Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

But Zenfox isn't a different level or type of cam- it's at Viofo level
I guess it is good that you see the Zenfox at the same level as Viofo, but apart from the 3 channels, nothing in the T3 is exactly cutting edge technology, it still uses mini USB cables, still uses microSD, still uses a 2" LCD, still uses super capacitors, it is even using a generic plastic shell used by other manufacturers!

Maybe it is at the same level as the Viofo A129 Duo, released a couple of years ago, but new Viofo cameras don't use old technology, they set new standards... Must be about time for a new Viofo that will make the Zenfox T3 look old tech!

Viofo is not just a seller for Zenfox- the shared firmware clearly proves a much deeper connection as does the coincidence of them both using the same new SOC, and the newest hardware doesn't come cheaply. No start-up is going to jump straight into trying to make a top-level cam on their own out of their own pocket; most who try that fail (even those who crowd-fund end up similarly). Even Viofo started his brand near the bottom with the A118C and the G1W/S, existing designs and a known quantity where a greater chance of success lay for a start-up. To his credit he did build up to making some great cams, but the name now carries the onus of recent failures which haven't been resolved. Instead of bringing out a new brand those issues should be dealt with first; that's the proper way to go about things. A good person does the proper thing because it is the proper thing. People who aren't that good will do differently ;)

Phil

I love the Viofo A129 Duo. It's solid and reliable, albeit the dupe frame (every 92 frames) and dropped frame at random will never get resolved. I've resolved myself to understanding I don't need a Hollywood caliber recordings as proof. I would definitely love to have the issue resolved, but Viofo doesn't own their SDK and appears to have no interest in pushing their developer to do anything about the issue. As the problem was introduced early on in a firmware update.

Fast forward to the Viofo A129 Pro. The issues are compounded. People are irate, the camera appears to have tons of problems, and the issues are going unaddressed. Maybe Viofo is working on the back end trying to find solutions. I don't own this camera, so cannot attest to the veracity of the grumblings. However, leaving people wondering is never a good thing, as it builds discontent. It's better to be honest and state, we've heard your feedback, and are working as quickly as possible to resolve all the issues than say nothing at all.

From what I'm reading here, companies love create subsidiaries to sell cameras that might not be in line with their usual quality or market. I.E. lower end camera or a sport camera. That makes sense, though I would still think if you're proud of the product, there'd be no qualms about labeling it Viofo, Street Guardian, etc. But whatever, as long as you're honest about it, then no harm no foul.

From being on this forum, and I haven't read every manufacturer's thread or posts, the one person who seems to always be there is @jokiin. I've never owned a Street Guardian, but people seem happy. He's always around to answer questions and never hesitates to provide feedback. I think this speaks volumes about a manufacturer. @jokiin seems proud of his product and makes no beef about being available for feedback.

When a person like @Zenfox_Official disappears after criticism or @viofo stays silent, people get a bad impression. Paying for Amazon Reviews only goes so far. Eventually, real buyers get the product in hand, and state their true opinion. One thing I always do when looking for an item, is read the negative reviews first. Then the positives. I'll go online and look to see if those negatives are substantiated elsewhere or if it's an individual person's inexperience or a one off on receiving a defective product.

Last edited:
Well jokiin are the top dog at SG, so he pretty much set the standard himself, other people in here from other companies are maybe just representatives of the company and so can not do as they please.
Like i for instance experienced with a korean brand, offering up a new model for testing, and us talking back and forth really nice on e mail, and then suddenly nothing.

It's the Chinese way of doing things. Inspired by the CCP/PLA...

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong, that was on Foxoffer. Don't know whether the Viofo brand store was online when Foxoffer was around or if it started after.

Not sure when Foxoffer ended but the A118C has been around awhile and AFAIK that was Viofo-built and maybe still is. So to be clear are you saying that Bill is only a partner in Viofo? Most of us thought he was the sole owner.

Phil

Not sure when Foxoffer ended but the A118C has been around awhile and AFAIK that was Viofo-built and maybe still is. So to be clear are you saying that Bill is only a partner in Viofo? Most of us thought he was the sole owner.

Phil

From what I remember reading, don't remember where, he's a partner.

From what I remember reading, don't remember where, he's a partner.

OK and I certainly won't hold you to being sure about this. Thanks (y)

Phil

Bill Zhou's Linkedin: https://cn.linkedin.com/public-prof...issionId=4252e04b-6c18-2516-c1b9-38372586017b

Always thought he was an owner / partner...His CV / Resume says Product Manger....So no clue.
  • Viofo Ltd
    Product Manager
    Viofo Ltd
    sep 2012 – nu7 år 11 månader
    Shenzhen
    Product research and development for VIOFO Car dash camera and GitUp action cameras.

• Foxoffer LTD

CTO
    Foxoffer LTD
    aug 2012 – nu8 år
    b-3a, junjinghuating garden, minzhi road, shenzhen, china
    Web Design, SEO, Marketing.

Well regardless of whatever else, we now know of connections which can explain certain things, and can be extended to what we can expect from Zenfox since we have a history of Viofo to go from. My direct dealings with Bill have been few and good overall- certainly many other cam companies are far worse and I'd say not too many are better overall.

But there's still an elephant in the room in the A129Pro issues and a few other Viofo cam issues as well. Is something similar going to happen here? I guess we will have to wait and see but at least we now know who we're dealing with ;)

Phil

Well regardless of whatever else, we now know of connections which can explain certain things, and can be extended to what we can expect from Zenfox since we have a history of Viofo to go from. My direct dealings with Bill have been few and good overall- certainly many other cam companies are far worse and I'd say not too many are better overall.

But there's still an elephant in the room in the A129Pro issues and a few other Viofo cam issues as well. Is something similar going to happen here? I guess we will have to wait and see but at least we now know who we're dealing with ;)

Phil

What baffles me is if Viofo is indeed behind Zenfox (still speculative to some degree), then why would Viofo spin off this product? The T3 is on the surface a very capable camera on the same playing field as Viofo. But when put into use, we have found many shortcomings. Did Viofo notice the T3's problems, and instead of tarnishing their own name, create a subsidiary company? I mean something is fishy and I just can't seem to wrap my head around why Viofo doesn't want direct association with Zenfox.

We're not talking a new company coming in with a low end entry level camera. The T3 is definitely a recycle of existing case design, but by no means uses inferior SOC or Lenses. So it isn't a rock bottom item to produce.

Maybe knowing they are taking a chance, so instead of risking the whole ship, they have launched a dingy which will float or sink.
And if it float it can always be wheeled back in as it is just on a tow.

And if it float it can always be wheeled back in
That doesn't sound quite right :unsure:

Maybe "hauled back in" would be better!

Hehe yeah some man,,,,, okay former man of the sea i am. :)

Though old sailing ships with man powered capstans, they was sort of a wheel and people pushing that around ( by the sweat of their brows and strength of their back )
Often chanting a sea shanty.
thats actually what is pictured if you "wiki" sea shanty.

lossless-page1-433px-Quidcapstan.tiff.png

Parma_-_crew_at_the_capstan%2C_weighing_anchor.jpg

Back