How many miles a year do you drive?

How many miles do you drive a year

• Total voters
I'd imagine that accounts for quite a lot of hours compared to some other countries

Highways are no better, 300kms will take 5-6 hours, no matter what.

It take the time it take, not least like you like me don't take advantage of the full speed limit on motorways, i am no fan of those roads so when i do drive on one then i just do 110 km/h though most places 130 are the limit.
BUT ! it is also the one and only place where i go under the limit like that, other places i do my best to keep the steam up and put my car on the limit.

Limit here on national highways is 100-110, I've rarely driven at that speed for over 2 minutes, just not possible, too much going on and to look out for. 80-90 is maintainable but then over the trip it averages out to around 60.

Did 500 kilometres in 6 hours once, doesn't sound like much but even after driving harder than I should or ever will, could only average about 80, just not possible here. From what my friends tell me, covering 100-150km/h on highways in Australia and United States is effortless.

Last edited:
Limit here on national highways is 100-110, I've rarely driven at that speed for over 2 minutes, just not possible, too much going on and to look out for. 80-90 is maintainable but then over the trip it averages out to around 60.

Did 500 kilometres in 6 hours once, doesn't sound like much but even after driving harder than I should or ever will, could only average about 80, just not possible here. From what my friends tell me, covering 100-150km/h on highways in Australia and United States is effortless.

We have some highways around 130-140kmh (75-80mph). I set my cruise and do those speeds all day. Then again American interstates are often wide open and desolate so you could go double that and be fine.

I drive about 30,000 a year. I can not say that it is very much, but I think it is not enough. Unfortunately, spare parts change regularly, and since the car I have a very rare ( interesting gift ) , for my region, I have to order only on page in another country . In General, I need to drive less probably, to save money :unsure::cry:

I definitely know how that goes. I also own a 1969 Mercury Cougar Eliminator and limit the driving on that. Parts can get expensive.

It's on the higher end of the scale. Most people drive 10 - 15k miles but I drive 25k.

Is it bad for the car? No, you're using it for its intended purpose. If you're keeping up with all required maintenance on time then it's fine nissan kicks interior india

It's on the higher end of the scale. Most people drive 10 - 15k miles but I drive 25k.

Is it bad for the car? No, you're using it for its intended purpose. If you're keeping up with all required maintenance on time then it's fine nissan kicks interior india

Just don't put spam in the radiator and will be ok.

My pickup went under 10,000 miles after I installed new mud tires on it. I'm planning to acquire a set of all-terrain tires from 4WheelOnline so I could use it again for daily driving.

My pickup went under 10,000 miles after I installed new mud tires on it. I'm planning to acquire a set of all-terrain tires from 4WheelOnline so I could use it again for daily driving.
I'm guessing mud tires cost way too much to wear them out quickly?

Back