4K @ 24fps HI** test
NOTE: **HI = horizontal interpolated. The SJ6 shoots video in 2880x2160 and interpolates it to 3840x2160.

SJCam SJ6 vs Yi2 (4k) gyro image stabilization comparison

Those who have experience of both, the action cams and the dash cams, can you suggest which is better for use in the car? I was inclined to get an action cam, but noticed that it weighs way more than dash cam. I guess it is due to the housing. Or can we fit the action cam on wind-shield without the housing?

If action cam can serve as dash cam with all essential features (without the fancy ones), I would choose action cam, but it must be easy to remove from the car (like Vantrue N1) and should weigh less.

Any advice?

Almost all action cameras have features that enable them to work as dash cameras. You can also use them in the car without the waterproof housing and use a suction cup as fixation.

Thanx. I too guessed so, but wanted comments from a user. Have you used action cam as dash cam? I mean, there may be some obscure issues that a user can only know.

My current daily dash cam is an action camera :)

Not sure if the camera is charging, though i think so.
But the SJ6 legend should have a dashcam mode, meaning it should wake up from off with key/power on via USB, and so i would assume it charge the battery too in that situation.
http://sjcamhd.com/sjcam-sj6-legend/

But i get a SJ6 for testing soon and i will test things like this.

Yes you can, just like on most cameras. It also has loop recording and auto start / shut-down so it's usable as a car dash-cam.
Thanks for helping with this. Yes, it has a "Dashcam" mode.

Hi guys, I am interested in buying the sj6. Does it have the possibility to change settings by the buttons? For example can I select the burst mode and decide how many photos make in one second? Or change in slow motion video? I am asking this for example if I want to change settings in water.

Hi guys, I am interested in buying the sj6. Does it have the possibility to change settings by the buttons? For example can I select the burst mode and decide how many photos make in one second? Or change in slow motion video? I am asking this for example if I want to change settings in water.

Yes, you can certainly change the settings via button in addition to via screen. The waterproof case has buttons where you can navigate settings :)

Hello SJ6 Legend Owners. We are fixing several issues with the latest v1.4.1 firmware. We have around 8-10 issues/suggestions so far. Please list out your thoughts in #1, #2 list format.

The battery charging icon was one thing that many people wanted us to update. While we cannot add % of battery charged, we can adding a flashing bolt to indicate that battery is still charging. Please see attached and let us know your thoughts.

Attachments

• flashing-icon.gif
    flashing-icon.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 10
SJCAM SJ6 Legend PWM cable now available!

Attachments

• SJCAM SJ6 LEGEND PWM RC CABLE.jpg
    SJCAM SJ6 LEGEND PWM RC CABLE.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
Do you have a pin-out for the video out ? My SJ6 is not working with a "standard" GoPro video out cable.
Can you maybe post a pick of how its supposed to look? We can probably have one made :)

Hello SJ6 Legend Owners. We are fixing several issues with the latest v1.4.1 firmware. We have around 8-10 issues/suggestions so far. Please list out your thoughts in #1, #2 list format.

The battery charging icon was one thing that many people wanted us to update. While we cannot add % of battery charged, we can adding a flashing bolt to indicate that battery is still charging. Please see attached and let us know your thoughts.
SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.3 Firmware and Changelog:

V1.4.3

1. Fixed camera mode Metering is not saved
2. Modified Gyroscope: Gyro is disabled when FOV is turned on.
3. When in photo mode, Gyro high mode images will not be saved.
4. Dascham Mode Optimized: Power off will be delayed by 10 seconds after being unplugged
5. Removed Non-Italian words under Italian menu
6. Fixed 2K @ 30FPS WDR off, FOV Narrow, fisheye off, anti-shake off = There was a yellow line
7. Optimized video quality while in video mode with Narrow FOV.

1. Optimized the charging icon with the newest battery icon
2. Optimized After turning on the gyroscope, FOV narrow issue arises.
3. When in dashcam mode, Loop recording will be turned on by default, instead of the normal off.
4. Changed Mode button function to be able to adjust camera modes allowing full button operation of SJ6 (helpful when camera is in waterproof case).
5. Video Lock protection added when you press menu button.
6. Add shortcut start stop recording button
7. Optimizes Video Playback: When Video is deleted it will return to playback menu, Fixes playback of audio only and not video. Also, fixes repeat play unit will freeze issue.

1. Add 1080p 50fps, 1080p 25fps options
2. Optimizes Image quality and clarity optimization
3. Modifies OK button hot pixels fix: now need to press for 10 seconds (before it was only 2 seconds so people got confused).
4. Modifies insert external mic, the recording is only recorded from the external MIC.

SJ6 v1.4.3 Download

Last edited:
Back