GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Just been reading your posts on the Facebook group. What's the difference between the S and SF models? Forgive me if you've written this elsewhere on this forum

SF is suitable for fleet use and is bulk purchase only, hardware is the same just some different firmware/software for the data logging

I for one would like to hear about firmware updates via the Facebook group.

I know there are users that don't frequent forums that might be more regular in other places so it makes sense to be where the people are and let them choose where they'd like to get the info, we can't be everywhere but at least widen the reach to some other spaces makes sense I think

I agree. It's also important to make sure you make those other avenues of information seem real and genuine to those people, because I don't believe that BlackVue Facebook group was a genuine manufacturer backed one, but I had to trust it as it had the most complete information about firmware and product updates. And don't forget as soon as you send your products down the distribution channel most of them will probably create their own Facebook page so when a customer searches for GuardTrak they will likely see a fair few other groups

I agree. It's also important to make sure you make those other avenues of information seem real and genuine to those people, because I don't believe that BlackVue Facebook group was a genuine manufacturer backed one, but I had to trust it as it had the most complete information about firmware and product updates. And don't forget as soon as you send your products down the distribution channel most of them will probably create their own Facebook page so when a customer searches for GuardTrak they will likely see a fair few other groups

I know what you mean, as far as being real that will be easy to validate as we have links to the various platforms from our website (hopefully the site will be running early next week), I think in some cases people resort to making their own if there is none or the official one is lacking, I don't want to knock other manufacturers but I guess we have an advantage that English is not a second language so perhaps it's easier for us to participate in these platforms, for our English speaking customers at least, if we were to say find someone in Russia that wanted our product then that responsibility would fall on them as clearly I'd suck at providing support in Russian, that comes down to choosing your partners wisely I guess to make sure you're well supported in other markets, it's not all about the sales

Reactions: Mtz
I fully agree with you on this. Call me old fashioned, but I like to be able to communicate with the company I buy my stuff from and get a properly worded instruction manual, rather than something churned through Google translate. It's also reassuring for after sales service

No, the site hasn't been finished yet, should be up and running on our own domain sometime next week

I cant like as i am not on any of those social pages. ( aside from youtube witch i can just handle )

But i do approve good products and service :) and if that is in order i am quite sure i can keep up to date myself.

I cant like as i am not on any of those social pages. ( aside from youtube witch i can just handle )

But i do approve good products and service :) and if that is in order i am quite sure i can keep up to date myself.
+1
These forums are the best place for me. Been following them for a year but only recently signed up.

So close to buying 0801 Mini (damaged my GS9000 trying to hard wire to fix mount connection issues) so can't wait for this camera to be released.
Have been following @jokiin's previous camera (GS1000 based) and constant involvement in forums (for other cams as well). Keep up the good work!

Yahoo!!! Jokiin gets his own sub-forum :) About time.

Thanks DashCamMan :D

Cheers :) Mario

Last edited:
actually DashCamMan offered to set it up for me a long time ago but I held off until we had more to talk about

Good idea, I'm sure you already have quite a loyal following considering the excellent advice you offer on all aspects of dashcams (not just you own brand) and the decency and respect you show to other manufacturers and forum users.

Keep up the great work :D

Cheers :) Mario

...I found with our last product that it was sometimes a challenge to keep in contact with people as the numbers grew and they wouldn't get notified about firmware updates, we did 12 release versions over the last year and I still occasionally get someone contact me...

Please consider doing what TomTom and Garmin both do: have a counter/timer in the software which checks to see how long it has been since someone updated their map database. After 60 days (or whatever), a user is reminded when he turns on his GPS device that he needs to visit the website for updates. He must click the OK button to continue using the device. You can adjust this timer so it's normal frequency in the first 2-3 years of ownership, then eventually filters off (or is discontinued as newer models are supported instead).

that's an interesting idea, not sure how possible it is to implement, would need to have an option to disable as well I think as some people may not like the reminder

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back