COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure how many of the kids going down there have had the virus and so some degree of immunity, i dont think very many of them, so doubtful if it have had anything to do with immunity.
And i also doubt Danish kids drunk out on their ass, are any better than the most hardcore football hooligans, so probably not much social distancing going on while they was down there.

Probably just luck.

I dont get that guy on the ferry, from what i read he was pretty bad off, so he must have felt that to a large degree too setting off for work,,,,,, so in my book just a idiot.
In this day and age, if you feel under the weather, you stay home and go get tested.

I was leaning towards going to get tested on Tuesday, but i had just eaten my chilli pizza too fast i think, after a few hours things settled on their own.
Personally i dont care much, though i would prefer to not die on a ventilator in a hospital, my only concern is to not pass something like corona on to the few people i see and care about.

Things happen fast, the oldest of our 2 princes, well holidaying on their chateau in France he had a brain aneurysm, and was airlifted to hospital.
His oldest kid is attending the French École Militaire as the first Dane to do that.

In this day and age, if you feel under the weather, you stay home and go get tested.
Yes, people used to do that near the start, but now enthusiasm is being lost. I think I heard that Australia is now paying people to isolate, to make sure they don't lose out on work. Might be necessary elsewhere if we don't get a vaccine before winter when it is almost certain to spread easier, possibly why Australia is currently struggling when it did well earlier in the year.

Danes get paid,,,,, period, corona or not.
But other Danes are the ones paying, a benevolent system many a person abuse. ( a system i dont like, at least not at the level it is implemented now )
There is also talks now that maybe some companies have gotten a bit more money than they should, and we are not talking about the companies outright swindling with the grants.
From the billions they been handing out left and right, and still 50.000 have lost their jobs during corona.

"But paid by other Danes" that be the 3 million or so working Danes, then there is all the kids / old / decrepit / and parasites that make up the rest of the 5.7 million of us.

Probably half of the world;s workers do not get paid if they do not work. These are usually low-paying jobs which exacerbates any need to stay home instead of working. Can we really expect such people to stay home for several days? I think the expectation is there, but not always the means to fulfill it, and that is but one of the many issues this pandemic has brought to light in the way we do things in this world.

Phil

Yeah the politicians have to say stuff like that, but for a whole lot of peoplethats just words they have to disregard in order to survive / live.

A study indicate that 1 in 7 dont even know they have been infected :eek:

It's not about your health...it will be over Nov. 4th

Raw figures do not lie. And even when you add in some leeway for possible errors you still get the same results with this virus. The UK, US, and Brazil have screwed up completely in handling this pandemic and are experiencing the highest infection and death rates in the world. Nobody else comes close no matter how you measure it unless you twist facts and ignore some of them first to favor your calculations.
But it does seem to depend on which "raw figures" you look at!

An update from the European excess death figures for week 29, which of course give the true death count, and which includes UK, Sweden, Switzerland and other non-EU countries, is more concerned with deaths from heat than from covid-19! This is the true picture, this is why Europe including UK has reopened its businesses and borders and, apart from some infection control requirements, is back to normal:

Week 29, 2020
Pooled estimates of all-cause mortality for the countries participating in the EuroMOMO network have reached normal levels, following a period of a substantial excess mortality observed in some countries, coinciding with the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, in some countries there might be a tendency towards an increase in mortality, possibly due to heat waves.
charts-pooled-by-age-group_week29_2-c2129c4f-5189-4c94-a69c-783ae269157b.png

So, no, UK has not "screwed up completely in handling this pandemic", and neither has Brazil, but the USA strategy of running their lock-down three months before the peak instead of during the peak does seem a little hard to explain! Now coming up to 5 months with borders closed for USA and no prospect of anyone wanting them back in the foreseeable future.

But their PM will ban commercials for junk food now, so thats good at least.
Just like cigarette commercials got banned, so should a lot of other things, and this is me that in general are all for people making their own mistakes and as little as possible government interference with anything.

PS: A stufy of corona in cats and dogs, see them have antibodies too, though no one knew they had been sick, and their antibodies fade just as fast it seem.
This is also around 3% of the tested animals.

But their PM will ban commercials for junk food now, so thats good at least.
That one protects from more than just coronavirus excess deaths, well worth doing :)
Could do with forcing Mcdonalds to only sell healthy food rather than just ban their adverts!
Or close down those American food outlets and go back to good old fish and chips now that we have got our fishing waters back from the EU :D

It is my firm plan to backup my genome, and have it scrubbed for my few flaws, and then have a new me printed when i die.

PS: A stufy of corona in cats and dogs, see them have antibodies too, though no one knew they had been sick, and their antibodies fade just as fast it seem.
This is also around 3% of the tested animals.
Did you add the cats and dogs to your total new cases today?

You have nearly twice the number of new cases as UK today :unsure: (Corrected for population.)

Another Phase III trial for the Oxford vaccine, this time in India, and South Korea is setting up for manufacture:

And maybe South Carolina:

Last edited:
No i think that study was made in Spain.
Still no need to go for masks officials say, we have a good grasp on things at the moment, but it might change if numbers start to get nasty again,,,,, though that statement confuse me CUZ we just went thru nasty with no masks, so why would we need masks for a #2 wave,,,,,, unless they know it is going to be much worse then.

As with just about anything i am amazed i actually understand most that come out of a official / politicians mouth, but it do go strait to the jibber jabber files, never to be unearthed again.
And even with handling like that, some times,,,,, okay very often, it manage to infuriate me first and then go to jibber jabber storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back