Update: Street Guardian has amazing service!

"Are you indicating that since I am frustrated that I took a full day of PTO to install this dash cam as it was going to be delivered this morning and am frustrated to see I received a used dash cam, I fall into that category of angry reviewers?"

No. sorry....it was in reference to SGusa not knowing why the cam was returned in the first place. 'Product not as described', etc.

:)

Are you indicating that since I am frustrated that I took a full day of PTO to install this dash cam as it was going to be delivered this morning and am frustrated to see I received a used dash cam, I fall into that category of angry reviewers?

you have every right to be angry, frustrates the hell out of us, nobody wins in these situations except Amazon (we still get billed for the freight back and forth etc), so it's a lose/lose for us as well, that's part of doing business on their platform so something we just have to put up with

You have every right to be frustrated. It's also frustrating for us as a seller that this type of situation is out of our control. I've tried escalating it to top Amazon management without success several times.

Since you got the 2017 SG9665GC V3 at the clearance price, I'd like to offer you a free upgrade to the new 2018 SGGCX2 model. I'll even bump up the memory card size a bit. (email sent your way with the offer)
Now that is what I call above and beyond support! Massive kudos and you just guaranteed that when I purchase for my son's truck it's 110% going to be a SG..

You have every right to be frustrated. It's also frustrating for us as a seller that this type of situation is out of our control. I've tried escalating it to top Amazon management without success several times.

Since you got the 2017 SG9665GC V3 at the clearance price, I'd like to offer you a free upgrade to the new 2018 SGGCX2 model. I'll even bump up the memory card size a bit. (email sent your way with the offer)

I really appreciate your understanding and willingness to go above and beyond. Reply sent. Thanks again, I am blown away by the world class service from Street Guardian.

you have every right to be angry, frustrates the hell out of us, nobody wins in these situations except Amazon (we still get billed for the freight back and forth etc), so it's a lose/lose for us as well, that's part of doing business on their platform so something we just have to put up with

I am extremely impressed with your solid service. You guys have earned a customer for life. Hope to send many referrals your way. Thank you very much!

Now that is what I call above and beyond support! Massive kudos and you just guaranteed that when I purchase for my son's truck it's 110% going to be a SG..

I fully agree. It is so rare to see this kind of solid service. It really speaks true to their business model!

I really appreciate your understanding

we don't just sell stuff, we buy things as consumers as well so completely understand the expectation, why should you accept anything less than what we would expect ourselves

Last edited:
"Are you indicating that since I am frustrated that I took a full day of PTO to install this dash cam as it was going to be delivered this morning and am frustrated to see I received a used dash cam, I fall into that category of angry reviewers?"

No. sorry....it was in reference to SGusa not knowing why the cam was returned in the first place. 'Product not as described', etc.

:) No worries, I now see what you meant.

we don't just sell stuff, we buy things as consumers as well so completely understand the expectation, why should you accept anything less than what we would expect ourselves

Thank you again, I am very impressed.

I had an A119 return reason as "Did not like style of garment". I kid you not! o_O

Being an Amazon seller is a Love-Hate relationship for sure. Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

As a personal shopper, I buy just about everything from Amazon too.

Some people are habitual returners. I only return something if it's defective or like in the OP's case, its not as described. If i buy something and don't like it then that's on me for not doing proper research before hand so I'll sell it at a loss.

I recently returned a Garmin Dash Cam because it was faulty. Since there was nothing wrong with the hardwire kit, and since it was my choice to buy something else, I sold the hardwire kit at a loss. Sure I could have returned it as well but that's not how I roll..

These chronic returners raise the prices for all of us.. Sorry for the off topic rant and I'll be stepping down off the soapbox now.. :p

Some people are habitual returners. I only return something if it's defective or like in the OP's case, its not as described. If i buy something and don't like it then that's on me for not doing proper research before hand so I'll sell it at a loss.

we actually get more fake returns than real ones, there's a lot of people out there that play the system unfortunately

yeah,
Some of the fraudulent automated FBA returns are pretty crazy yeah. The returned product they send back looks nothing like the real thing yet Amazon happily refunds the customer and sends the foreign object to our office.

A118 being passed off as the GC I'd understand but a totally different item, that's gross negligence.

we actually get more fake returns than real ones, there's a lot of people out there that play the system unfortunately
yeah,
Some of the fraudulent automated FBA returns are pretty crazy yeah. The returned product they send back looks nothing like the real thing yet Amazon happily refunds the customer and sends the foreign object to our office.
Wow that's crazy! You guys have no recourse against Amazon when they take back a different product?

Back