M2 Discussion

Do you guys know if the Mobius 2 has the same focusing issues like the Mobius 1?

Every few month the Mobius 1 looses it's focus and I have big troubles all the time trying to manually refocus it.
I've not had focusing issues with any of my Mobius 1 cameras, certainly nothing that needed to be refocused. I did notice some focus shift on my first M2 in a hot car, but generally my M2's have been OK in terms of focus.

The M1 is the better camera for dealing with focus issues that may occur, since it has a set screw to secure the lens. The M2 lens is glued in place, so it is less suitable for refocusing.

I've not had focusing issues with any of my Mobius 1 cameras, certainly nothing that needed to be refocused. I did notice some focus shift on my first M2 in a hot car, but generally my M2's have been OK in terms of focus.

The M1 is the better camera for dealing with focus issues that may occur, since it has a set screw to secure the lens. The M2 lens is glued in place, so it is less suitable for refocusing.

I've got a C lens M1 and a C2 lens M1, the C lens focus drifts and is difficult to adjust, the C2 lens has never been a problem, no doubt they stopped the original C lens for a reason

I've got a C lens M1 and a C2 lens M1, the C lens focus drifts and is difficult to adjust, the C2 lens has never been a problem, no doubt they stopped the original C lens for a reason

It's well known that the C lens had an issue with warping sensor backing plates and this was the reason for the new C2 lens which have a thicker heavy duty plate on the module.

One time, I had a very minor B lens focus shift on a Mobius that was in my vehicle during a long hot summer but after refocusing the problem never returned. For all I know it may have been that way all along until I decided to check the focus on all my Mobius cameras.

In my experience over several years now the Mobius focus is rock solid.

As for the M2 having a glued in lens I find it infuriating. The user focusable, set screw lens has always been one of the Mobius' most unique and useful features. During my 10 months as a beta tester for the M2 I couldn't believe the absurd explanations and rationalizations I heard for eliminating the user focusable lens. I tried to convince them to reconsider but they insist on doing what is most expedient regardless of the consequences to their enthusiast based, word-of-mouth marketing model. It became clear that Mobius has literally no appreciation of the various reasons the original Mobius was and is such a beloved and successful camera, even now that it has been on the market all this time and has grown long in the tooth.

Of course, if it was only a non-focusable lens it would be one thing but when combined with a litany of other problems and shortcomings with the M2 it's no wonder this camera has been such an abject failure and that this thread has been so moribund month after month.

I finally got around to testing the most recent public firmware release and it is astonishingly bad. In a variety of ways with a few minor exceptions it is worse than some of the beta firmware I worked with months ago! And M2 owners waited ten months for this update!

The company's aloofness and total lack of support to the many people who wasted their money on this camera is a real slap in the face to their loyal customer base and this will not help them going forward even if it turns out they are working on an M3.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I should have mentioned what lenses I'm using.

On my first Mobius 1 (bought in May 2013). I think that might have a Standard “A” Lens. That one I have to refocus now and then.

And I'm using another Mobius 1 (bought in May 2015) which has a Lens "B" V3 on it. I've never refocused it but I probably should, because the footage looks like it's not 100% on focus.

As for the M2 having a glued in lens I find it infuriating. The user focusable, set screw lens has always been one of the Mobius' most unique and useful features. During my 10 months as a beta tester for the M2 I couldn't believe the absurd explanations and rationalizations I heard for eliminating the user focusable lens. I tried to convince them to reconsider but they insist on doing what is most expedient regardless of the consequences to their enthusiast based, word-of-mouth marketing model. It became clear that Mobius has literally no appreciation of the various reasons the original Mobius was and is such a beloved and successful camera, even now that it has been on the market all this time and has grown long in the tooth.

Of course, if it was only a non-focusable lens it would be one thing but when combined with a litany of other problems and shortcomings with the M2 it's no wonder this camera has been such an abject failure and that this thread has been so moribund month after month.

I finally got around to testing the most recent public firmware release and it is astonishingly bad. In a variety of ways with a few minor exceptions it is worse than some of the beta firmware I worked with months ago! And M2 owners waited ten months for this update!

The company's aloofness and total lack of support to the many people who wasted their money on this camera is a real slap in the face to their loyal customer base and this will not help them going forward even if it turns out they are working on an M3.

Do they still make the M1? Or is it just old stock that is being sold?

