New Viofo A139 !

Anyone else getting this sort of clicking sound in the video? I'm wondering if it's my interior + rear cables somewhat touching each other as they're approaching the main camera body.

Sounds like cables creaking - but nothing like that in my model.

Paul.

@Paul Iddon Thanks. Maybe I'll try removing the cable for the interior camera and see if the sound persists. I also wonder if it could be picking up the sound of the CPL lens vibrating on the adjacent A129. Okay, one thing at a time to narrow down the issue I guess ...

sound like some sort of vibration, maybe from the bracket itself

It is likely to be a cable given the frequency, cable ties are often a good solution.

Hi, need to order a micro sd card, should i get a samsung evo plus 256 or a sandisk extreme 256 , whats the best for this dashcam, thanks.

Hi, need to order a micro sd card, should i get a samsung evo plus 256 or a sandisk extreme 256 , whats the best for this dashcam, thanks.
My own prefrence is the samsung evo plus over the SanDisk cards

It is likely to be a cable given the frequency, cable ties are often a good solution.
Yes i normally do, but the extreme has a 160 read, just not sure if that makes any use in this dashcam. thought id ask as im no expert. cheers.

Read speeds dont have much to say, unless you are in a hurry to get your footage off the memory card.

None of them. Stay away from non-endurance cards. Do not buy Sandisk Ultra no matter what people will say or what you read on internet about Sandisk Ultra. An advice like ”my Sandisk Ultra is working OK in my dashcam” should be omitted.
Buy any Endurance card you want from known brands. If you like Samsung, buy Samsung Pro Endurance. If you want cheaper, buy Sandisk High Endurance.

Sandisk Endurance 64GB worked fine in my A139 over a 2 week test period, but that same card has caused problems in some of my other cams. Samsung EVO Select in 3 sizes hasn't been a problem in the A139, but endurance cards should last longer; I just don't have any to try out yet.

Cards do get hot in my A139 which with 3 channels going and max bitrate in use should be expected, there's a lot of writing going on.

Phil

I have been running in Sandisk High Endurance, and Adata High Endurance cards lately. So far so good!

Also, I removed interior cam cable, and the rattling reduced a lot. I then removed the rear cam cable, and it seems to have stopped completely. I probably just need to install them in a more permanent manner. I'm glad it's not the A129's CPL.

what does this icon mean? I understand it connected with motion detection but why it crossed out? Screenshot_20210327-110909.png

This just landed on my doorstep :)

IMG_20210409_113951.jpg

The Hard Wire Kit also come with the USB - C plug geared for the anti tamper bracket.
IMG_20210409_115456.jpg

I will throw in the MIC on my drive later when i have to pick up a GLS parcel with the new 256GB memory card, HWK i think i might be able to do tomorrow at my friends place.

EDIT: There is a lot in the MIC kit, all this in the picture + a nylon bag to house it all if need be, feel of it all are NICE (y)

IMG_20210409_114834.jpg

Last edited:
Im having a nightmare with this, trying to get the thing to output a wifi , all im trying to do is get it to show on my phone so i can use the picture to place my rear camera in the correct place, it just wont connect, works fine if i remove it from the car. odd.

Im having a nightmare with this, trying to get the thing to output a wifi , all im trying to do is get it to show on my phone so i can use the picture to place my rear camera in the correct place, it just wont connect, works fine if i remove it from the car. odd.
Do you mean that Wifi is possible to turn-on but your phone is unable to find it or Wifi won't turn-on at all? Do you power it via HK3-C or normal 12V cable? (in parking mode, the buttons are locked and won't do anything, so in case of HK3 you need ACC on)

Is it hardwired to the car? Is the Wi-fi activating but not connecting or not even activating?
just thinking in park mode it appears the buttons lock, could it be that?

I read in this forum somewhere in hat some car windows interfere with WiFi.

Can't remember the thread, you'll have to search it.

Do you mean that Wifi is possible to turn-on but your phone is unable to find it or Wifi won't turn-on at all? Do you power it via HK3-C or normal 12V cable? (in parking mode, the buttons are locked and won't do anything, so in case of HK3 you need ACC on)
Beat me to it lol.

I think it must be the windscreen, it is hardwired but i have the ignition on, wifi is on, sometimes it shows on my phione then it vanishes, ill have to power it off my powerbank and try and pull the rear cable down abit to try and get it off the windscreen, seems maybe the ddpai wifi wasnt that bad after all, it must be my windows, even the side windows have all wierd wires in them

Back