External Mic SJ7

You got a external mic to work on your p2 plus?
I've tried a couple different ones and they did not work and most
reviews I've read people said it did not work for them too.
You're the first person Ive seen that said you got it it work.
You think it depends on the mic or the adapter?
I've been trying a right angled adapter.
Yep, I got the SJCam and Movo mics to work. However, the audio on my Dazzne P2 Plus is pretty weak. Even with the external mics the loudness is rather poor. I don't know about adapters except to say the Movo adapter worked. Here's my full review (first one I ever wrote). The website is undergoing changes so it might look rather odd at the moment! Cheers. :)

Latest batch Mic reviews are coming in. There is clearly a difference.

Please buy the mic from our Official website as there are knock-off mics on the market now.

If you guys want, we can maybe give you a discount on the mic from sjcamhd.com.

yes i would order the new one with a discount !

thanks

Yep, I got the SJCam and Movo mics to work. However, the audio on my Dazzne P2 Plus is pretty weak. Even with the external mics the loudness is rather poor. I don't know about adapters except to say the Movo adapter worked. Here's my full review (first one I ever wrote). The website is undergoing changes so it might look rather odd at the moment! Cheers. :)
Thanks for the reply. Well thats good to know. I just assumed the external mic function did not work at all.
Not that loud huh? Well I'll give it a try with a different mic and adapter and see if that helps. The internal mic
on it isnt very good. Luckily I got it for free. I'll check out your review. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reply. Well thats good to know. I just assumed the external mic function did not work at all.
Not that loud huh? Well I'll give it a try with a different mic and adapter and see if that helps. The internal mic
on it isnt very good. Luckily I got it for free. I'll check out your review. Thanks for the info.

SJ7 Star should be sounding like this:

Again, will email coupon for Mic to DCT members.

Iended up buying the movo mic/adapter but it still sadly did not work with the p2 plus. Stays on internal mic even when external mic is plugged in.

Another Mic test:

Iended up buying the movo mic/adapter but it still sadly did not work with the p2 plus. Stays on internal mic even when external mic is plugged in.
So sorry to hear that. Maybe I just got lucky and my P2 Plus happens to be one of those that works with an external mic.

I tried a different mini-usb mic also that did not work. Seems SJCAM made the mini-usb port to only work with their mic. Sad, because there a few other mini-usb mics that I wanted to try with this SJ7 Star.

Okay, as per Terry's recommendation, please try the Movo mic adapter.
Thanks so much.

I really wanted to use something like this to be able to record nature's sounds.

9af9036861dc670745238e47ad8be0d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hi, guys, I got the SJ 7-star official mic today but nothing is happening when I am connecting it with my sj7star any help plz @sjcam_official

Last edited:
hi, guys, I got the SJ 7-star official mic today but nothing is happening when I am connecting it with my sj7star any help plz @sjcam_official

Can you check the audio settings? Maybe try restoring factory default settings..... After you connect, restart the unit. It should be recording..maybe try testing audio before and after plugging the mic in.... thanks!

None of the mics. sold for gopro on ebay will work with my Star, only the factory mics.!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blink Blink SJ7 15
Back