Hi does any one know what the fish symbol on the screen is for & also what does the flashing led for
Thanks in advance Dave

I think with the fish symbol mean the camera is in underwater mode, meaning red colors is amped up a little, at least thats my guess.

Kamkar is right, it's the underwater mode, it make the image more red.

Kamkar is right, it's the underwater mode, it make the image more red.

The fish symbol is on the screen all the tine weather im in dash cam, video or photo mode.

( Green led) I know Red is for charging. Flashing Blue is recording but i cant work out what the Green led is for. It only starts flashing after a few minutes when recording
I only got the sj6 last week so im still geting use to it
Dave

Any chance you could do a side-by-side comparison between the SJ5000+ and the SJ6? I'm curious about the image/vid quality given that they're both using Panasonic sensor.
I think I may be able to do that.

Am still hoping to see a comparison vid between the SJ5000+ and SJ6. :D

It seems to me though SJCam did some tweaking with the colors on the SJ6 basing from the SJ6 videos I've seen.

The 2 cameras as i understand it are more or less the same, only shape is different i think.

I think i have seen a few videos on youtube with one or more SJ cameras in them some times Sj6 and the 5000

Am still hoping to see a comparison vid between the SJ5000+ and SJ6. :D

It seems to me though SJCam did some tweaking with the colors on the SJ6 basing from the SJ6 videos I've seen.

Sadly now impossible, my 5000+ ceased to work, it has overheated so bad that the internal plastic structure melted over the PCB board !

I notice that because SJ6 Legend fish eye lens, image will be distorted (spherical curvature).
So I tried with DISTORTION CORRECTION ON and OFF and compare the results.
With DISTORTION CORRECTION OFF, image will be bigger and nearer and image will be distorted.
With DISTORTION CORRECTION ON, image will be smaller and further away and image will also be distorted quite badly.

Is there anyway to reduce the distortion?

I notice that because SJ6 Legend fish eye lens, image will be distorted (spherical curvature).
So I tried with DISTORTION CORRECTION ON and OFF and compare the results.
With DISTORTION CORRECTION OFF, image will be bigger and nearer and image will be distorted.
With DISTORTION CORRECTION ON, image will be smaller and further away and image will also be distorted quite badly.

Is there anyway to reduce the distortion?
What firmware version do you have ?
The correction is more of a narrow crop than an actually lens correction.

What firmware version do you have ?
The correction is more of a narrow crop than an actually lens correction.

mine is firmware verion 1.2.
I understand there is a later version 1.4.3 but I had problem trying to upgrade to the later version.

Will the later version address the fish eye distortion problem?

From 1.3 the correction is improved. What problems did you have with the upgrade ?

From 1.3 the correction is improved. What problems did you have with the upgrade ?

Well. I tried using SJCAM ZONE to upgrade the SJ6 firmware from version 1.2 to version 1.4.3
For whatever reason, SJ6 firmware remains at version 1.2
Seems like I have to contact SJCAM help desk.

Seem like my SJ6 cleared customs in 30 seconds yesterday, and customs is normally a +48hour deal here.
So it seem like they dident bother collecting on that parcel, so again i must thank the Danish welfare system, when my parcel arrive.

Sadly now impossible, my 5000+ ceased to work, it has overheated so bad that the internal plastic structure melted over the PCB board !

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. Any idea on what could've possibly caused it happen? This is the first time I've heard of something happening like that with an SJCam or any other action cam for that matter.

The 2 cameras as i understand it are more or less the same, only shape is different i think.

I think i have seen a few videos on youtube with one or more SJ cameras in them some times Sj6 and the 5000

Sadly I can't seem to find a direct comparison between the SJ5000+ and the SJ6 though. I've seen comparison vids between the SJ5000+ and other cams or the SJ6 vs. other cams but not both the SJ6 and SJ5000+.

Sj5000 elite dont know where it differ from the SJ5000+

It seem i might remember worng with Sj5000+ and SJ5000x elite, the SJ5000 + do not appera on SJcams own homepage only sj5000 - sj5000wifi and sj5000x elite.

http://sjcamhd.com/shop-sj5000-series/

I just upgraded my SJ6 Legend firmware to version 1.4.3

I tried with DISTORTION CORRECTION ON and OFF and compare the results.

Is there anything we can do to the setting to reduce distortion?
Alternatively will using a image/videeo editing software help?

Back