SJ7 Star v1.17 Beta1 Firmware & Changelog

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Guys, please test this if you have time ASAP..

We want to officially release this soon... too long without update....

SJ7 V1.17

Just recorded a little and it look okay in my initial inspection, will look closer and closer at this in the days to come.

The reason i had to retake the test again today was yesterday i used the app at times to make some changes, but they did not seem to take to the camera.
So today i just used the camera and its screen and buttons.
In the app you cant change to slow motion it seem, and it also looked like changes to ISO values using the app dident take to camera, i will investigate this further tonight on my computer table.

Just recorded a little and it look okay in my initial inspection, will look closer and closer at this in the days to come.

The reason i had to retake the test again today was yesterday i used the app at times to make some changes, but they did not seem to take to the camera.
So today i just used the camera and its screen and buttons.
In the app you cant change to slow motion it seem, and it also looked like changes to ISO values using the app dident take to camera, i will investigate this further tonight on my computer table.
Okay, we are checking on this... Thanks for the report...

Some questions about 1.17FW:
1. Why do you change the frame rate at 4K from 30fps to 25? To my mind 30fps video looks a little bit more smoother.
2. Why do you disable 240fps at 720p? 240fps really gives a lot of fun sometimes! I wonder if the camera could film 480fps at 360p!
And generally 30fps changed to 25 at all resolutions, 60fps - to 50 fps. Is there any critical reason?

Dont that change with if you select NTFS ( 30 fps ) or PAL ( 25 FPS ) it might just be the camera default to PAL.

I live in a PAL country but i always used NTFS on cameras as i am not going to connect camera to TV, and even so i am sure my TV that's old 1080p TV support both NTFS and PAL.

I do have 720/240 FPS on my SJ7 with this firmware, and 4K 30 fps ( 16/9 ) ??

IMG_20170826_223344[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223451[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223514[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223547[1]_big_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Dont that change with if you select NTFS ( 30 fps ) or PAL ( 25 FPS ) it might just be the camera default to PAL.

I live in a PAL country but i always used NTFS on cameras as i am not going to connect camera to TV, and even so i am sure my TV that's old 1080p TV support both NTFS and PAL.

I do have 720/240 FPS on my SJ7 with this firmware, and 4K 30 fps ( 16/9 ) ??

IMG_20170826_223344[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223451[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223514[1]_big_thumb.jpg

IMG_20170826_223547[1]_big_thumb.jpg
Oh my Scotch!
Thanks a lot!

Any other issues guys? We want to release this officially...

No aside for the slow motion problem i have not found anything bad, all regular resolutions record fine, aside for 720/240 that have some frame double.

Feel good to me.

No aside for the slow motion problem i have not found anything bad, all regular resolutions record fine, aside for 720/240 that have some frame double.

Feel good to me.
Great! Thanks

Feels good to me too. Haven't experienced any major issues, like freezing or such. Also seems to transfer via WiFi faster now than before which is very nice!

I saw this on the change log, what does it mean "Adds transmission mode to APP"?

i think that's footage sharing to social media via the app ( not live steaming )

Is there any improvement in reducing fisheye effect in new firmware? Especially in photos.

there is no distortion correction planned by Ambarella because this would interfere with FOV.....

you can correct this in post production as far as i know, but there you will probably also loose some of the image size.

Ambarella has tried and the picture quality suffers.

Novatek supposedly supports FOV and distortion correct, but, it is fake.

If Ambarella could add support for this, they would.

Any update when 1.17 will officially release?

Also I noticed that the image rotation was removed, will that be coming back soon too? Once they fix it from mirroring the image as well as flipping it?

Any update when 1.17 will officially release?

Also I noticed that the image rotation was removed, will that be coming back soon too? Once they fix it from mirroring the image as well as flipping it?
We should have a v1.18 beta version very soon. It will add Rotation to 4k first....

How about reset function (hold down 1 or 2 button to reset the camera)? Sometime my SJ7 got stuck on black screen and I can't do anything with it, even shut it down. Then I have to remove the battery to reset it, and it's really annoying , especially when I use waterproof case.

Back