Top 10 Native 4K Action Cameras for 2018

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hi guys,

I know this may be very subjective, but, let's try to list out the best 2018 action camera releases.

GoPro will probably top the list, but, you never know....

Specs, pricing, support, and video quality should all factor in.

Please try to link to the manufacturer sites instead of GB when possible :)

Is Eken still making good Native 4k cams?

With the current price of the Sj8pro, it seem to be a damn good deal
Just saw you was able to pick one up for 160 USD

With the current price of the Sj8pro, it seem to be a damn good deal
Just saw you was able to pick one up for 160 USD
Good to see SJCAM is still making good hardware :)

I know this may be very subjective, but, let's try to list out the best 2018 action camera releases.
According to the members of the forum 4PDA the following action cameras in 2018 should be considered:

This is only the opinion of users and members of the Russian forum (a list of cameras on Sept 2018 that are worthy of consideration, the best at the top of the list), but maybe this will help someone;)

According to the members of the forum 4PDA the following action cameras in 2018 should be considered:

This is only the opinion of users and members of the Russian forum (a list of cameras on Sept 2018 that are worthy of consideration, the best at the top of the list), but maybe this will help someone;)
This looks like solid and accurate list :)

I will add some explanation to the list (post #5): this is just a list of action cameras, which, in the opinion of Russian 4PDA forum members, have the best quality, which are tested in work and are recommended for purchase. But this does not mean that all of them have 4k resolution and these designations "4k" are no more than a convenient name among users and accepted in everyday life.
To clarify, you can look at the topic of 4k fake: The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

And I will also explain:
Mijia 4K it meant Xiaomi Mijia Mini Camera ...Ambarella A12S75 Sony IMX317 ...Action Camera Global Version
Git2 it meant GitUp Git2
with stated 2k (Novatek NTK96660 + Sony Exmor IMX206 16MP), but this does not diminish its significance and high level of video quality :)

I will add some explanation to the list (post #5): this is just a list of action cameras, which, in the opinion of Russian 4PDA forum members, have the best quality, which are tested in work and are recommended for purchase. But this does not mean that all of them have 4k resolution and these designations "4k" are no more than a convenient name among users and accepted in everyday life.
To clarify, you can look at the topic of 4k fake: The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

And I will also explain:
Mijia 4K it meant Xiaomi Mijia Mini Camera ...Ambarella A12S75 Sony IMX317 ...Action Camera Global Version
Git2 it meant GitUp Git2
with stated 2k (Novatek NTK96660 + Sony Exmor IMX206 16MP), but this does not diminish its significance and high level of video quality :)
Well put! yes, there are many non-native 4k cameras that also take good footage :)

Anything new guys?

With the advent of the dji osmo pocket i am pretty much done with action cameras, but i do hope dji are able to make a updated version before i am able to afford one.
Something in between the original osmo and the osmo pocket will be fine i think.
Dont really need "action" camera as what i film and use cameras for don't have as much action in it that the durability of a action camera are needed.
But i will probably keep tracks on the action camera market anyway to keep up with technologies deployed by the different companies.

Is Eken still making good Native 4k cams?
yes.
H5s Plus
V50 Pro
(not to be confused with Akaso brand)
H6s
H7 Black
(not to be confused with Gopro brand)

Back