Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Sounds more like bias.

Personal experience. Not a bias. I've seen foreign doctors before that have been excellent. One's from India and/or Pakistan around me have always seemed like quacks. Could just be bad luck of the draw. Nothing against foreigners what so ever. Just seems like the medical training over there is less than desirable with the quality of care I've gotten in the past.

I had an Indian dentist until he retired. His wife was also a dentist. They were great.
I think his son became an orthopedic surgeon.

I had an Indian dentist until he retired. His wife was also a dentist. They were great.
I think his son became an orthopedic surgeon.

Personal experience. Good Doctors bad Doctors. Just not had luck with Indian / Pakistani ones. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there, but my experiences didn't exude confidence in their abilities.

I'm super late to this party but I can give you my experience regarding random shutdowns that I've tested a few weeks.

• I had issues with the camera shutting itself down and restarting when I used the long USB cable in my car. Using the short cable I have not had this issue. It was similar to the old A119 V1 when the screen would flicker as if the connection to the camera was not very good and then restart. This also caused the internal/rear cameras to muck up on screen.
  • My camera does run hot to the touch. However, I have not had it shut down regarding heat (nor has my Viofo), even on a 32C day in direct sun. We don't have those much here so I only got one day to test. Other sunny days (26-30) and it's been working fine. Hot. But fine.
    • I did also did test with 2h of driving on a 30 degree day (however camera was operating in 1440p60 + 1080p30 and not with rear channel since it was mounted in another car and I did not want to move the rear cam)
  • I also had it shut down and complain about memory card issues with my Samsung memory cards. I had to buy another Sandisk High Endurance and it seems fine with that one (and, ironically, a super cheap and sketchy no name memory card from aliexpress).
I don't think that the hardware issues were fixed just because I got my camera a few weeks later... but perhaps it is because I have the camera mounted on the black windshield dots it's enough to keep it from overheating?

I also wonder if the camera is putting out more effort to draw power across a long cable, and internal components are overheating more as a result? I'm not thaaaaaaaaaat technical so I'm not even sure if this is a thing.

I'm just trying to think what could be variables and why mine is working fine compared to others.

I'm super late to this party but I can give you my experience regarding random shutdowns that I've tested a few weeks.

• I had issues with the camera shutting itself down and restarting when I used the long USB cable in my car. Using the short cable I have not had this issue. It was similar to the old A119 V1 when the screen would flicker as if the connection to the camera was not very good and then restart. This also caused the internal/rear cameras to muck up on screen.
  • My camera does run hot to the touch. However, I have not had it shut down regarding heat (nor has my Viofo), even on a 32C day in direct sun. We don't have those much here so I only got one day to test. Other sunny days (26-30) and it's been working fine. Hot. But fine.
    • I did also did test with 2h of driving on a 30 degree day (however camera was operating in 1440p60 + 1080p30 and not with rear channel since it was mounted in another car and I did not want to move the rear cam)
  • I also had it shut down and complain about memory card issues with my Samsung memory cards. I had to buy another Sandisk High Endurance and it seems fine with that one (and, ironically, a super cheap and sketchy no name memory card from aliexpress).
I don't think that the hardware issues were fixed just because I got my camera a few weeks later... but perhaps it is because I have the camera mounted on the black windshield dots it's enough to keep it from overheating?

I also wonder if the camera is putting out more effort to draw power across a long cable, and internal components are overheating more as a result? I'm not thaaaaaaaaaat technical so I'm not even sure if this is a thing.

I'm just trying to think what could be variables and why mine is working fine compared to others.

1. @EGS experienced the internal and rear shutting down while driving. I don't recall having encountered this issue except for when the camera was already shut down due to heat.

2. The Camera generally is OK if the windows or AC is on. Of course, if it's hot enough, the camera does shut down under normal driving conditions. Per @EGS. Again I may have experienced this issue once or twice. Mainly, mine stems from camera in park mode and overheating with hardwire kit. I'd say for those who never intend to ever use park mode, the camera is 80-90% reliable. But what's the point of a Dash Cam if you can't record while parked. I prefer to have my car protected while driving or shopping.

