbiking, mountain biking etc.

Thanks for sharing! Posted to our FB page :) There is a full in-depth detailed manual which has been updated for v1.4.3 here: SJ6 Manual

Last edited:
Hello Everyone. I bought SJ6 and I did update the firmware 1.4.4 If someone can explain to me the resolutions that works Gyro and what it means in the description of firmware 1.4.3 "Modified Gyroscope Gyro is disabled when FOV is turned on" when there is no option anywhere FOV ON / OFF? For other camera Gyro works only on certain resolutions while the SJ6 at all resolutions available. (Sorry for bad English).

Hello Everyone. I bought SJ6 and I did update the firmware 1.4.4 If someone can explain to me the resolutions that works Gyro and what it means in the description of firmware 1.4.3 "Modified Gyroscope Gyro is disabled when FOV is turned on" when there is no option anywhere FOV ON / OFF? For other camera Gyro works only on certain resolutions while the SJ6 at all resolutions available. (Sorry for bad English).

SJ6 V1.4.5 massive firmware upgrade coming soon. PM me your email for beta download link.

Is there a change log for this update?

RodeoGeorge

Yes, there is. The link above links to the blog with changelog.

Here it is:

SJCAM SJ6 LEGEND V1.4.5 FIRMWARE UPGRADE
SJ6 Legend 4k action camera has yet another major firmware upgrade in version v1.4.5. This latest version improves the image quality, screen responsiveness and operation with app. In addition, v1.4.5 adds Quick Capture for photos and video. There will be many more upgrades coming. Thank you for your patience.

SJCAM SJ6 V1.4.5 Changelog:

1. Fixes once WiFi’s name changed, it no longer includes old MAC address by default.
2. Adjusts time format to the correct number of days in each month.
3. Timestamp is now being shown properly according to the selected Date Format.
4. Touch screen is deactivated when the camera is connected through the HDMI. Can operate camera using buttons.

1.Optimized the IQ image effects

1 Optimized the touch screen response time and sensitivity

1.Added Quick Capture Photo and Video options
2. Added option to turn off the front screen

1. Fixed when time format is adjusted, it is not adjusted in photos

1. Fixes when screen rotate and Gyro are turned on, the app crashes when recording 4K.
2. Separates Rotation, Gyro VGA240 so they don’t interfere with eachother in App and crash camera.
3. Fixes rotation turned on and connects to App to shot picture, camera crashes.
V1.4.4
1.Fixed remote pairing so it stays paired even once SJ6 is re-powered on.
2.Fixed Wifi remote issues
3.Fixed picture locked turned on UI has issues
4.Fixed other remote pairing issues

V1.4.3

1. Fixed camera mode Metering is not saved
2. Modified Gyroscope: Gyro is disabled when FOV is turned on.
3. When in photo mode, Gyro high mode images will not be saved.
4. Dascham Mode Optimized: Power off will be delayed by 10 seconds after being unplugged
5. Removed Non-Italian words under Italian menu
6. Fixed 2K @ 30FPS WDR off, FOV Narrow, fisheye off, anti-shake off = There was a yellow line
7. Optimized video quality while in video mode with Narrow FOV.

1. Optimized the charging icon with the newest battery icon
2. Optimized After turning on the gyroscope, FOV narrow issue arises.
3. When in dashcam mode, Loop recording will be turned on by default, instead of the normal off.
4. Changed Mode button function to be able to adjust camera modes allowing full button operation of SJ6 (helpful when camera is in waterproof case).
5. Video Lock protection added when you press menu button.
6. Add shortcut start stop recording button
7. Optimizes Video Playback: When Video is deleted it will return to playback menu, Fixes playback of audio only and not video. Also, fixes repeat play unit will freeze issue.
1. Add 1080p 50fps, 1080p 25fps options
2. Optimizes Image quality and clarity optimization
3. Modifies OK button hot pixels fix: now need to press for 10 seconds (before it was only 2 seconds so people got confused).
4. Modifies insert external mic, the recording is only recorded from the external MIC.

V1.4.5 Download Link

For support issues, please open a ticket at support.sjcamhd.com or email support@sjcamhd.com.

Follow the SJCAM blog and stay up-to-date on all the latest SJCAM news!

Attachments

• SJ6-V1.4.5.jpg
    SJ6-V1.4.5.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 2
Back