SGGCX2PRO+ won't start

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the SGCGX2PRO+ I got for my wife nearly 2 years ago crapped out in January. I don't know why. It won't start, and nothing I can do can make it start. Even inserting a pin into the Reset hole on the side, whether briefly or holding for a long 10 count before letting go, only seems to put it back where it was. I first assumed it was the card, so first I powered it off, pulled out the card, and tried starting it up without it, hoping to get the angry beeps that the card was missing. Nope, same behavior. So I removed the card, pulled everything I wanted off it, and I used SDFormatter to do a full overwrite format before re-inserting it and powering up the cam. Same behavior, no change, no matter what I do.

Any suggestions?

Here's a video of the behavior. Apologies for the door chime that came across much louder than I would've expected.

And I think I may have actually noted where it died. I can't say for sure because I didn't notice it at the time.

This same thing happened to mine on February 5, 2022. After a week of working on this trying to resolve the issue, i have had no luck. I tried a hard reset, (the reset button), unplugging power for up to 3 hours, trading out SD Cards and even disconnecting all of the wiring at the camera and in the dash. i purchased this unit on June 6, 2021 with the dash cam, SG9663DCPRO+ with Micro SD Card (SG9663DCPP-256), hardwire kit, Hardwire Kit – with all Fuse Taps (SGDCHW-TAPKIT), and an extra SD Card, SanDisk High Endurance Video microSDHC Card with Adapter (SDSQQNR-256G-GN6IA. (Order # 26158) Up to this point it has been great. It is surprising what you miss seeing when you are driving. We even used some images from our 2400 mile trip to Las Vegas and back, thru the mountains of Colorado. Multiple near misses that happen quite often and the the idiots that just don't know how to drive. I guess I am just going thru dashcam withdrawals. Anyway, any help in getting this back on the road would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What did Street Guardian say about it when you contacted them?
I have not contacted them direct. I looked on the website but didn't find where to whom to talk to other than the generic email. I guess if I can't get this one fixed I'll just buy something else. All of my correspondence have always been here on DashCamTalk and it has always been helpful. I will just wait and see what happens for now.

I have not contacted them direct. I looked on the website but didn't find where to whom to talk to other than the generic email. I guess if I can't get this one fixed I'll just buy something else. All of my correspondence have always been here on DashCamTalk and it has always been helpful. I will just wait and see what happens for now.
You may open a ticket:

This is one of the most overrated cameras I have used, my Viofo V3, my Garmin Dashcam 56 and my 8 yearold Mobius 1 cameras are far superior to the SGCGX2PRO+, I could not recommend this camera to anyone, look else where for a cheaper alternative.

This is one of the most overrated cameras I have used, my Viofo V3, my Garmin Dashcam 56 and my 8 yearold Mobius 1 cameras are far superior to the SGCGX2PRO+, I could not recommend this camera to anyone, look else where for a cheaper alternative.

I have to agree.

After both my SG9665GCs died due to a boot looping problem and I got no useful help from Street Guardian, I purchased a SGCGX2PRO+. I just couldn't believe how bad the camera was, especially the image quality based on several different criteria. And the camera had other issues, apparently having to do with the power supply. I ended up returning it for a refund and purchased a A119 V3 instead. I was so pleased with the camera I purchased a second one as a rear facing cam. The 2K image quality is exceptional, the functionality and performance is excellent and both cameras have been operating flawlessly for over two years now. And each of the V3s cost about half the price of the SGCGX2PRO+ which is older technology and lacks 2K resolution and the feature set of the V3.

Street Guardian cams are the most over-hyped, over-rated and over-priced cameras we see touted here on the forum. When I first purchased the SG9665GC it took five replacement units until I got one that worked properly. (focus issues, IQ, DOA, etc.)

Last edited:
Street Guardian cams are the most over-hyped, over-rated and over-priced cameras we see touted here on the forum
I too will be requesting a refund, image quality is very, very poor,

Makes you wonder if this business model can continue to exist or has it fallen over already.

I have lodged a ticket expressing my frustration and disappointment with this camera, I have requested a refund.

I will advise the outcome.

Back