Update: Street Guardian has amazing service!

DashCamUT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

This site has been a huge help and I purchased a SG9665GC v3 from Amazon. Looking forward to installing in my 2015 Ram 1500. Does anyone have experience with this dash cam in a Ram truck? Looking forward to receiving the cam and putting it to the test. I chose between the A119 and SG, and the SG seemed like the way to go!

Thanks

I'm not sure there's anything unusual about installation for your truck but if you have any questions at all when the time comes just let us know, always someone here to help

I'm not sure there's anything unusual about installation for your truck but if you have any questions at all when the time comes just let us know, always someone here to help

Thank you, will do!

I paid extra for overnight shipping and my dash cam arrived today. I was excited to open and begin the installation process. After careful inspection, it looks like the unit was a return. The outer packaging looked a bit rough and the box was not fully closed as if the internal parts were not organized. When I opened the box, there were two empty plastic bags on top and the GPS unit, and other accessories were just thrown in the box. Also, the protector that should have been on the dash cam display was stuck to one of the empty bags! After looking at the display, there are a few light scratches which should not be the case for a new unit. It is pretty discouraging to see this and I hope others that purchase this unit are not being sold returned/used dash cams as a new item. Definitely not a positive impression from the start, I guess it will be going back.

I paid extra for overnight shipping and my dash cam arrived today. I was excited to open and begin the installation process. After careful inspection, it looks like the unit was a return. The outer packaging looked a bit rough and the box was not fully closed as if the internal parts were not organized. When I opened the box, there were two empty plastic bags on top and the GPS unit, and other accessories were just thrown in the box. Also, the protector that should have been on the dash cam display was stuck to one of the empty bags! After looking at the display, there are a few light scratches which should not be the case for a new unit. It is pretty discouraging to see this and I hope others that purchase this unit are not being sold returned/used dash cams as a new item. Definitely not a positive impression from the start, I guess it will be going back.
I guess your order was Fulfilled by Amazon?

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

I guess you bought from Fulfilled by Amazon?

Correct, it was fulfilled by Amazon, but the return label has the Street Guardian name and address.

I guess you bought from Fulfilled by Amazon?

Correct, it was fulfilled by Amazon, but the return label has the Street Guardian name and address.
There is a reasonable explanation to this case which was caused by Amazon FBA Return department and which should not happen. Wait for reply from distributor. He is going to sort out this.

There is a reasonable explanation to this case which was caused by Amazon FBA Return department and which should not happen. Wait for reply from distributor. He is going to sort out this.

Thanks for the response! I look forward to hearing from him.

Last edited:

we've had a couple of cases like this previously due to Amazon putting returns back in stock even though they've been instructed never to do that, unfortunately some people return stuff with reasons like unwanted gift or wrong item ordered and Amazon think that it's new and return it to stock, this has happened before so they were requested to send any returns back to us regardless if they still think it's new, sadly they still get it wrong sometimes

@Street Guardian USA will follow up with you directly and make sure things get sorted out for you ASAP

Hello, sorry about that. This is one of the "joys" of selling using Fulfillment by Amazon services.
Even though we set repackaging service to disabled, Amazon will still send some types of returns back to the for sale inventory. (see below)
You will see an LPNRRxxxxxxx label on the box if it was a previous return.

Please send me your details and I'll help get this sorted. (private message here, or email is best. My business card should be in the box if that's not missing too)

1516393434486.png
1516393473425.png
1516393818341.png

Hello, sorry about that. This is one of the "joys" of selling using Fulfillment by Amazon services.
Even though we set repackaging service to disabled, Amazon will still send some types of returns back to the for sale inventory. (see below)

Please send me your details and I'll help get this sorted. (private message here, or email is best. My business card should be in the box if that's not missing too)

View attachment 35825
View attachment 35826
View attachment 35827

Thank you, Jon. I appreciate the info and just sent an email to you.

we've had a couple of cases like this previously due to Amazon putting returns back in stock even though they've been instructed never to do that, unfortunately some people return stuff with reasons like unwanted gift or wrong item ordered and Amazon think that it's new and return it to stock, this has happened before so they were requested to send any returns back to us regardless if they still think it's new, sadly they still get it wrong sometimes

@Street Guardian USA will follow up with you directly and make sure things get sorted out for you ASAP

Thank you very much.

Street Guardian USA said:

Yes, there is a label on the box that says LPN RR with some numbers that follow.

Street Guardian USA said:

Yes, there is a label on the box that says LPN RR with some numbers that follow.

I didn't get your email yet so I just sent you a private message. If you let me know that LPNRRxxxxx number I can look up the return report reason the last customer gave too.

Email received. Got the LPNRR code too. Not sure why a customer would choose "Product is not as described on website" and return a used product without even contacting us too? Some customers will choose any reason to get a free pre-paid return label.

1516395265767.png

^^ Have you seen some of the angry reviews at amazon?

They have no idea what they're buying, but are angry it won't cut the grass, wash the dog, cure insomnia, and make private parts grow bigger.

:rolleyes:

^^ Have you seen some of the angry reviews at amazon?

They have no idea what they're buying, but are angry it won't cut the grass, wash the dog, cure insomnia, and make private parts grow bigger.

:rolleyes:

Are you indicating that since I am frustrated that I took a full day of PTO to install this dash cam as it was going to be delivered this morning and am frustrated to see I received a used dash cam, I fall into that category of angry reviewers?

You have every right to be frustrated. It's also frustrating for us as a seller that this type of situation is out of our control. I've tried escalating it to top Amazon management without success several times.

Since you got the 2017 SG9665GC V3 at the clearance price, I'd like to offer you a free upgrade to the new 2018 SGGCX2 model. I'll even bump up the memory card size a bit. (email sent your way with the offer)

Back