Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

Opinion as you
@StrayCam is angry with reason and is right, but the solution is not to make a daily smear campaign.
I think that viofo is the first interested in solving the problems.
Totally agree but like I said, he has raised very valid claims or points but I think he is causing more damage to the request to fix due to the nonstop daily tantrums.

Sorry EGS, but I'll continue to put this topic out as long as Viofo continues to ignore us A129 users!

Btw, back in Aug, I stayed off of these threads for nearly a month giving Viofo the month they told me they needed to fix the problem. At the time, it seemed "reasonable" that they needed that time to "do their work". I did not make any posts during that time. I "trusted what Viofo had told me"... My bad!!! - - And now they've told Sdeel7491 something similar, but only a month or so later. I guess their thinking was if it got me off of their back, it could certainly work with Sdeel7491...

Btw, this particular thread,
"Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners"

...was not started by me. It was started by HonestReview. It turns out, lots of customers are "disappointed with Viofo"!

The problem formerly on these threads with people posting about Viofo is "no one would say anything negative" about Viofo. They either work in the same town and/or have some allegiance to Viofo (free equipment, etc...). Had someone like me been vocal about the problems with Viofo when I was researching dash cams, I would have purchased something else. - - But Viofo's problems were hidden back then. Now, they are not...

If I were Viofo, I'd fix this problem for the benefit of all "current Viofo customers". Of course, that's just "crazy me" thinking!
Maybe Viofo has pushed the ignore button on you and if your intention is to discredit this company you may as well be making a fool of yourself and achieving the opposite.
Viofo and any other manufacturer have a lot to learn from our feedback as it is for their best interest as a business to quality control but communication must be on a civil manner.

Maybe Viofo has pushed the ignore button on you and if your intention is to discredit this company you may as well be making a fool of yourself and achieving the opposite.
Viofo and any other manufacturer have a lot to learn from our feedback as it is for their best interest as a business to quality control but communication must be on a civil manner.

I understand his frustration, because promises are made, and aren't kept. However, some things are outside of Viofo's control and other problems are within their reach. For the duplicate frames, the problem appears to be in the SDK. Viofo should apply pressure on the developer to fix, though Viofo cannot directly solve themselves. I understand these limitations, but they still reflect negatively on Viofo.

Far as G Sensor not function in park mode, I believe this would be within Viofo's capabilities to resolve internally. So why they are pushing off resolving the problem is what StrayCam is probably mad about. Maybe they have yet to devise a solution, but communication with the end user would be nice as "ongoing problems" we're trying to resolve but have yet to devise a solution.

Far as G Sensor not function in park mode, I believe this would be within Viofo's capabilities to resolve internally. So why they are pushing off resolving the problem is what StrayCam is probably mad about. Maybe they have yet to devise a solution, but communication with the end user would be nice as "ongoing problems" we're trying to resolve but have yet to devise a solution.
@TonyM has posted multiple times that he has tested multiple beta versions Viofo has sent him trying to correct the g-sensor issue. The latest version being very promising. Clearly Viofo is working on it.

@TonyM has posted multiple times that he has tested multiple beta versions Viofo has sent him trying to correct the g-sensor issue. The latest version being very promising. Clearly Viofo is working on it.

Good to know and falls along the lines of what I suspected. Trying to devise a solution but a working one has yet to be finalized. This should make StrayCam happy.

I believe

Yeah ... too bad you refuse to listen to people that actually have inside knowledge of the business.

The continual ranting by members on certain topics aren't going to make Viofo suddenly fix an issue. I'd suggest you ask Jokiin about these sorts of things, but you'd just dismiss his answers as rubbish, just like you have done with what you think it costs to make these things.

I understand it's frustrating to have something you have purchased not do something you hoped it would. I don't know about where you live, but around where I live, we return it and buy something that will do what we want.

Of course, I'm just a silly fanboi ...

Yeah ... too bad you refuse to listen to people that actually have inside knowledge of the business.

