First Huawei, now Hikvision

I'm sure that low-light pic was a little bit "rigged" like night driving vids from cheap dashcam manufacturers, but that is mighty impressive. I did see where it uses long exposure times to help achieve this which means it's not directly transferable to dashcams due to motion blurring, but the multi sensor concept could be.

Phi;

"The CEO said the P30 Pro was the first in the industry to use a periscope-style camera based around RYYB (Red, Yellow, Yellow Blue) filters over the standard RGGB (Red Green Green Blue). This reportedly lets the camera ingest more light—boosting the quality of pictures. ISO sensitivity—the ability to capture light—has been boosted to a whopping 409,600 on the new Pro. For comparison, the P20 Pro—which was lauded for its photo credentials—was ISO 102,400. Essentially, this means capturing photos in dark conditions is easier than ever. The presentation placed P-series images alongside those from competitors, including Samsung."

https://www.newsweek.com/huawei-p30...pecifications-optical-zoom-smartphone-1375039

low_light-P30.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe yeah that zoom camera are amazing.
I am unsure if that are also available in video mode or if it is just a photo thing, but finally a phone camera are able to be a daily shooter to me. ( that rarely are close to the things i want to take a picture of )

O hell yeah, wayyyy too expensive for me too.
There are other things i sink money into, and also more than i really need ( my PC ) And i can live with that, but even if i had a working paycheck i would not spring for a that expensive phone.
I am also amazed i have not yet broken the screen on my current phone, by my standard that should have happened by now. It have always been this way with me, even back when a phone screen was a lot smaller and the phones was dumb.

P30 Pro Super Macro Mode
View attachment 45872
Not sure I fancy eating those strawberries, don't look very edible, the green bits don't look very fresh, but maybe that is what happens if your sensor has no green pixels!

I'll stick with the much cheaper Gitup Git1, even though it doesn't have a zoom, I can always move it closer to the subject!

y4m13mcpwMvXg-UVrOCVysJpx7NOqYOegD6DSsrLuw-l5GR7VzqSe88ODkBR7q6jFuOZ6sDXpX4kbdw6H2zM3uabPh9oV-fWFUv98DFJjwCmzyOwsMzCWjQq0UVw0dkw_4clqfHpeQfufkonmWUbgHTMcg-P_gguBpp-DAJGA88K21Ylu2e4j7vhgFTmUMG6GfL

or maybe I prefer the Gitup G3 - that does have a zoom, although it is digital:

y4mGoMGvrpl3SWgE0xq-eza3qOyD0asmquz6fwPEJSt4aMt5w2ViAaWMgLeA2o7tLIwwYefQC85r7KgLf0qEyiHlVkgyJJBirhqVptmBqKDXMSindBrxt_ugGZc49hWpvreBpCPmJxlpNt3AccyJxgj2YairoQrCWJmmaVittsx0vQaKSoglsGPq7Ih1meV_KQC

Hehe yes those first berries could have used a bit more maturing before picking.

Macro have always been a favorite of mine, in 8 grade or whenever it was i had photo in school about 40% of all my pictures every week was macro which my parents SLR camera did pretty well at least from what i was able to tell back then.
Sadly all those many kiloes of B&W photos are long gone, could have been fun to look at today almost 4 decades later.

Not sure I fancy eating those strawberries, don't look very edible, the green bits don't look very fresh, but maybe that is what happens if your sensor has no green pixels!

I'll stick with the much cheaper Gitup Git1, even though it doesn't have a zoom, I can always move it closer to the subject!

y4m13mcpwMvXg-UVrOCVysJpx7NOqYOegD6DSsrLuw-l5GR7VzqSe88ODkBR7q6jFuOZ6sDXpX4kbdw6H2zM3uabPh9oV-fWFUv98DFJjwCmzyOwsMzCWjQq0UVw0dkw_4clqfHpeQfufkonmWUbgHTMcg-P_gguBpp-DAJGA88K21Ylu2e4j7vhgFTmUMG6GfL

or maybe I prefer the Gitup G3 - that does have a zoom, although it is digital:

y4mGoMGvrpl3SWgE0xq-eza3qOyD0asmquz6fwPEJSt4aMt5w2ViAaWMgLeA2o7tLIwwYefQC85r7KgLf0qEyiHlVkgyJJBirhqVptmBqKDXMSindBrxt_ugGZc49hWpvreBpCPmJxlpNt3AccyJxgj2YairoQrCWJmmaVittsx0vQaKSoglsGPq7Ih1meV_KQC

I don't quite see what your particular culinary aversions or for that matter the nature of the chosen subject itself have to do with the Huawei P30 Pro but the phone clearly does a far superior job with macro imagery than your poorly exposed and over-sharpened Gitup actions cam shots.