3. I highly doubt the hardware issues are resolved. Again, if you're interested purchase the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit and install it to the fuse box. Test to see if camera overheats while sitting in the sun during park mode. 26-30C is plenty hot to overheat it on a sunny day.

Parking mode are of little interest to me, but if it is there it must of course work.
No AC in my little "cheap" car, so windows are cracked on nice summer days, otherwise even with my love for hot weather i would go insane.

I am pretty sure raw or as now modified temperatures have not been my issue, but hard to say now as summer for this year seem to be over now though according to the calendar it should still be another 5 weeks.
I have on < 20 der C days tried to crank my heater on full blast and venting on the windscreen, all i have gotten out of that is a red face and a sweat on it too, the T3 seem to not mind one bit.
And really all the times i have been feeling it while driving it never felt hot, and surely not as hot as i have felt cameras like the Joovuu X cam and my mobius 2 maxi get, or for that matter my action camera after 15 minutes of 4K/60 recording in my living room.

Parking mode are of little interest to me, but if it is there it must of course work.
No AC in my little "cheap" car, so windows are cracked on nice summer days, otherwise even with my love for hot weather i would go insane.

You're lucky to get 20C so heat isn't necessarily an issue for you or Nigel. But yes, parking mode is a feature, it needs to work. I would never buy a camera without park mode. I find it important to know of someone damages my car while it is parked in public.

I am pretty sure raw or as now modified temperatures have not been my issue, but hard to say now as summer for this year seem to be over now though according to the calendar it should still be another 5 weeks.
I have on < 20 der C days tried to crank my heater on full blast and venting on the windscreen, all i have gotten out of that is a red face and a sweat on it too, the T3 seem to not mind one bit.

A heater isn't a substitute for the hot sun baking the camera.

And really all the times i have been feeling it while driving it never felt hot, and surely not as hot as i have felt cameras like the Joovuu X cam and my mobius 2 maxi get, or for that matter my action camera after 15 minutes of 4K/60 recording in my living room.

Again a heater is no substitute for a hot sun beating on your windshield and warming the camera.

Last edited:
I find it important to know of someone damages my car while it is parked in public.

I would too if i had a nice car i cared about, though i have paid far too much for my little Suzuki ( due to Danish taxes ) then it is nothing to me as long as it go wroom when i turn the key and then move me from A to B
If i was able to get my rather different dream car as a result of a lotto win, i think i would fit it with a 4 channel CCTV system ( and maybe 1-200 KG of batteries )
That would be easy to do, and 1/4 ton of extra power for parking mode will also not be a problem as the car already weigh in at 10 tons. And it is tall so could get a nice top down view on anyone getting naughty with my car.
Though it dont really matter cuz on its own it is mill spec bullet proof and you need a .50 cal or a RPG to make a dent in it, or a landmine to maybe stop it.
76519a39631f80b973e83b1f6c63a52e.jpg

There's speculation because of firmware being shared and someone suggested components. Whether that means someone is recycling technology to use in the T3 or Viofo is behind the company is yet unconfirmed. We simply don't know.

Okay thanks, just wanted to check if I missed something.
FWIW, I think they're the same if not affiliated company. I was going through my banking transactions and noticed a recent one with Viofo. I checked all my logs and it was the same day I ordered the T3. Not sure if thats am indicator of hardware and firmware compatibility with Viofo. Just some food for thought

Okay thanks, just wanted to check if I missed something.
FWIW, I think they're the same if not affiliated company. I was going through my banking transactions and noticed a recent one with Viofo. I checked all my logs and it was the same day I ordered the T3. Not sure if thats am indicator of hardware and firmware compatibility with Viofo. Just some food for thought

I don't understand. So did you purchase the Zenfox T3 or get one as part of the beta? How would your banking transactions link Zenfox and Viofo?

AHA! There IS a tie-in, or should I say a second brand :cautious: Banks don't get things like this wrong and the only way Zenfox would be billed as Viofo is if Viofo sold the cam or the money went through his account ;) The truth emerges...

