GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

that's an interesting idea, not sure how possible it is to implement, would need to have an option to disable as well I think as some people may not like the reminder

You're right, we DON'T like to see the reminder, but we have no say in the matter -- it just works. After seeing the friendly reminder a dozen days in a row, though, you're more likely to bring the device in the house and just do the update.

Looks like we're a little late to put Black Rabbit in all the promos. Besides, I forgot how much a problem rabbits were Down Under ... different connotations. :)

I'd hate to have that reminder bugging me everyday only to bring it and find out there is no update though, harder when it's just a reminder but no real intelligence built in

You're right, we DON'T like to see the reminder, but we have no say in the matter -- it just works. After seeing the friendly reminder a dozen days in a row, though, you're more likely to bring the device in the house and just do the update.

Looks like we're a little late to put Black Rabbit in all the promos. Besides, I forgot how much a problem rabbits were Down Under ... different connotations. :)

If you need a catchy name for it, call it the "Interceptor" as an homage to the car used by Mad Max (also called "The Road Warrior" in some countries). The Guardtrak GT2S Interceptor :D

Last edited:
I'd hate to have that reminder bugging me everyday only to bring it and find out there is no update though, harder when it's just a reminder but no real intelligence built in

I think that's why TomTom and Garmin use a long clock to trigger the reminder. If they expect releases every 30 days, the trigger executes at 60 or 75 days. However, map updates are almost always expected. Program code updates wouldn't be expected in the same way. My Cowon Z2 mp3 players only have core BIOS updates about every 6 months, it seems.

yeah with the last product we did we did 12 release versions in 12 months, a lot of that was based on things we're doing in this product though so while we'll still be working on improvements they probably won't need to happen as often as they did with the last product, I'm sure we'll always be working on something though, we're trying to get as much done as possible prior to release but I'm sure there will still be improvements we want to make or maybe something new we can think to add, a lot of what we had done already was based on user feedback, improvements that were requested or suggestions

I'm not quite sure but it seems like the dashcam is designed to fit on vertical windshields only?

Hi @jokiin

Can the GT2 be powered by a mini usb cable as well as the round socket (cant remember the proper name for it) that I can see at the top?
View attachment 3156

I only ask as i have a dual usb car lighter adapter that I use to power my rear cam and front as both current cams have mini usb connectors.......

View attachment 3153 View attachment 3155

......so I already have this set up and it works great.

Alternatively, can you get a cable that is USB to round power plug ?

CBLUSBPW_m.jpg

Reactions: Jim
Alternatively, can you get a cable that is USB to round power plug ?

CBLUSBPW_m.jpg

I'd have to check if this was possible, I think not but can't say for sure right now, the USB port is just a service port, it's not intended to run the camera so it needs to be powered via the barrel connector (the capacitors wouldn't charge otherwise)

I'd have to check if this was possible, I think not but can't say for sure right now, the USB port is just a service port, it's not intended to run the camera so it needs to be powered via the barrel connector (the capacitors wouldn't charge otherwise)

Is this reply for the other poster (Jim) ?

The cable I depicted was so you could use the existing barrel connector power socket on the GT2S, but at the other end plug it into Jim's Double USB outlet in his cigarette lighter. Could this work ?

Is this reply for the other poster (Jim) ?

The cable I depicted was so you could use the existing barrel connector power socket on the GT2S, but at the other end plug it into Jim's Double USB outlet in his cigarette lighter. Could this work ?

voltage is what I'd need to check on, would only be 5v

Ah, voltage. Didn't think of that. Could well be a problem.

The camera is 5v to 28v rated, just not sure if the 5v can be fed through the bracket power supply or not, its not intended to work like this so not sure

My wild guess is that it won't work from the USB port :)

Will the camera have 128gb support? I'm finding that with the TF2+ at 13mps I only get 6 hours footage from a 32gb memory card.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Will the camera have 128gb support? I'm finding that with the TF2+ at 13mps I only get 6 hours footage from a 32gb memory card.

not on this model, we do have dual cards though so 2 x 32gb at those bitrates would get you around 12 hours of footage

some later models will offer larger memory support

"some later models will offer larger memory support"
And support for external harddrives - SSD - HDD - USB flashdrive too i assume.
A external harddisk drive seem as cheapest way to get mutch storage, but may have issues with vibrations / crash situations, SSD or USB flash drive will proberly be best.

We need a thumbs up smily :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back