External Mic SJ7

I think this revives the question of the pinout for the USB connector.

@sjcam_official Can we please have the official pinout (which pins do what) for the SJ7 USB port?

I've literally lost count of how many times I and others have asked for this information and gotten no reply at all.

hi, guys, I got the SJ 7-star official mic today but nothing is happening when I am connecting it with my sj7star any help plz @sjcam_official
In May of 2017 SJCam mentioned that they were changing suppliers for their lav mic and also making adjustments to the firmware. If you have a lav mic is it possible you received old stock, i.e., a mic that was manufactured prior to the change?:)

I think this revives the question of the pinout for the USB connector.

@sjcam_official Can we please have the official pinout (which pins do what) for the SJ7 USB port?

I've literally lost count of how many times I and others have asked for this information and gotten no reply at all.
Hello, Is it not on that SJCAM forums thread?

Nope. There is some uncertainty about whether all SJ7's have 5 pin USB ports or they all have 5 or 10 or 12 pins or some different pin counts. After that, which pins do what?

Nope. There is some uncertainty about whether all SJ7's have 5 pin USB ports or they all have 5 or 10 or 12 pins or some different pin counts. After that, which pins do what?
Okay, I will try to figure this out. Do we have a version with most pins labeled? Like a diagram with the missing pins circled?

I recently purchased the SJcam S7 star with an external microphone and to be honest it has performed exceptionally well. The video quality is great and with the external microphone (set at 50%), the audio quality is unbelievable (when sealed off in my helmet). However I have noticed it picks a lot of wind noise also (I have solved this issue also within my helmet and on the microphone itself).
6 minute video review shown below. Enjoy :cool:

Okay, I will try to figure this out. Do we have a version with most pins labeled? Like a diagram with the missing pins circled?
The only pinout I've seen was done by Nianeko, but I can't reconcile the pinout he has with what I see in my SJ7. This is where the problem of settling even the correct pinout for all SJ7's. Unless my magnifying glasses (used more than one magnification) are messing with me, there are only five contacts on my SJ7. Thus, two questions:
1) Do some SJ7's use one connector and other SJ7's have a different connector?
2) Which pins do what on each connector type?

I simply don't understand why this information can't be supplied to users. Or at least why SJCam doesn't come up with a "power and mic" cable.

Does the SJ7 mic record loud bass (low frequency) without distortion? Or is it too sensitive to bass sounds?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blink Blink SJ7 15
Back