Phil

1. @EGS experienced the internal and rear shutting down while driving. I don't recall having encountered this issue except for when the camera was already shut down due to heat.

2. The Camera generally is OK if the windows or AC is on. Of course, if it's hot enough, the camera does shut down under normal driving conditions. Per @EGS. Again I may have experienced this issue once or twice. Mainly, mine stems from camera in park mode and overheating with hardwire kit. I'd say for those who never intend to ever use park mode, the camera is 80-90% reliable. But what's the point of a Dash Cam if you can't record while parked. I prefer to have my car protected while driving or shopping.

3. I highly doubt the hardware issues are resolved. Again, if you're interested purchase the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit and install it to the fuse box. Test to see if camera overheats while sitting in the sun during park mode. 26-30C is plenty hot to overheat it on a sunny day.

So I am not interested in a hard wire kit for my circumstances, however, I will do some long term parking tests with a USB battery bank and get back to you if my cam overheats during. The AC on my car is pretty strong so possibly that's keeping it from dying while driving.

AHA! There IS a tie-in, or should I say a second brand :cautious: Banks don't get things like this wrong and the only way Zenfox would be billed as Viofo is if Viofo sold the cam or the money went through his account ;) The truth emerges...

Phil
Yes, as you mentioned zenfox and viofo have several things in common to not think they share the same bed...

So I am not interested in a hard wire kit for my circumstances, however, I will do some long term parking tests with a USB battery bank and get back to you if my cam overheats during. The AC on my car is pretty strong so possibly that's keeping it from dying while driving.

If the camera is mounted to the window with the 3M adhesive, simply go to parking mode and set it to "ON", and then of course hook the camera up to the battery bank. Park the camera in the sun on a nice hot sunny day. Go back outside and check the camera. You'll likely find only the front is running or the camera possibly ceased recording all together.

With the new firmware, it disables the interior camera when it gets hot, but this is a bandaid because it'll still overheat and shut down after a bit longer timeframe.

Phil

He didn't explain himself so I think it's premature to state there's a tie in. We don't know if her ordered the Zenfox T3 and was billed by Viofo. He didn't make himself very clear.

I don't understand. So did you purchase the Zenfox T3 or get one as part of the beta? How would your banking transactions link Zenfox and Viofo?
Yes I didn't get my T3 from this forum (although I'm a previous member). I joined this thread after experiencing issues with my T3 and Google showed me this thread.

Without going to too much details on a public forum. Basically I purchased it from Zenfox and got reimbursed. Didn't think too much about it until recently when I was reviewing all my transitions in detail this summer (for a different reason). I noticed that the reimbursement from Zenfox was actually from Viofo (contacts details and all).

Yes I didn't get my T3 from this forum (although I'm a previous member). I joined this thread after experiencing issues with my T3 and Google showed me this thread.

Without going to too much details on a public forum. Basically I purchased it from Zenfox and got reimbursed. Didn't think too much about it until recently when I was reviewing all my transitions in detail this summer (for a different reason). I noticed that the reimbursement from Zenfox was actually from Viofo (contacts details and all).

Hmmm....So Zenfox is a subsidary or offshoot of Viofo. Interesting. And reimbursing people to allow them to be a verified purchaser seems shady. I guess companies are desperate for positive reviews. @SawMaster mentioned this happening. Wasn't aware of that aspect of "promotional reviews" until he raised the issue. Seems quite dishonest on a company's part.

Hmmm....So Zenfox is a subsidary or offshoot of Viofo. Interesting. And reimbursing people to allow them to be a verified purchaser seems shady. I guess companies are desperate for positive reviews. @SawMaster mentioned this happening. Wasn't aware of that aspect of "promotional reviews" until he raised the issue. Seems quite dishonest on a company's part.