I'll never have one. I'm still quite happy with this phone:

Not the latest and greatest from 2009 :love:

Phil

Last edited:
If they could put current high end phone cameras in like the format of old regular phones i would snag one up ASAP.
My last regular cell phone was a Bosh 909 or something, the damn thing was so small, but pair that with a awesome camera for video and photo and i would be happy.
And some modern specs so it could do 4-5G and act like a hot spot, and a little color screen.

I'm not even going to give this one the honor of even a simple direct response. Just because something is designed, made, and controlled by people in your own Nation doesn't make it any safer or better that what is being done elsewhere. China and it's people are no more friends or enemies than your own Nation or people are. Until you understand who the real enemy is you cannot successfully fight them, and once you know who they really are you'll see there's no way of winning anyway. As Walt Kelly said in a 'Pogo' comic long ago "We have met the enemy, and he is us" :oops:

Phil

First ... bwaaaaaaahahahahha!!! You have an idealistic bent that is kinda charming in an ignorantly naive sort of way. As they say, ignorance is bliss ... amirite?

Second ... way to skirt REAL actual issues with some tired, irrelevant and generalistic platitudes.

Third ... prove the stuff you spout. Walk the talk. SS#, name, address, phone, bank accounts etc ... post them right here, right now. You don’t care, right? Nothing to see, right? So just do it. Else, you’re only confirming your own bs.

This topic is about a COMMUNIST army having hooks into a secretive COMPANY with a proven history of STEALING western business and military intel and sharing it with sworn enemies of DEMOCRACY, among other things. This is not about other random companies, products, the Chinese people, or China as a whole. Nobody is saying all of China or Chinese companies have the same intent or hidden agendas. Do you understand nuance?

Like I said, you either believe what YOUR government is telling you, or what that OTHER government is telling you. You choose.

And, btw, you people who proudly tout your phones from 1955 ... umm, you look ... foolish. Modern devices are not “phones” in the traditional sense. They’re supercomputers thousands of times more powerful at a fraction of the cost and size from just a few decades ago. Among the countless things they’re able to do, ONE of them happens to be making phone calls. The fact that you brag about your failure to comprehend that concept reveals a ton about you.

Thats it, most people today don't carry a phone, they carry a computerized communications devise.
I personally just need a phone, don't even need to do text messages. but i must also admit the geek in me are fascinated with what a smartphone can do, but really most of its things i would probably never use.
My PDA back in the day ( some HP thing ) i pretty much also got for the NAV possibilities it offered. which now thinking back was stupid as i use navigation maybe like 1 time every 6 months ( tops )

P30 Pro is very popular in China, the price is a little cheaper in China. It sells almost 100,000 pcs every day.
For very low light picture like take a shot for moon, the phone will use AI to optimize the photo.
Due to less demand of iPhone, Huawei production is more efficiency.

It is interesting to see talking about the Tibet and Huawei, etc here.
Personally, I worked at Huawei for 2 years, and have been to some countries for technical support.

The Tibet is very very beautiful, welcome to China for a visit.

I trust and believe in NO government(s) anywhere. Nobody should :cautious: Nor do I trust US software to be less intrusive or more secure than anyone else's. Given how vast a major government's resources are compared to mine there's nothing I could hide from them even if I wanted to do that. And other than my naked body I don't have that need to hide anything :ROFLMAO: The security and anonymity steps I take are done to deter individual creeps with bad intent who are simply looking for an "easy kill" to harass and play with. I have no financial or security value. I'm just a boring and common old goat almost ready to go out to pasture for the last time waiting for God to finish the job he started almost 60 years ago in making me :cool:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacibaci Home Security, Surveillance Cameras, IP Cams, CCTV 7
Back