https//poshgadgets.blogspot.com/2017/07/sjcam-sj7-star-v116-firmware-native-4k.html

Both issues persist. Keeping the settings button pressed toggles WiFi on and off as supposed. But the same happens with the shutter button. If I press the shutter button to take a pic I have to release it extremely instantly, otherwise it toggles the WiFi. And I am taking about milliseconds. Thank you for your response and the link, I will give it a try

Both issues persist. Keeping the settings button pressed toggles WiFi on and off as supposed. But the same happens with the shutter button. If I press the shutter button to take a pic I have to release it extremely instantly, otherwise it toggles the WiFi. And I am taking about milliseconds. Thank you for your response and the link, I will give it a try

Okay, this will be fixed before v1.16 releases. Thanks a bunch!

I have been trying the latest TEST version of firmware V1.16.

One feature that I have waited for for a long time is the ability to rotate the image and record with the camera mounted upside down. For example fitted to a gimbal where the fixing point only allows upside down operation.

I was overjoyed to see this promised capability in V1.16TEST.

However there is a significant issue in how this operates. When inverting the image top to bottom it also inverts it left to right. The inverted image is the correct way up when suspended from a top mounting point - except that in Driving Videos I have now swithched from driving on the left hand side of the road to the right hand side!!! In other words a mirror image of what it should be.

Compare this to the way the SJ5000X handles Rotate. Here only the Top to Bottom is rotated NOT left to right. When recordings are made with the camera mounted upside down and Rotate "On" the the image is exactly the same as when the camera is mounted right way up with Rotate "Off". NOT a mirror image. If you want also a mirror image, for whatever reason, then this should be a second option. The default however should be as in the SJ5000X and true Image Rotation. Hopefully this is easy to fix before release of this very valuable feature in V1.16 (or V1.17)

Finally got my SJ7 Star! Here's my simple review.

Watch "SJCAM SJ7 Star Unboxing 7/16/17" on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally got my SJ7 Star! Here's my simple review.

Watch "SJCAM SJ7 Star Unboxing 7/16/17" on YouTube

Thanks for sharing!

Rotation on SJ7 being fixed. Several other things being fixed on v1.16.

Thanks for your patience guys!

I have been trying the latest TEST version of firmware V1.16.

One feature that I have waited for for a long time is the ability to rotate the image and record with the camera mounted upside down. For example fitted to a gimbal where the fixing point only allows upside down operation.

I was overjoyed to see this promised capability in V1.16TEST.

However there is a significant issue in how this operates. When inverting the image top to bottom it also inverts it left to right. The inverted image is the correct way up when suspended from a top mounting point - except that in Driving Videos I have now swithched from driving on the left hand side of the road to the right hand side!!! In other words a mirror image of what it should be.

Compare this to the way the SJ5000X handles Rotate. Here only the Top to Bottom is rotated NOT left to right. When recordings are made with the camera mounted upside down and Rotate "On" the the image is exactly the same as when the camera is mounted right way up with Rotate "Off". NOT a mirror image. If you want also a mirror image, for whatever reason, then this should be a second option. The default however should be as in the SJ5000X and true Image Rotation. Hopefully this is easy to fix before release of this very valuable feature in V1.16 (or V1.17)

We replied via email. Being updated. Thanks!

I reported this on April 11. On the latest color coded spreadsheet, the fourth tab, item no. 78, it indicates the Status is Solved.
As in will be resolved by the next official v1.16 release.

We replied via email. Being updated. Thanks!
Rotation on SJ7 being fixed. Several other things being fixed on v1.16.
Good to hear. Tested Rotation again today and I am definitely recorded as driving on the Right in a Left-Hand-Drive country - a bit scary!! Look forward to seeing the Release Version of 1.16. Getting close to a stable release. Maybe we can move on to V2.0 pretty soon - where we get new features rather than mainly fixing initial bugs!

Good to hear. Tested Rotation again today and I am definitely recorded as driving on the Right in a Left-Hand-Drive country - a bit scary!! Look forward to seeing the Release Version of 1.16. Getting close to a stable release. Maybe we can move on to V2.0 pretty soon - where we get new features rather than mainly fixing initial bugs!
Believe me, I am waiting for that day. As mentioned in another place, i met with Ambarella 2 weeks ago and progress is definitely under way. Some times that face to face makes all of the difference. Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding!

Is option to enable fisheye correction also going to be added to firmware? Even it it disables other features, it's worth it for some of us. Just put disclaimer on the setting it does that.

Guys, Please hold off on updating to v1.16 beta for now......

I would like to mention one more issue : To start recording you have to press the shutter button once. To stop recording you have to press it once if the screen is still on and twice if the screen has been to stand by (30 seconds after the last button press), one to wake up the screen and one to stop recording. This is quite confusing especially if someone is recording short videos. It happened many times that I thought I had stopped recording while I hadn't.

I also found out that the only way to make sure I stopped recording is to check if the red circular icon on the lower left corner of the screen is still flashing. The blue leds are useless under the strong sun, so I was wondering if the red icon could get larger...

These LCD screen protectors fit perfect on the SJ7 Star. Touchscreen works great also with them on.

iTrunk Gopro Hero 5 LCD Display Screen Protector & Lens Protector Film for GoPro Hero 5 Black Action Camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01MDRQTGO
ed85aa45f333df6237f606d604138b99.jpg

e5035a406394c4fc2f20c31b4d08f00c.jpg

Last edited:
T
These LCD screen protectors fit perfect on the SJ7 Star. Touchscreen works great also with them on.

iTrunk Gopro Hero 5 LCD Display Screen Protector & Lens Protector Film for GoPro Hero 5 Black Action Camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01MDRQTGO
ed85aa45f333df6237f606d604138b99.jpg

e5035a406394c4fc2f20c31b4d08f00c.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. We will actually have sj6 / sj7 screen protectors very soon as well :)

So I've joined the ranks of the SJ7 users, first impression is very good, it looks like SJCam has one of the most stable A12 platforms :)

So here are my reviews and some tests, of course there are more coming

Hands on review, accessories overview, full menu walk-through, WiFi app testing and operation

Demo Footage Reel upscaled to 4k@60fps ! You will find why in the start of the video

SJ7 playlist, check video info for RAW files

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOXCT1uFJb10Ail3cVdxzo-6EjQGUAw_e

Back