The old SJ4000 style camera clip has threaded connections top and bottom (apparently not the case with the Git 2 clip). You needn't remove the camera if you want to transfer it from on top of a tripod to hanging from a windshield mount. It's more convenient, especially because the SJ7 lacks image inversion. Also if you want to remove the camera from your parked vehicle so it doesn't get stolen, you just pop the camera out of the clip - no need to dismount a frame.

When using my SJ4000 (or Elephone Explorer Pro) as a dash cam I also find it easier to connect the power cable while holding the camera in hand and then sliding it into the clip. With the SJ7 frame I can't connect the power cable until after the frame and camera have been attached to the suction mount. That's because the power cable sticking out of the camera won't clear the rear window of my truck as I screw the frame onto the mount. In front it clears the windshield but the cable gets twisted around.
Cheers mate those are all fair points. The way I was reading it - that it wasn't possible at all. But it is somewhat of an inconvenience took me a while to get it going when I got it haha.

Git2 frame.
aoN304.jpg

HzLonw.jpg

thx, u saved me!!!

i have no idea that these 2 cams(or 4 cams) have nearly the same sizes, great....

i have just ordered one from ali a few minutes ago, i will give it a try and when its good than i will order anothe 2 (its much cheaper as a few underwater cases!)

when i record timelapse vids's i need to hook my powerbank to the cam, so like on this pic below i shoot a few days ago.

and when i mount it on a tripod i flip the cam....so u say its fits tigt right? so that means even when i flip the frame the cam dosen't come of?

Attachments

• DSC09697.jpg
    DSC09697.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 19
thx, u saved me!!!

i have no idea that these 2 cams(or 4 cams) have nearly the same sizes, great....

i have just ordered one from ali a few minutes ago, i will give it a try and when its good than i will order anothe 2 (its much cheaper as a few underwater cases!)

when i record timelapse vids's i need to hook my powerbank to the cam, so like on this pic below i shoot a few days ago.

and when i mount it on a tripod i flip the cam....so u say its fits tigt right? so that means even when i flip the frame the cam dosen't come of?

Nice setup you have there. Our prototype sample frame mount will arrive soon. We will confirm if it will fit tightly :)

Nice review with internal / external mic tests:

Hi, guys. Does anybody know if this camera is capable of 240fps? It looks like it has the same chipset as Thieye T5e, which is able to do that.

It seem like your SJ6 air also have a bit dark footage, i must investigate more into this not least now that it again seem like i can run cameras outside without a waterproof casing.

SJ6 Air / SJ7 internal / external Mic test:

v1.16 fw will be posted in the private tester's forum now. We will release it sometime next week once testing is finished.

Hi, I have some quick questions:

1) is the front plate surface "rubberized" in the black version? (coated with a rubber feeling layer, this gets scrached easy and worns out after some period)
2) does battery life exceeds one hour on 2K filming ?
3) whats the highest resolution which supports gyro-enabled ?

thanks

edit: I just seen a review video where the reviewer mentioned that the front plate is rubberized, it was a black sj7. Is the silver rubberized also ?

Last edited:
Hi, I have some quick questions:

1) is the front plate surface "rubberized" in the black version? (coated with a rubber feeling layer, this gets scrached easy and worns out after some period)
2) does battery life exceeds one hour on 2K filming ?
3) whats the highest resolution which supports gyro-enabled ?

thanks

edit: I just seen a review video where the reviewer mentioned that the front plate is rubberized, it was a black sj7. Is the silver rubberized also ?
1) black does have a rubberized coating.
2) Yes, it can record over 1 hour in 2k
3) It supports Gyro on 1080p@30fps and 60fps

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, can you please clarify if the silver is rubberized too? I am about to place an order and I will choose the silver one if it is not rubberized. [edit:] I see that there are replacement front panels for almost all SJ cams except SJ7, any idea if there will be available in the future?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...B_20170706032551&SearchText=sjcam+front+panel

The silver is not rubberized. There is a cable attached to the faceplate so we probably will not be releasing replace panels as we don't recommend changing them...

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Just met with Ambarella Taiwan team to discuss SJ7 fw dev.

Got my and v1.16 beta fw. Please email my at tony@sjcamhd.com for the tester link.

Thanks

Git2 frame.

HzLonw.jpg

Can you use it upside down in order to put it on a monopod for example? Is it firm and stable or does the camera gets out too easy? It seems like it is not held securely on the bottom side.

My new SJ7 came with 1.13 firmware and I installed v1.15 right away. I have to report two issues that I am not sure if they are bugs or features of v1.15 (since I am a newbie on this), apologies if these have been mentioned before

1) When I take a photo, the wifi comes on!
2) I have set the date format to dd/mm/yyyy but on the pictures and videos it still appears as yyyy/mm/dd

I also measured the battery's capacity. I let the camera turn off by empty battery, I turned it on again to let it turn off by battery two more times. I charged it using a 2A samsung charger and took some pics of the charging meter. The charging current is limited at 360mA, which explains why it needs 3 hours to charge. Charging stopped at exactly 3hours which means that there is probably an internal timer which stops the charging process at this time. At 2.40 hours of charging the capacity was at 870mAh while 20 minutes later barely reached the disappointing value of 880mAh. Which explains some complaints about battery life.

SJ7_bat_charging_zpsvzkcbdki.jpg

Last edited:
My new SJ7 came with 1.13 firmware and I installed v1.15 right away. I have to report two issues that I am not sure if they are bugs or features of v1.15 (since I am a newbie on this), apologies if these have been mentioned before

1) When I take a photo, the wifi comes on!
2) I have set the date format to dd/mm/yyyy but on the pictures and videos it still appears as yyyy/mm/dd

I also measured the battery's capacity. I let the camera turn off by empty battery, I turned it on again to let it turn off by battery two more times. I charged it using a 2A samsung charger and took some pics of the charging meter. The charging current is limited at 360mA, which explains why it needs 3 hours to charge. Charging stopped at exactly 3hours which means that there is probably an internal timer which stops the charging process at this time. At 2.40 hours of charging the capacity was at 870mAh while 20 minutes later barely reached the disappointing value of 880mAh. Which explains some complaints about battery life.

SJ7_bat_charging_zpsvzkcbdki.jpg
V1.16 Beta fw is ready for testing. Please let me know if issue persist. Will check battery issue.

Back