Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Ahh, well that's been the issue for some others. Might be worth trying all connections again. And if you haven't already done so update to latest FW from Nextbase site.

What SD card have you got?

Does the picture in picture appear on the main 512GW @Tamusz ?

click and collect from halfords. should pick up tomorrow or at least the weekend.

whats the deal with the wobbly cable? am I likely to get one?

just upgraded to 21.6

There have been a couple of customers which have all been sorted now @Skynet5, with the thousands that have been sold its a tiny percentage and very very very unlikely that it'll happen to you. You know where to find us if you do experience anything out of the ordinary.

The Rear Cam is a tiny camera that doesn't have a lot of room inside so the cable doesn't slot in as far as other models, something to bear in mind when fitting.

Thanks @NextBase Tiffany

Halfords haven't got my click and collect in yet. Called them but they sited delays as it was new.

Looking forward to it.

Collected. Installed. Seems to just work.

Had the dreaded yellow box with no pic. But hadn't turned on dual files. Did that and then turned off and on.

Also cable seems firmly in place on the rear camera. Hadn't pushed it properly in on the front, really needs a push and a audible click. If came loose while I was hiding the wire and stopped working, as it wiggled out.

At the weekend I'll try and route the cable thought the rear cable pipes into the rear hatch for a cleaner finish.

Ordered my rear view for 512gw on Monday got it Wednesday, done the upgrade on the internet for the 512 and fitted the rear view today, works a treat, menu allows you to put the little screen for the rear view in three places on the 512, simple to setup and a very neat little camera, (y):D

Looked at the first footage of my 512 rear view camera and I'm well impressed,excellent quality, crystal clear, after attaching the camera to my computer I found the front and back are separated into two sections very easy to pick out what clip you want

Hi all,

I read quite a few pages back in this thread and didn't find what bothers me.

I bought rear camera from Halfords yesterday and fitted it today, all appeared to be working as expected until I switch wi-fi on and connect my phone to it - it changes recording resolution instantly to 1440p and even after disconnecting android mobile and come back to normal mode it only uses front 512 GW camera with 1440p resulution, it need to be switched off/on to come back with screen where ask you about 3 views which you prefer.
Does anyone have same issue?
Obviously I'm guessing Nextbase must in a process to update android app so real live view from rear camera can be seen on mobile?
Can anyone advise me how to get full screen with view from rear camera on front 512gw display? I'm missing something and can't get it.
I'm on newest firmware in my front 512gw btw.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Pressing the mode button while recording will show the rear camera view on the dashcam screen on its own.

You also need to make sure dual files are turned on to get front a d rear recordings if that is what you mean isn't happening.

I will try that mode button while recording - Thanks!
I have dual files switched on, what I mean is after I connect my android based mobile phone through wi-fi and disconnect it, my 512gw camera shows and records only front view with 1440p resolution, I need to either disconnect rear camera and connect it again when not recording or just switch front camera off/on. It is clearly andorid app which switches resolution to 1440p and nextbase can record front and rear view only in 1080p 50fps.
Plus can't see live view from rear camera on android app which tells me that app haven't been properly updated I suppose?

I will try that mode button while recording - Thanks!
I have dual files switched on, what I mean is after I connect my android based mobile phone through wi-fi and disconnect it, my 512gw camera shows and records only front view with 1440p resolution, I need to either disconnect rear camera and connect it again when not recording or just switch front camera off/on. It is clearly andorid app which switches resolution to 1440p and nextbase can record front and rear view only in 1080p 50fps.
Plus can't see live view from rear camera on android app which tells me that app haven't been properly updated I suppose?

sounds like a bug in the app, have you reported the issue? @NextBase Tiffany would be interested to know I'm sure

I haven't yet as wasn't sure if it is just me doing something wrong or someone else has same issue,

I have recently fitted 512GW and the rear camera and had the same problem as others , no rear view showing on playback , thanks to a previous post on here I have resolved the problem ( for now ) by unplugging and restarting the camera ,

Back