The continual ranting by members on certain topics aren't going to make Viofo suddenly fix an issue. I'd suggest you ask Jokiin about these sorts of things, but you'd just dismiss his answers as rubbish, just like you have done with what you think it costs to make these things.

I understand it's frustrating to have something you have purchased not do something you hoped it would. I don't know about where you live, but around where I live, we return it and buy something that will do what we want.

Of course, I'm just a silly fanboi ...

Why ask Jokin? Bill Zhou has clearly said resolving the duplicate frame issue is NOT a priority. And then went on to state it's an issue with the SDK but wasn't a priority. Jokin handles Street Guardian. He's not the mouth piece for Viofo.

Why ask Jokin? Bill Zhou has clearly said resolving the duplicate frame issue is NOT a priority. And then went on to state it's an issue with the SDK but wasn't a priority. Jokin handles Street Guardian. He's not the mouth piece for Viofo.
yeah I can't answer questions on their behalf, how they do things is not something I have any direct influence over

yeah I can't answer questions on their behalf, how they do things is not something I have any direct influence over

Apparently your insignia and logo weren't clearly stated as being Street Guardian....Sigh.

Off topic but I have a very genuine question. Does the Street Guardian SF9663DCPRO and the Viofo A129 Duo use similar hardware?

Last edited:
I don't know which SDK version Viofo is using, they like to add in a lot of features that we don't or wouldn't use so it may be that they are using a newer SDK

until now any changes to the SDK's have only been done by Novatek, we have now just got full SDK access so we can fix stuff directly, it previously only went through Novatek, while that's less work you're at their mercy as to if, how, and when something gets done, that's how all suppliers work pretty much so nothing new, the annoying part for us is that we've been responsible for so many bug fixes and feature improvements in the past five years that others have benefited from without having to do a thing, at least now we can keep our own development to ourselves, whatever we do will still get copied but it won't be a free ride like before

I don't know which SDK version Viofo is using, they like to add in a lot of features that we don't or wouldn't use so it may be that they are using a newer SDK

until now any changes to the SDK's have only been done by Novatek, we have now just got full SDK access so we can fix stuff directly, it previously only went through Novatek, while that's less work you're at their mercy as to if, how, and when something gets done, that's how all suppliers work pretty much so nothing new, the annoying part for us is that we've been responsible for so many bug fixes and feature improvements in the past five years that others have benefited from without having to do a thing, at least now we can keep our own development to ourselves, whatever we do will still get copied but it won't be a free ride like before

Did Street Guardians suffer from the duplicate frame issue since both the SDK for the A129 Duo and the Street Guardian were initially developed and supported by Novatek?

Sadly, once you release the firmware, there's no guarantee that someone won't reverse engineer your fixes and steel the code to resolve issues with their own cameras. Assuming the issues are a shared problem.

I wouldn't think a duplicate frame issue would be a priority. Dropped frames, yes. Duplicate, no.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think a duplicate frame issue would be a priority. Dropped frames, yes. Duplicate, no.

Front Camera randomly drops frames. Rear camera duplicates every 91-92 frames. So yes there's a problem.

So why call it a duplicate frame problem?

So why call it a duplicate frame problem?

It's a dual problem. Front Camera randomly drops and rear camera reliably duplicates every 91-92 frame. The problem only occurs when both the front and rear camera are connected together. Call the problem what you want I guess. The main issue is duplication, but the secondary issue is random dropped frames.

Sadly, once you release the firmware, there's no guarantee that someone won't reverse engineer your fixes and steel the code to resolve issues with their own cameras. Assuming the issues are a shared problem.
whatever we do will get copied, always happens, nothing new there

It's a dual problem. Front Camera randomly drops and rear camera reliably duplicates every 91-92 frame. The problem only occurs when both the front and rear camera are connected together. Call the problem what you want I guess. The main issue is duplication, but the secondary issue is random dropped frames.
So does the randomly dropped frames happen on all cameras? How many have you seen and what software could be used to see if mine does it? I know I've asked before in one of these threads but no one ever gave an answer.

Back