GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

I get what you're saying, but all those objects don't house the many parts that a dashcam does in such a small space

I get what you're saying, but all those objects don't house the many parts that a dashcam does in such a small space

a lot of rearview mirrors actually contain quite a bit of electronics these days, many have no ventilation either, our camera is no more effected than anyone else's as far as absorbing the sun but at least we've used automotive grade components throughout, not many others that do this, for products with batteries in this this is very risky

The headliner in my Toyota truck has a built in compass and temperature display just above the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, it failed this summer because of the heat. It's my understanding that the diodes are the weak point. To make matters worse, my vehicle is dark blue so it gets like an oven in the cab in the summer sun. My next vehicle will be white or silver.

The headliner in my Toyota truck has a built in compass and temperature display just above the rear view mirror. Unfortunately, it failed this summer because of the heat. It's my understanding that the diodes are the weak point. To make matters worse, my vehicle is dark blue so it gets like an oven in the cab in the summer sun. My next vehicle will be white or silver.

must be hot if the temperature display failed ;)

must be hot if the temperature display failed ;)

Hi Jokiin,

Can you start a new thread? One where we can just sign up on a waiting list for the product?

Also, GuardTrak GT2S probably makes a lot of sense inside your company, but if you call it something weird like "Black Rabbit" or "Rubber Bunny 96FoV" it's going to be a lot easier for everyone else to remember. (I have a Chinese relative who's a heart doctor, and he came up with "Diamondback 360" for a flexible, inflatable rasp they use to widen arterial passages before putting stents in.)

(You might also consider trying a naming contest in this thread. :)

well I think rubber bunny is probably off the short list, actually when I was a kid a Diamondback 360 was a BMX bike (Mongoose knock of)

not sure about names but contest ideas are interesting, we will be doing something on Facebook soon for anyone that is a user there it might be of interest, we'll be giving away some cameras etc

well I think rubber bunny is probably off the short list, actually when I was a kid a Diamondback 360 was a BMX bike (Mongoose knock of)

not sure about names but contest ideas are interesting, we will be doing something on Facebook soon for anyone that is a user there it might be of interest, we'll be giving away some cameras etc

How about calling it the "GuardTrak GT2S Sphincter Catcher" ;)

that would be the one, we hadn't mentioned it anywhere but a couple of people had managed to find it already

I think I was about the 3rd or 4th person to like the page, cool :) I'm pretty certain the number of likes will have a sudden boost for you Jokiin :rolleyes:

I think I was about the 3rd or 4th person to like the page, cool :) I'm pretty certain the number of likes will have a sudden boost for you Jokiin :rolleyes:

yeah like I said we hadn't listed it yet but will be doing a promotion there soon that will involve giving away some cameras, part of that will be in the Australian tradition doing a deal for a 'friend of a friend' where I'll ask people to like and share etc (usual Facebook stuff we see all the time) and the there will be some cameras go to people I don't know, but who do know someone that I know, either through forums, Facebook etc, will have to work on the wording etc but it's basically so some of the product goes to the friend of a friend

although I'm not looking to market through Facebook as such I do appreciate people spend a lot of time there and we're looking to be able to contact people via their preferred platform, Facebook, Twitter, mailing list etc when there's things like firmware updates and similar, I found with our last product that it was sometimes a challenge to keep in contact with people as the numbers grew and they wouldn't get notified about firmware updates, we did 12 release versions over the last year and I still occasionally get someone contact me asking about something and find they're on an older version, just trying to have ways for people to keep updated that suits them, if we can do some things to help raise awareness outside of just some small forums then that would help too

I for one would like to hear about firmware updates via the Facebook group. When I first started looking for a dashcam a couple of months ago I found a BlackVue Facebook page which had firmware announcements and also people were posting videos from their dashcams and voicing their opinions about the products... I came so close to buying a DR500 before I stumbled across this forum and had a chat with you Jokiin about your own products :)

Just been reading your posts on the Facebook group. What's the difference between the S and SF models? Forgive me if you've written this elsewhere on this forum

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back