SJCam:
Can you produce an accessory cable, like Gitup's(for git 2), to allow use of external mic.while charging?
We are looking into this and are evaluating how much the demand would be for such a cable.... thanks

We re-submitted this request for the other frame. Thanks

The reason why we couldn't release that frame mount was because the SJ7 has a touchscreen. This is what the factory's response is.

@sjcam_official

PLEASE, gife us the frame that we want (on the bottom)!!!

This is what I'm using:
$5.06 - http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_248348.html
1444619266088-P-3236429.jpg

For suction cup:
$12.94 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xtreme-Action-Series-XAS-SCM9/42404004
b1e0c61f-1826-4100-98c3-2807a4d9f614_1.ae8cc5658519bba6f597c358a9180f2b.jpeg

The reason why we couldn't release that frame mount was because the SJ7 has a touchscreen. This is what the factory's response is.
Gitup has a screen on the back of the Git 2 and provides a skeleton frame very much like this!!

When using the SJ7 as dashcam without battery tghe date always start at 08/01/2016. Looks like it need the battery to preserve the correct date and time.

When using the SJ7 as dashcam without battery tghe date always start at 08/01/2016. Looks like it need the battery to preserve the correct date and time.

I had the same issue, the SJ7 lacks an internal battery to keep the time and date. Hopefully they will be fixing that in future production. How long ago did you get your SJ7?

I had the same issue, the SJ7 lacks an internal battery to keep the time and date. Hopefully they will be fixing that in future production. How long ago did you get your SJ7?
Mid April.

I've had my SJ 7's battery out for several times and mine maintains the set date/time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my SJ 7's battery out for several minutes and mine maintains the set date/time!
Interesting, how long ago did you get yours? Sounds like they may have started including a battery on the PCB.

I use my camera for action cam footage so I can't really use an external battery to keep the time and date when I swap batteries.

Date and time only reset after the battery has been out for a while. I remove the battery when using as dashcam, the date/time reset after the car has not been driven for a couple of days.

Interesting, how long ago did you get yours? Sounds like they may have started including a battery on the PCB.

I use my camera for action cam footage so I can't really use an external battery to keep the time and date when I swap batteries.
I've had my Star for less than a week. I have changed batteries several times as I wore them down testing resolutions. Each time the SJ 7 showed the correct date /time, but I would not have the battery out more than 30 seconds!( i bought extra batts.)
One of the beta testers months ago mentioned a loss of the date/time setting when swapping batteries, but that may have been a fw issue. Are you using fw 1.15?

Last edited by a moderator:
If sjcam can produce this frame for their sj4000, thry can make one for the Star! 'screen on back-lame excuse!

I don't get this. I had a cheap suction mount lying around and flipped the SJ7 frame around and it worked as a DashCam in my car no issues.

Unless I'm missing something so feel free to correct

I don't get this. I had a cheap suction mount lying around and flipped the SJ7 frame around and it worked as a DashCam in my car no issues.

Unless I'm missing something so feel free to correct
The old SJ4000 style camera clip has threaded connections top and bottom (apparently not the case with the Git 2 clip). You needn't remove the camera if you want to transfer it from on top of a tripod to hanging from a windshield mount. It's more convenient, especially because the SJ7 lacks image inversion. Also if you want to remove the camera from your parked vehicle so it doesn't get stolen, you just pop the camera out of the clip - no need to dismount a frame.

When using my SJ4000 (or Elephone Explorer Pro) as a dash cam I also find it easier to connect the power cable while holding the camera in hand and then sliding it into the clip. With the SJ7 frame I can't connect the power cable until after the frame and camera have been attached to the suction mount. That's because the power cable sticking out of the camera won't clear the rear window of my truck as I screw the frame onto the mount. In front it clears the windshield but the cable gets twisted around.

Back