I see this with action cams a lot. For example Akaso has links to at least one or two other brands on Amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if several other dashcams, ie Aukey, Apeman and others are somehow linked. We definitely have seen several white label dashcams come out (especially in the budget space where people slap their brand on any old camera and call it a day; and in action cams you've got the Vantop Moment 6S / SJCam SJ8 Pro as an example).

On your second note so many 3rd party sellers at the top of any search on Amazon offer Paypal reimbursement for five star reviews. It's one of the only ways to remain competitive these days (first page sells) and also why you'll see knockoff brands showing up before the legit real thing. I don't trust reviews on Amazon these days. It's only getting worse as more companies do it and Amazon appears to not respond. Since the refund takes place outside of Amazon it's pretty rare sellers get banned (reviewers do occasionally, but this is not the heart of the problem). I think right now the problem is so deep if Amazon did a mass purge of sellers they would lose most of their best seller non-western-brand products.

Sellers are so sneaky and will not even give fake review buyers a direct link to the product. They will make them search for it, sometimes even click on a few competitors, in order to make the purchase seem organic. A refund takes place outside the Amazon system, so any purchase/review made this way comes up as "Verified Purchase".

Zenfox did not contact me and ask me to review on Amazon, however they asked for me to order the camera from Amazon and they would refund after I reviewed it (I suggested they send it to me directly instead which they did: this is rare, most sellers will only want reviews for "verified purchase" on Amazon and/or will only refund if you give it a 5-star review. I often see "If you don't like the product or we lie about refund, just return it! There's no risk!!". ZF did not do that to me).

Last edited:
Sold through the same retail operation. The Viofo online shop is part of a bigger shop that carries other brands and manufacturers, but on separate websites such as gitup.com and zenfox.com.

Everyone knows that Gitup is the action cam side of the Viofo business. They are different enough in nature that it is understandable to have two brands. SG has their lower-priced GuardTrak brand of dashcams and doesn't try to hide that. And I'm sure there are other multi-brand companies too, but the real issue here is that instead of transparency we've been kept in the dark about the connection which is deceptive- and nobody likes being deceived :mad: I've long suspected one of the brands @DrekiTech mentioned has connections to Viofo too, but like SG these are cams on two different levels. But Zenfox isn't a different level or type of cam- it's at Viofo level which begs the question of why you'd "compete" with yourself instead of building your existing brand into market dominance. Maybe because your existing brand has gotten a bad reputation and you plan on dumping it? Now something like that would be very bad and very wrong and ut hasn't happened here- yet. But if it does then the world deserves to know the truth :cool:

In a world where most people give too much credit to how many stars they see, and to reviews made by people who seem to know what they're doing, you have to do what it takes to keep that going in your favor to stay at the top of the heap. You can either build and support a product that keeps you there, or you can try to subvert the system by arranging for biased/fake reviews, or both. And there are some which do both, strange as that may seem :cautious: I've always made it clear to folks who offer me cams for review that I don't play the subversion game- I will only accept cams for free with no strings attached, and I will be totally honest and fair in how I evaluate them. That sometimes gets me a cam but about as often it gets me silence in hearing no reply :eek: Which says a lot about the one making the offer in itself. I don't mention those people nor do I name names publicly about the ones asking me to be subversive, as I don't feel it is proper to make private conversations public. Those folks will find someone else to do their dirty work for sure so I leave it at that. But with the people here the whole thing was done publicly so I have no reservations on speaking up.

Viofo is not just a seller for Zenfox- the shared firmware clearly proves a much deeper connection as does the coincidence of them both using the same new SOC, and the newest hardware doesn't come cheaply. No start-up is going to jump straight into trying to make a top-level cam on their own out of their own pocket; most who try that fail (even those who crowd-fund end up similarly). Even Viofo started his brand near the bottom with the A118C and the G1W/S, existing designs and a known quantity where a greater chance of success lay for a start-up. To his credit he did build up to making some great cams, but the name now carries the onus of recent failures which haven't been resolved. Instead of bringing out a new brand those issues should be dealt with first; that's the proper way to go about things. A good person does the proper thing because it is the proper thing. People who aren't that good will do differently ;)

Phil

Back