Still making and selling rather well. Even adding new lenses in the last year. The last mobius I bought was an M1 with the A2 lens.

They should stop selling the M2 as far as I am concerned. After all this time the M1 is still a very viable camera option with essentially no rival based on what you can do with it. The M2 is a virtual train wreck.

The OnePaa X2000 is an intriguing camera in that it is the only FPV camera that specifically offers dash cam capability. The problem is there is no super-capacitor option plus the mount and WiFi features seem poorly implemented.
At least they recognize the possibility for dash cam use but for the most part it seems to be a specialized FPV camera with looping added and it will take a bit more than that to achieve a viable dashboard camera.

http://onepaa.com/x2000-fpv-camera/

Not found (404), anyway, this guy:

tells us the cam does not auto start stop with external power....

It IS CHEAP though now:

[EDIT] www.onepaa.com does NOT exist anymore ..... Company went down?

Yes, it's also my understanding that the X2000 does not support auto start/stop with external power.
No capacitor option either.

Last edited:

It IS CHEAP though now:

[EDIT] www.onepaa.com does NOT exist anymore ..... Company went down?

Yeah, I've recently learned that it doesn't have auto power on since making that post a year ago.

@dirkzelf are you on an eternal mission to find the perfect matchbox-shaped camera? :D

Haha, ya, maybe I am, but this one came along in a BangGood sale, and I got a just exited enough to bother you guys with it .... :LOL: but tbh I have the A119S and pretty happy with it, ALWAYS works and gives ALWAYS good quality video, besides you may have notice me being silent for a while now, it's because I don't have much energy left to point my interest since I found out my mom is terminal :cry:.

Sorry to hear that.

There may be something new around the corner that sparks your interest later in the year ;)

Sorry to hear that.

There may be something new around the corner that sparks your interest later in the year ;)

Thanks, now you makin' me curious....

yeah it s@cks big time, and remember, moving on is no option when it's the only option.

But we'll do anyway.

25cbcc04d23e211dc08d3604f42f6078.jpg

Piece

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your mom, @dirkzelf. I know what that feels like. :(

Thanks, we all come by that point one day sooner or later, if (hopefully) we don't go first.

But I can only thank her for being so optimistic, and going on by sayin

"We all demise some day, but all other days we don't..."

So guys, laugh with who you love, while you can....

my mom is terminal

Same here and its really slow, not like one of the faster reasons.
Have made me feel feelings i wasent aware i was able to feel, outside of frustration of course.
One thing is for sure had i been in her place i would have ended it long ago cuz the life she have now that's not even close to what i call life.
And i have always been aware of this feeling of mine, and hardware / plan wise it have been prepared since i was 20 or so.

Only good thing that have come of this feeling of mine is it made me stop my career in crime, cuz prison is not what i call life so if i ended up there i would have to end it too, and really i never wanted to end nothing, just things i have always been acutely aware off as PR the weird workings of my mind.

I am okay with the daytime workings of my M2, just wish the night time performance could be in the same class, only bother now is after the F1 came around i really wish the M2 had EIS.

I am okay with the daytime workings of my M2, just wish the night time performance could be in the same class, only bother now is after the F1 came around i really wish the M2 had EIS.
I use one of my M2's as a rear-facing camera where it performs OK. I've not found a use for the other one yet, apart from testing which is the reason I had it in the first place.

I really got mine for use as a action camera, but so far it have mostly been tested in the car and otherwise little use of it.
For the main purpose it have only seen like 1-2 hour use, would have been higher if the summer dident bypass Denmark in 2017 and my ill timing with my little RC 4 x 4 truck.
A truck which by the way in spite of me braking the bank on getting a brand new kit, well then i still dont have anything to drive cuz after a few trips with the new car it was clear to me changes / mods was needed.
This fueled by the fact that i used the wrong paint on the body so it just fell off pretty fast fueling my dislike for a car that are a really good kit, so now its in pieces on my living room table and it will be at least a couple of months before it will be operational again.
BUT when it is operational again, then it will be sweetness in every way :cool:
Only 2 problems. 1: i dident get enough paint for the new body, need one more can of yellow and 1-2 cans of white for backing. 2: and then i need to get my head out of my behind and get in gear :cautious: for a long time i have been so down on energy i really dont do much but sit here on this forum and sleep.

Back