Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Thanks again Tiffany and for the great Customer Service just received on the phone by Team NextBase - all sorted now! :)

@Sirv we emailed everyone who had provided us with contact information on Monday 4th June. I note you joined the forum on 31st May and started posting June 6th so I wouldn't have known to include you in my post on 2nd June. I am unsure if you provided us with your email address to be emailed on the 4th June? Halfords should have another delivery of cameras at the beginning of July. They were on a first come first served basis.

Well that is wrong I joined on May 21, 2017 and have been lurking waiting ever since. Just because I did not post does not mean I was not following the thread which I can assure you I have.

Yes sorry typo - they are next to each other.

Of course - but I don't know who has/hasn't been monitoring this thread. We only know and can help if we're informed.

We told everyone who had asked about it and they sold out incredibly quickly - Halfords will have them moving forward, July.

Last edited:
Tiffany,
How did you 'tell everybody' about the release?

I specifically asked you and received nothing whatsoever.

Tiffany,
How did you 'tell everybody' about the release?

I specifically asked you and received nothing whatsoever.
I think some people had provided an email address but others were tagged in a post here, you can go back and find the post that she made where everyone was tagged

I think some people had provided an email address but others were tagged in a post here, you can go back and find the post that she made where everyone was tagged

Dec 30th 2017
Tiffany replied to my request;
"I will of course let you know once released." (Cut and pasted from the original post)

Receive emails is checked in my forum preferences.

Tiffanys post on the subject states 'only a limited number are available'

When I have time I will cross reference the names of those who who were tagged in the post to see if their info requests were previous to mine.
You will appreciate I am more than a little unhappy about how this has been handled by Nextbase (and yes, an email has been sent).

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

If you've been tagged there's no way for her to know if your forum settings are setup to notify you or not, it seems there was plenty of them available for those who had asked but someone took it upon themselves to post it to a deals website as they were offered at half price for those that were waiting, sucks but what do you do

I have only ever purchased Nextbase cameras so as a loyal customer of their products I will wait to see what their Customer Service say first.

What can I do?
You may well ask.
(But I once used a sledge hammer to smash up a faulty (brand new) £800 washing machine at the manufacturers HQ because they refused to replace it, with TV, National and local newspapers all present).

I have just gone to fit my rear cam, so I thought I would connect them first to make sure they work before fitting the F to R cable.
I get no screen in screen just a yellow border where the rear image should be whether I chose L or R, and the 512GW goes into a loop stating "recording. recording" over & over until I turn it off.
Rechecked the 512GW on its own to make sure the settings are correct for both cams and it's working OK, get the same fault as soon as I connect the rear cam again, and turn on the ignition :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Edited: FW 21.6 .

Last edited:
I like others requested an update last year on when the rear camera would become available. But I’ve not been informed that the rear camera is out now?

I have just gone to fit my rear cam, so I thought I would connect them first to make sure they work before fitting the F to R cable.
I get no screen in screen just a yellow border where the rear image should be whether I chose L or R, and the 512GW goes into a loop stating "recording. recording" over & over until I turn it off.
Rechecked the 512GW on its own to make sure the settings are correct for both cams and it's working OK, get the same fault as soon as I connect the rear cam again, and turn on the ignition :unsure::unsure::unsure:
Edited: FW 21.6 .

I reported it to support, they came back and asked me to supply an image of the cable plugged in the rear cam, so I did as they asked, it sticks about 3mm and is wobbly, just the same as others reported.
They have now come back again asking me for make and size of SD card with images front & back, the card (UHS1 U3 class 10) works fine in the 512GW as a stand alone device.

So Iv'e just tested it again with a Samsung EVO+, and it's exactly the same, I filmed the wife holding the rear cam with it attached to the 512GW and all I got was a front cam video file., tried dual files both ON & OFF made no difference.

EDIT: 10.51 19/06/18 Thanks to Tiffany@support for sorting out the problem.

Last edited:
Well I've been after the rear view 512gw camera attachment for over 12months with no success,I never new I had to put my name down to have any chance of getting one until I found this forum 10 minutes ago.
I've always spoke to next base who kept referring me to halfords who say they know nothing about them. Well this time i spoke to a kayman in Caerphilly south wales who has now taken my detailes and as put me an a list. I just hope I don't have to wait another 12 months for this to happen. So it seems Tiffany gets things done around here so please if you pick up in this your intervention would be greatly appreciated

@Richie.p I took your email earlier from Kyenan so rest assured its definitely been noted, you should get an email from us 6th July.

It definitely won't be another 12 months, phew.

wow Tiffany your on the ball answering, tell Kyenan i'am sorry for spelling his name wrong, and look forward to July 6th;)

It's OK - it is an unusual name.

You're welcome when it goes out I'll pop here too just to make sure you've had it.

I connected the rear cam, updated the firmware, and plugged everything together but I can't find any footage the SDCard from it.

Back