Need a microSD card. Samsung PRO Endurance?

The Batman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
I was planning on getting this MicroSD card because a lot of reviews are saying it's the best memory card atm:
20-147-697-V01.jpg

However, someone said there have been issues with this card in the A129:
(third post in the thread) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/128-gb-high-endurance-card-vs-256-gb-normal-card.38774/

I wasn't able to find those other posts where people were having issues.

What memory card would you recommend I get instead? I would need to get it shipped to Canada. Thanks.

I was planning on getting this MicroSD card because a lot of reviews are saying it's the best memory card atm:
20-147-697-V01.jpg

However, someone said there have been issues with this card in the A129:
(third post in the thread) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/128-gb-high-endurance-card-vs-256-gb-normal-card.38774/

I wasn't able to find those other posts where people were having issues.

What memory card would you recommend I get instead? I would need to get it shipped to Canada. Thanks.

Samsung Pro Endurance write speed is only
30 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 10 MB/s Minimum
I think is too low a for a dashcam especially with high resolution recording.

I'm currently using SanDisk 128gb High Endurance with
40 MB/s Maximum (Burst)
Write Speed: 30 MB/s Minimum
Works fine on my A129 DUO IR.

check here for spec comparison

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to avoid SanDisk because I read several replies here where it failed on them which is concerning.

I like Samsung but the Evo Plus is not high endurance so I don't think it's officially for dashcam usage? I know it has a fast write speed but I am worried about issues with the constant writing.

Been using 2 of these (256 and 512) with no issues in 2 different cameras.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07MKSGZM6
I am very glad to hear that. I have been using Samsung EVO SSDs for many years without fail so I completely trust this brand. Though I am not sure if there is just one EVO lineup consisting of their SSDs, microSDs, etc. or if it is something completely different with each other.

It's great that the Evo Plus/Select is a lot cheaper than the PRO Endurance. Unfortunately 256GB and up is still too expensive for me.

I will buy the 128GB for myself and a friend when it is in stock: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B06XWZWYVP
Thank-you for the help everyone.

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to avoid SanDisk because I read several replies here where it failed on them which is concerning.

I like Samsung but the Evo Plus is not high endurance so I don't think it's officially for dashcam usage? I know it has a fast write speed but I am worried about issues with the constant writing.
Only recently I started using Sandisk High Endurance. Cant commend much about it. But the High Endurance is their latest 2019 launch. Should be an improved sd card over their older models. As for Samsung Evo Plus, I have been using it for 4 years without any issue, with hot weather here 35/36 degrees Celsius.

I use SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring 128gb card Class 10, U3 and V30 and have not had any issues.

Sandisk have always failed with me.
About the only brand which fails consistently out of all my micro SD Cards dating back to 2013. Have even went through the bother to return them one after the other to Amazon - they used to send a huge box to containing a tiny card. Hilarious. Now, they don't do this, they send it in a envelope, and I also notice you cannot send them back so easily when they fail....! I had a Sandisk 16Gb fail in a £400 12.2" Samsung tablet and the heat from the sdcard slot was unreal. I was lucky the electronics didn't melt and serious damage didn't happen. So they can even go short circuit.
I still have Sandisk cards, including a 128MB which is in a backup mobile phone, but will avoid them like the plague in future.
Samsung EVO are great however...
Viofo sell a MLS 64GB card for £26 - it lasts about 2-3 times longer than a ordinary TLS card.

However, am thinking a decent 128GB card will be just as good. The larger space means it lasts 2 as long as a 64GB anyway.

Viofo sell a MLS 64GB card for £26 - it lasts about 2-3 times longer than a ordinary TLS card.
And their 128GB card is only £13 more, which given that a 128GB should last 2x longer than a 64GB, should be much better value.

Also seems to be very good quality with real MLC memory with a rock solid speed, not whatever Samsung use which seems rather variable in speed and sometimes gets a bit slow.

For use with a 4K camera where you need the consistent high speed, I definitely recommend the Viofo cards.

I am buying a £14 TLS 128Gb high performance card, but you can get a 256Gb TLS card for £25 inc delivery (7 day shop) - about the same price as the 64Gb MLS viofo card. It has to be said - there are not many MLS cards out there to buy. It might be best to go for the viofo card to encourage more to hit the market.

I am buying a £14 TLS 128Gb high performance card, but you can get a 256Gb TLS card for £25 inc delivery (7 day shop) - about the same price as the 64Gb MLS viofo card. It has to be said - there are not many MLS cards out there to buy. It might be best to go for the viofo card to encourage more to hit the market.
Sounds a bit too cheap! Sure it's not fake?

On Amazon a 128GB Evo Select is £26, and given the Viofo MLS should last nearly 3x longer, that makes the Viofo good value, especially as it will work perfectly in a 4K dashcam while the Evo might mean restricted bitrate. Of course the speed is not an issue if you have a 1080 dashcam and no plan to upgrade before the card wears out!

For 2 years I have used a Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3 card in my GitUp F1 which has worked flawlessly, even with modified firmware which has peak write speeds over 100Mbps.

I recently purchased some Viofo 64GB MLC U3 cards. Initial bench testing with h2testw suggests the Viofo cards are even faster, and as Nigel says, the data rate remains very stable.

Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3.JPG Viofo 64GB MLC U3.JPG

I have sandisk in many devices and have never had any issues. I have ultra versions of 64gb, 128gb and 200gb. The 128gb endurance was just over £30 and so far has been fine in my 129 duo.

I have sandisk in many devices and have never had any issues. I have ultra versions of 64gb, 128gb and 200gb. The 128gb endurance was just over £30 and so far has been fine in my 129 duo.
Maybe you can correct me, but my understanding of the Sandisk Endurance cards is that although they are optimised for video, probably meaning that they maintain decent speed rather than inconsistent speed, they don't have double the lifespan, and so 128GB for £30 is OK rather than great value. The Samsung Endurance does have double lifespan, and it seems likely that the Viofo MLC has closer to 3x lifespan, although there are no figures available to confirm that.

I've been using a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB in my A129 for just over a month, no problems so far.

But, it's not been very long. I also haven't pulled the card to look at videos in a couple of weeks. I probably need to do that at least once a month, if not more often, just to make sure it's working.

I ordered the 128GB Samsung EVO Select and it should be arriving tomorrow. Might get the dashcam installed this weekend.

My family also has the A129 as well and I ordered them the same storage card.

Thanks everybody for the comments. I will update the thread in the near future with how things go.

I went with the evo and havent had issues recording. Just trouble setting it up. Mightve been my laptop im still not sure though.

EVO is good enough. I have used them in continuous recording security cams and have never had a failure over a multi-year period of use. In contrast have had 3 San Disk failures including in security cams, mobile phones and a tablet.

Back